SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

When is it okay to have a Soarer badge?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-09, 04:58 AM
TankMR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What if I bought a JDM bumper with Griffin and had it on a car that had a complete debadge except the "L" on the rear?
Old 09-10-09, 05:02 AM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by quickGS300
You said the 1jz sucked? Do you know how many people or making 300 whp?
I think you need to do more research lol about the 1jz.

I have a 1jz in my SC and it's quicker than any VVti SC/GS3 do you know why because i tried it.
Your not making 300hp on a stock (no bpu) 1jz and you had to spend money to get that 1jz. Spending money is the key reason the 1jz-gte sucks. I never said you couldnt make power on the 1jz but why would you want to? The 1jz sucks because its 1 step forword (cop) and 2 steps backward (.5l less displacement and worse heads) for a PRICE. The 2jz-ge can make as much power as your 1jz-gte can and once you go APU (out of stock twin power range) which btw is what na-t is, the 2jz-ge will be better since its got more displacement and a better head.

Like i said no one who swaps in a 1jz for their first sc, sells that car and buys a 2nd sc goes 1jz again. They all end up going na-t because your essentially paying a few grand for a motor that once built up is worse then the one you already have. Assuming you have a 2jz-ge.

Now maybe on a mk3 a 1jz-gte swap makes sense but not for us sc people with 2jzs already under the hood.

Last edited by Ryeno; 09-10-09 at 05:06 AM.
Old 09-10-09, 05:19 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

OK so you are talking stock 1JZ.
Everybody says the head flows better than the 2jz ,just like you tell me it's on SF.
Dude i know what na-T is !!! BTW going the Na-T is not Cheap either your making it seems like going 1jz i a waste money while i could have gone Na-T .
If i would went Na-T my car would still be on jack stands in the garage.
I am saying this because i tried it.
Old 09-10-09, 05:33 AM
Ryeno
Banned

OK so you are talking stock 1JZ.
Stock 1jz-gte is better the stock 2jz-ge which is also why the soarer 1jz-gte sales are higher then the 2jz-ge sales. BUT!!!!! if you have a sc300 with a 2jz then it costs you money to get a 1jz. So it sucks because you are spending money on an inferior engine.

And even if you buy a soarer with a 1jz-gte. The money you would spend going apu is the same as someone going na-t. And since the 2jz is better then the 1jz, well the person with the na-t sc300 would be making more power.

Everybody says the head flows better than the 2jz ,just like you tell me it's on SF.
nope that was a rumor which is also disproved on supra forums. Kinda off topic but the only reason for going 1.5jz is if you already have a 1jz-gte and are using the 2jz block as a stroker.

your making it seems like going 1jz i a waste money while i could have gone Na-T .
Thats exactly what i am saying. Sure going na-t isnt cheap. But you can use all the money you saved on a 1jz-gte to go na-t. AND even if you have to spend a bit extra, the power gains will outweigh the cost.
If i would went Na-T my car would still be on jack stands in the garage.
I am saying this because i tried it.
No offense dude but doesnt that say something about your car skills? Plenty of members on this site, sf and club na-t have gone na-t. I can see tuning as an issue but putting everything together (car on jack stands) well thats just says something about your skill.

Bottom line is the 1jz is an inferior engine compared to the 2jz. And i have talked to a few members who have done 1jz swaps and the price is just too high for the power. BTW onejay your swap is relatively cheap compared to other people. But still when you compare the price difference of a 1jz-gte to a 2jz-gte and the 3.4l stoker kit. It really brings out how much more of a bang for your buck you get even swapping in a 2jz-gte v a 1jz-gte is.

Last edited by Ryeno; 09-10-09 at 05:42 AM.
Old 09-10-09, 05:41 AM
roxanne
Pole Position

FAIL

What in the world happened in this thread There sure are a lot of know-it-all elitists around here, and about 50 of the 60ish posts on here are people bickering about useless bullchit that has nothing to do with the O.P. ...I'm losing respect for this sc forum.
Old 09-10-09, 05:49 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ryeno
Stock 1jz-gte is better the stock 2jz-ge which is also why the soarer 1jz-gte sales are higher then the 2jz-ge sales. BUT!!!!! if you have a sc300 with a 2jz then it costs you money to get a 1jz. So it sucks because you are spending money on an inferior engine.

And even if you buy a soarer with a 1jz-gte. The money you would spend going apu is the same as someone going na-t. And since the 2jz is better then the 1jz, well the person with the na-t sc300 would be making more power.

nope that was a rumor which is also disproved on supra forums. Kinda off topic but the only reason for going 1.5jz is if you already have a 1jz-gte and are using the 2jz block as a stroker.

Thats exactly what i am saying. Sure going na-t isnt cheap. But you can use all the money you saved on a 1jz-gte to go na-t. AND even if you have to spend a bit extra, the power gains will outweigh the cost.

No offense dude but doesnt that say something about your car skills? Plenty of members on this site, sf and club na-t have gone na-t. I can see tuning as an issue but putting everything together (car on jack stands) well thats just says something about your skill.

Bottom line is the 1jz is an inferior engine compared to the 2jz.
I guess you don't know NA-T issues without standalone, just ask the Na-T guys you just think it's that easy to go na-T.
I am taliking about getting the car to run , idle and boost perfectly without standalone. about my skill i do majority of the work myself with the help of some friends i don't go to the dealer for a bolt.
Im out .
Old 09-10-09, 05:57 AM
Ryeno
Banned

I guess you don't know NA-T issues without standalone, just ask the Na-T guys you just think it's that easy to go na-T.
I am taliking about getting the car to run , idle and boost perfectly without standalone. about my skill i do majority of the work myself with the help of some friends i don't go to the dealer for a bolt.
Im out .
Actually thats exactly what i said. I know all about the na-t issues but you talked about the car being on jack stands. If everything is put together then your car wouldnt be on jackstands.

Plus if you go APU on any engine, tuning will become an issue anyways...
Old 09-10-09, 06:21 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

YEAH ummmm after looking at this long heated dicusion im pretty sure im keeping my L badges GO LEXUS
Old 09-10-09, 06:55 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I like my Griffin... lol...
Old 09-10-09, 08:06 AM
djb5118
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
I like my Griffin... lol...
I like it too!

But in all honesty, I don't understand the bickering going on here. You guys are so worried about one car and one owner. He did the modifications that he wanted to do. It's not your car, its not your money, get over it.

Let's be realistic here. You act like you are doing your duty to save the SC, but in actuality, the majority of SC300/400 owners in the country aren't on this board. Of those owners I'd bet there are 3-4 more cars that are "ricey" for every one "ricer" on this board. I've seen a good amount of the cars on craigslist. You aren't going to change anything about the SC and its community by coming on here and flaming ONE owner about what he has or has not done to his vehicle.

Additionally: Reyno, you and I have bickered back in forth in the past about some issues, and I see your point about the 1jz swap. But, I'm not sure you have the grounds to be making fun about someones mods. He mentioned that no one that he hangs out with dislikes his lights. Sounds similar to the "no one that rides with me realizes that I stiched my airbag back together". More food for thought...how is badging something that it isn't an improvement? It's like buying a fake rolex. You pay much less, violate copyright, and have a lesser performing watch than the real deal. I don't get that logic.

In conclusion: When ANYONE is willing to pay for SOMEONE ELSE'S mods, then you are more than able to criticize them, but until then, "to each his own."

Last edited by djb5118; 09-10-09 at 08:16 AM.
Old 09-10-09, 08:41 AM
ziptied
Rookie

Ryeno, in all seriousness. You must read alot, you have alot of textbook knowledge but none is practical. The 1JZ is lighter than the 2JZ na, na 2J's dont have oil squirters for the pistons but 1jz's do. 1jz's having a block thats an inch shorter than a 2j, revs much quicker and smoother than a 2jz. the bore is identical to the 2jz, just stroke is shorter, which is better for longevity due to less strain on the crankshaft. Ive had them all, NA-T, TT Supra and 1JZ's in everything from Lexus' to soon an e36 bmw. Sit down and ****.
Old 09-10-09, 08:53 AM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by ziptied
Ryeno, in all seriousness. You must read alot, you have alot of textbook knowledge but none is practical. The 1JZ is lighter than the 2JZ na, na 2J's dont have oil squirters for the pistons but 1jz's do. 1jz's having a block thats an inch shorter than a 2j, revs much quicker and smoother than a 2jz. the bore is identical to the 2jz, just stroke is shorter, which is better for longevity due to less strain on the crankshaft. Ive had them all, NA-T, TT Supra and 1JZ's in everything from Lexus' to soon an e36 bmw. Sit down and ****.
whats your point? Their is no replacement for displacement. Sorry but its true. Power > Weight. And the oil squirters are almost always removed when building up a gte block.

2jz is better then the 1jz, plain and simple.
Originally Posted by djb5118
Let's be realistic here. You act like you are doing your duty to save the SC, but in actuality, the majority of SC300/400 owners in the country aren't on this board. Of those owners I'd bet there are 3-4 more cars that are "ricey" for every one "ricer" on this board. I've seen a good amount of the cars on craigslist. You aren't going to change anything about the SC and its community by coming on here and flaming ONE owner about what he has or has not done to his vehicle.
Actually most SC's you see are beater hood garbage with tinted tails and fog lights riding chrome rims not ricer.

Additionally: Reyno, you and I have bickered back in forth in the past about some issues, and I see your point about the 1jz swap. But, I'm not sure you have the grounds to be making fun about someones mods. He mentioned that no one that he hangs out with dislikes his lights. Sounds similar to the "no one that rides with me realizes that I stiched my airbag back together".
Actually i do now since i have a legit airbag

More food for thought...how is badging something that it isn't an improvement? It's like buying a fake rolex. You pay much less, violate copyright, and have a lesser performing watch than the real deal. I don't get that logic.
Depends on the case. My fake brembos (supra tt calipers) actually outpreform the lower end brembo set. It just looks cool saying brembo (plus you cant find a f sport stencil)
Old 09-10-09, 09:04 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

I am geting the griffin logo on the front ,toyota and soarer on the rear
Old 09-10-09, 09:08 AM
ziptied
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ryeno
Depends on the case. My fake brembos (supra tt calipers) actually outpreform the lower end brembo set. It just looks cool saying brembo (plus you cant find a f sport stencil)
WOW, a ricer calling someone else a ricer? ROFLMAO
Old 09-10-09, 09:10 AM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by ziptied
WOW, a ricer calling someone else a ricer? ROFLMAO
no ricer buys a set of 4 piston front/2 piston rear calipers, they buy brake covers to imitate performance.

Quick Reply: When is it okay to have a Soarer badge?