SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

When is it okay to have a Soarer badge?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-09, 09:11 AM
djb5118
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryeno
Actually most SC's you see are beater hood garbage with tinted tails and fog lights riding chrome rims not ricer.
Kind of an assumptive statement, since you have seen the same stuff as I have and all? Doubtful.

Actually i do now since i have a legit airbag
But what you have now is not the point at all. At one point in time, you were in the same situation as he is in now. You didn't appreciate people ripping on your for your "mod" so why do you feel the need to do it to someone else? People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Depends on the case. My fake brembos (supra tt calipers) actually outpreform the lower end brembo set. It just looks cool saying brembo (plus you cant find a f sport stencil)
The point is, you don't have brembos so why make it look like you do? If they outperform some models of brembos, then why would you want them to appear as a lesser performing equipment? That is your exact argument against having Soarer badges on a Lexus.

But if you want to put this in the form of YOUR [skewed] logic ("i believe its okay to fake badge stuff when its an improvement"), maybe some people feel that the uniqueness of a JDM emblem is in fact an improvement. That is their opinion and they are entitled to it.

Not to mention, you could easily make an F-Sport stencil if you really put your mind to it. Buy some xacto blades and go to town...oh wait even though your brakes aren't F-Sport...

And as usual, if you want to continue this further, feel free to PM me since it is taking this thread off-topic...
Old 09-10-09, 09:13 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not going to debate about engines, or queer ebay parts..

But this goes to all the newbs, and you know who you are. We are getting up set in this thread cause this forum is going down hill very quickly with the "ricer based" mods. I dont care how many forums your on, or how many years of automotive knowledge you think you have, or wtf you do with your car. All we are saying is that the SC and Lexus/Toyota in general is a line of nice, higher end cars. If you put things on there that look silly such as cheap fake badges for a car you DONT have (The Griffon is ok) or cheap taillights/headlights, and then brag about it, there are people here that are going to criticize you and your choices.

Plain and simple, these forums are a source of information. Along with that information comes criticizing, some may be constructive, some may not be..if you cant handle it and get your thongs all twisted cause someone tells you your making your car look cheap, leave the forums.

And until people step up and start pointing out the failures of these newbies, then yes the SC is the next 240sx/Civic/Integra. A few of the members here just dont want to see the SC become a fab like drifting and the 240sx line did after some stupid movie cause a bunch of wise-*** teenagers thought it was cool.
Old 09-10-09, 09:19 AM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by djb5118
But what you have now is not the point at all. At one point in time, you were in the same situation as he is in now. You didn't appreciate people ripping on your for your "mod" so why do you feel the need to do it to someone else? People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
in retrospect if people didnt rip on me for that i might still have that airbag...

The point is, you don't have brembos so why make it look like you do? If they outperform some models of brembos, then why would you want them to appear as a lesser performing equipment? That is your exact argument against having Soarer badges on a Lexus.
By that logic its fake for toyota to make lexus or scion since they are really toyota cars.

And no my arugement about soarers is that the soarer badge is a downgrade from a lexus badge.

But if you want to put this in the form of YOUR [skewed] logic ("i believe its okay to fake badge stuff when its an improvement"), maybe some people feel that the uniqueness of a JDM emblem is in fact an improvement. That is their opinion and they are entitled to it.
no one who knows anything about jdm thinks having a jdm part is cool.
Originally Posted by turbodremz
And until people step up and start pointing out the failures of these newbies, then yes the SC is the next 240sx/Civic/Integra. A few of the members here just dont want to see the SC become a fab like drifting and the 240sx line did after some stupid movie cause a bunch of wise-*** teenagers thought it was cool.
what sucks is people are going to buy the sc realizing its got great potential but then realize that doing it right costs soo much money and instead of saving their money, they will waste it on crap mods like ebay tails and headlights which in the end will basically turn the sc into a honda integra.

Last edited by Ryeno; 09-10-09 at 09:28 AM.
Old 09-10-09, 09:34 AM
95silversc
Rookie

Plain and simple, these forums are a source of information. Along with that information comes criticizing, some may be constructive, some may not be..if you cant handle it and get your thongs all twisted cause someone tells you your making your car look cheap, leave the forums.

/agree

While this forum is an amazing place for infoz on our beloved SCs it is also still a internet forum. I joined for the infoz and try to contribute info as best I can.

But I also enjoy internet pissing matches, kinda a hobby of mine. All of my life ive been around cars and computers. All of my adult life I have been around internet fourms.

THIS IS 2009 AND THIS IS THE INTERNET!!! L2P!!!

It has always been the responsibility of the Pros to make the noobs realize they are noobs. Often in the harshest manner possible. If you dont want to be involved with this dont read posts or threads that you dont wanna read.

As a Pro on an internet forum when someone does something that is noob it is your duty to not only point it out, but to make a mockery of them and the thing(s) they did.

These guys giving this noob a hard time are just fullfilling their duty to the internetz.
Old 09-10-09, 09:49 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is getting out of control guys, let get back to topic please. Lets get along please!!!!
Old 09-10-09, 09:51 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

wow 6 pages already since yesterday...this thread must be where it's at
Old 09-10-09, 09:53 AM
darkling
Rookie

Default badge

kinda sounds like your challenging my knowledge turbo. think you better keep your personal attacks to yourself .
And the more you type the more you carry on this sort of crap what makes you think calling names and talkin **** like "queer ebay parts" is cool .
And as for a" newbie" i was building tuner cars when you where still drinking from a bottle . so you might wanna keep your personal attacks to yourself.
Old 09-10-09, 09:54 AM
ziptied
Rookie

no ricer buys a set of 4 piston front/2 piston rear calipers, they buy brake covers to imitate performance.
A ricer also has one product and badges it as something else. just like the topic of this thread.
Old 09-10-09, 09:59 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

I think it would be best to just lock this thread and forget it ever happened.

but to be on topic, WHEN IS IT OK TO HAVE SOARER BADGES?

1. When you have a Soarer, not a stock SC
2. When you atleast have a 1J motor set in your SC
3. When your an over excited ricer and realize the Type-R badge will look funny, so you badge it something else it is still far from.
4. When you want to lie and tell people your car is something other than what it is.
5. When you are ready to get criticized on a Lexus forum for mis-badging your SC, and then get *** hurt about it.

And Finally..

6. When you are ready to truly make the SC the next ghetto fab, teenage trended and falsely inspired, Fast and Furious looking POS cause your trying to look cool and impress your girlfriend and dress up your parents drive way..

I'm finished with this thread and it pointless agenda..
Old 09-10-09, 10:07 AM
megamarine
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Did you just call drifting a fab/fad? Wow, shows how much knowledge you really have. Drifting has been going on a very long time now, since mid 80's I believe. Hell, what would be wrong with an SC becoming a drift car? I see plenty of SC's used as drift cars. Some of which even have a welded differential to maximize their drift capabilities. At the last drift event I went to in San Jose I can remember seeing 5 SC's being used out of the 35 cars. I'd say that's pretty good, but hell, my opinion doesn't matter. It's the internet...

And do note this, I've been drifting since I had my 350Z, and that started in 2001. You can thank Rhys Millen for that, I owe him one.
Old 09-10-09, 10:07 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by darkling
kinda sounds like your challenging my knowledge turbo. think you better keep your personal attacks to yourself .
And the more you type the more you carry on this sort of crap what makes you think calling names and talkin **** like "queer ebay parts" is cool .
And as for a" newbie" i was building tuner cars when you where still drinking from a bottle . so you might wanna keep your personal attacks to yourself.
oh boy...you just have no idea..and who did I call names? and who did I attack personally? and yes most ebay parts are queer and I dont think I stand alone with that..and yes I will challenge your knowledge..building a couple of imports over the years does not make you an expert, so who are you to say you know more than someone else?

I simply said I dont care how many years experience you think you have...I could care less what you know. And if you have soo many posts on other forums, go support the rice over there..dont bring your ignorance here.
Old 09-10-09, 10:08 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by megamarine
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Did you just call drifting a fab/fad? Wow, shows how much knowledge you really have. Drifting has been going on a very long time now, since mid 80's I believe. Hell, what would be wrong with an SC becoming a drift car? I see plenty of SC's used as drift cars. Some of which even have a welded differential to maximize their drift capabilities. At the last drift event I went to in San Jose I can remember seeing 5 SC's being used out of the 35 cars. I'd say that's pretty good, but hell, my opinion doesn't matter. It's the internet...

And do note this, I've been drifting since I had my 350Z, and that started in 2001. You can thank Rhys Millen for that, I owe him one.
there is nothing wrong with an SC being a drift car, and there is nothing wrong with drifting..again you missed the point.
Old 09-10-09, 10:09 AM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by ziptied
A ricer also has one product and badges it as something else. just like the topic of this thread.
my glass, tail lights, engine and a bunch of other parts say toyota, does that mean i am a ricer since my car is badged lexus?
Originally Posted by megamarine
Hell, what would be wrong with an SC becoming a drift car?
EPIC FAIL!!!!!!
Old 09-10-09, 10:11 AM
megamarine
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my glass, tail lights, engine and a bunch of other parts say toyota, does that mean i am a ricer since my car is badged lexus?

EPIC FAIL!!!!!!
Looks like you missed the big red barn from a foot away....

Are you as dumb as I think you are?

I might as well say it, and arguing against it just makes you look like a fool.

Lexus = Toyota...
Old 09-10-09, 10:16 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Yes Ryeno..we are trying to keep our SC away from cheap parts, and we have zero automotive knowledge..you, myself and INEEDANSC3 are the fall points of Lexus...we should bow down to mega and the all might darkling..

I think its time to find another forum...you guys with your cheap parts, false badges, and 20+ years of automotive bragging rights are destroying these forums and COMPLETELY missing the point of what the rest of us are trying to say..

Quick Reply: When is it okay to have a Soarer badge?