SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Retrofitted Projectors

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-09, 04:35 PM
sc-fsport
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Retrofitted Projectors

Whats up cL I have been searching on here and i found a few post on guys who have done retro fitment to the headlights but not an entire thread about us displaying our creations and full tutorials. Since i have my project that i have been working on (since july but my real J.O.B. come first) so now i have everything i need to finish and i am going to give everyone and insight on my (aTTempt). As of now i have my projectors that have just been fully modified (FX-R aka FX35) with a fair superior light output then most on the market! I went with the oem Nissan/Infiniti Ballast Matsushi Gen 3 but my only thing with that is i blew the ballast testing to see if it works! Well it did but now i have a new set on the way! Has anyone every taken one of these apart or ever try to fix em? Hmmmm? if so show me how! Oh yea i keep it simple with good old philips 4300k oem bulbs for that crisp clean look not over the top but tasteful and clean. So let me know what you think! SCYAL8R
Attached Thumbnails Retrofitted Projectors-pigtails.jpg   Retrofitted Projectors-igniter.jpg   Retrofitted Projectors-d2sphilps.jpg   Retrofitted Projectors-ballast.jpg  
Old 09-10-09, 08:16 PM
JKBHEAT
Driver

Have you actually fit the projectors into the headlight yet, or did you just finish gathering all the parts? They might work but I have a feeling that those projectors are going to be a tight fit in our headlights. Another thing is that even if they fit, your cutoff/beam might get distorted by the lens and general design of our headlights.

I just finished up my own project, so I talk from experience. Since the projector has to sit so far back (has to fit behind the chrome shroud), some of the light might get blocked on the inner part of the headlight. Also, if the projector is big and has to be placed low, the cutoff might get distorted by the bottom of the lens.

And even if it was possible, those ballasts aren't really worth trying to fix b/c they are potted (filled with black gooey stuff for water-proofing) on the inside. I've got a couple for sale if you need them.

If you haven't started yet keep those things in mind. Good Luck!

Last edited by JKBHEAT; 09-10-09 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-11-09, 03:00 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

If they are any bigger than RX330 projectors you'll be lucky to fit them. I have RX330 projectors in mine and they are a pig to make sit right.
Old 09-11-09, 07:12 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Good luck with the project, and keep us posted!
Old 09-11-09, 09:00 AM
sc-fsport
Pit Crew

Thanks for the support Fellas! i guess i will just have to see i am doing my first test mock up today and if it is indeed a little difficult i guess thats what fabrication is for! I am looking to doing this i just didnt want to have my headlights laying around my place so i will get them out tonight! I will definitely keep everyone in tune on with the project! First Headlight, tails, engine, Interior or Exterior who know im feeling it now!SCYAL8R!!!
Old 09-17-09, 04:06 PM
sc-fsport
Pit Crew

Hey cL i have been a lil busy lately i have some new pics of the build so far its pretty hard but i know it will be worth in the end!
Old 09-18-09, 05:56 PM
sc-fsport
Pit Crew

here is a little idea of what i have been up to!
Attached Thumbnails Retrofitted Projectors-compare.jpg   Retrofitted Projectors-compare2.jpg   Retrofitted Projectors-frnt.jpg   Retrofitted Projectors-oldpjtrs.jpg   Retrofitted Projectors-fxr.jpg  

Old 09-18-09, 06:01 PM
sc-fsport
Pit Crew

and so on! I have a shot of the cut off but its a little blurry i was aiming to find a good spot. so far the fabrication is pretty stringent but i like it!
Attached Thumbnails Retrofitted Projectors-inside.jpg   Retrofitted Projectors-inside2.jpg   Retrofitted Projectors-on.jpg   Retrofitted Projectors-mockup.jpg   Retrofitted Projectors-blur.jpg  

Old 09-19-09, 05:01 AM
sc-fsport
Pit Crew

up and @ em' again!
Old 10-02-09, 10:13 PM
TommySC300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice job.. are you have any update on this project?
Old 10-02-09, 10:29 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Definitely big difference..... There are quite a few retrofits out there its pretty hard to decide what to get. So far I'm pretty convinced with this guy that did the TSX retrofit.
Old 10-03-09, 03:54 PM
sc-fsport
Pit Crew

Yes cL its turning out to be more challenging, so far so good i just had to cut some spot out but no worries i think it turning out pretty good! i love the tsx retrofit and i know its easier but i wanted a bi xenon effect so i am going to show everyone what it will look like!
Old 10-04-09, 10:06 PM
Superjatt
Lexus Test Driver

whats retrofitted mean anyway
is there a difference?
Old 10-04-09, 11:11 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

you can think of it as a projector transplant...where you take projectors off another car and transplant it into your car.
Old 10-05-09, 06:01 PM
Superjatt
Lexus Test Driver

oo gotcha
thanks maang

Quick Reply: Retrofitted Projectors