SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Remember The Fallen

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-09, 09:54 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs up Remember The Fallen

I wanted to share a little story today as I arrived this morning at the fire station. As we did out regular pass on log, from what happened the shift before, we heard someone enter through the rear of the station. My captain got up and met this man coming down the hallway. As they both come back, toward the dayroom, the gentlemen had 2 boxes of Krispy Kreme doughnuts in his arms. He held them out and began to tell us that he was from originally from New York, and how TODAY played a vital role in his life. He said that he lost several of his friends and loved ones in the event of the twin towers. The doughnuts was a gentle way to say THANK YOU to ALL the firefighters everywhere. As he said this, his voice started to crack, and you can see eyes start to water. He shook all of our hands and he said thanks just more more time, and turned all walked out of the station. I have never met or saw this gentlemen before, but things like this, people just dont do hardly anymore. It hit me pretty hard, and made such an impact that I wanted to share this everyone on here. I know this has nothing to do with SC's, but sometimes you just want to tell a story..

I would like everyone to say a little prayer sometime today about what they are proud of and to watch over the troops wherever they go.

I am proud of my life, family, friends, job, and lastly, the ability to have freedom of speech. This couldnt be done without the help of our troops. Without us, nothing could be done... Jet NOISE, is the SOUND of FREEDOM! So remember today, and let us not FORGET!

If you have something to say, please say it!
Old 09-11-09, 10:31 AM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BOOST noise is the sound of freedom as well so I want everyone who's boosting to floor it today for our troops, and if your NA go ahead also heck..I'm NA and I already did this morning.

God Bless Our Troops at home and on abroad.
Old 09-11-09, 10:46 AM
BostonSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doin' my part.

I took this for a special reason.
Attached Thumbnails Remember The Fallen-me.jpg  
Old 09-11-09, 05:16 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Man, this almost brings tears to my eyes seeing a photo like this. Its one that I will never forget. I wanted to say thanks for sharing the photo. Some folks just dont understand what soldiers have to do to give US the ability to work on our cars, drive on the streets, and simply have the right to do just about anything. Thank you again fellow SC drivers! Let see how far we can keep this going!
Old 09-11-09, 05:33 PM
BostonSC4
Lexus Test Driver

no problem at all man i was considering making this a poster...

9/11 never forget @ the bottom
Old 09-11-09, 05:36 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I would absolutely make it a poster, then see how it would sell in the classified section.
Old 09-11-09, 08:32 PM
msc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

god bless all are fallen and those who still fight for our freedoms
Old 09-12-09, 01:11 AM
ahhyes300
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My father and I were just watching 911 stories on television at his house, and I described to him my visit to the makeshift ground zero memorial. Now you don't have to agree with this war or like it, Well who likes war, it's a terrible thing, but if you ever want to understand what our soldiers are fighting for, then you should visit this surreal city block of Manhattan...and you can't help but to start crying. It's silent. Nobody says a word.

I have nothing but respect for the United States military. May they all make it home to enjoy the peace that they are providing.
Old 09-12-09, 02:41 AM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The attacks of 9/11/01 is the very first thing I thought about this morning when I woke up,

This day always hits me pretty hard as it was the worst day in my life.
Just remember if you think your life is crappy it could be lots worse.

I really feel sorry for the surviving members of the familys that lost a loved one that day and even worse is the poor poor people who had to make the choice to jump to their certian death, Just wow.
Watching that happen live really felt like a punch in the gut.
Old 09-12-09, 02:44 AM
SC34M3
Advanced

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Man, this almost brings tears to my eyes seeing a photo like this. Its one that I will never forget. I wanted to say thanks for sharing the photo. Some folks just dont understand what soldiers have to do to give US the ability to work on our cars, drive on the streets, and simply have the right to do just about anything. Thank you again fellow SC drivers! Let see how far we can keep this going!
rip to the fallins.

but are you saying that these Muslims are taking away our freedoms? if so you are dead wrong. you want these people to really rest in peace you point the gun the other way. trust me. i wouldn't type this if i ithink i was 1% wrong.
Old 09-12-09, 02:58 AM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SC34M3
rip to the fallins.

but are you saying that these Muslims are taking away our freedoms? if so you are dead wrong. you want these people to really rest in peace you point the gun the other way. trust me. i wouldn't type this if i ithink i was 1% wrong.

No, not specifically 'Muslims' but anyone who attacks the U.S, they are threatening our way of life.
Old 09-12-09, 02:45 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I totally agree.. It doenst matter who or what, but ANYONE who attacks the American way of life. I dont want to start a religion arguement or anything of that nature. I was just simply telling a story about what happened this morning at the station and to remember all the fallen soldiers, firefighters, police, EMS and whoever helped out on this horrible day.
Old 09-12-09, 09:08 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SC34M3
rip to the fallins.

very ignorant indeed!