Old 09-14-09, 08:20 PM
Papajorgio
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More airflow under the hood?-cam-gear-pics-006.jpg

More airflow under the hood?-cam-gear-pics-007.jpg

More airflow under the hood?-cam-gear-pics-008.jpg

More airflow under the hood?-cam-gear-pics-009.jpg
i can feel my flex-a-lites suckin like crazy through the hole, ill give it a few days and see if temps go down, driver side high light almost done, not sure if im gonna put it in though, when i get the bumper and sides painted i might paint this as well, we'll see...

Last edited by Papajorgio; 09-14-09 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-14-09, 08:43 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that looks really great..thanks for the pics..I think its time to pull the light out and start cutting..I have the pvc and everything sitting here, just hesitant to do it..but that has inspired me 100%...

now, should I do both sides, or just 1?
Old 09-14-09, 09:18 PM
Papajorgio
Advanced

Originally Posted by turbodremz
that looks really great..thanks for the pics..I think its time to pull the light out and start cutting..I have the pvc and everything sitting here, just hesitant to do it..but that has inspired me 100%...

now, should I do both sides, or just 1?
haha that is the question, well i already started the driver side so i guess ill be the guinea pig, but the only thing i have to watch for is the angle of the pvc, i didnt make them both at the same time so the tubes might look funny if i get them off a little bit, i might even take the pass, side off again just to be sure, but if your only gonna do one side then youll be fine, just make sure that you dont angle the tube the same angle that the lens is at, because the tube will aim almost straight down when you install it
Old 09-15-09, 02:36 AM
Jay-Balrog
Driver

definitely paint the highbeam housing if you do that vent mod...would look very sick. agressive but clean
Old 09-15-09, 08:13 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think if I'm going to do both i will shape the end of the pvc to the lenses to try and keep them as even as possible..and more than likely make them side by side at the same time.

sueno, you have done an excellent job with this. Thanks for taking the time and posting the pics. I should be staring on mine soon.
Old 09-28-09, 06:55 PM
Papajorgio
Advanced

well here she is, now for a paint job
More airflow under the hood?-cam-gear-pics-003.jpg

More airflow under the hood?-cam-gear-pics-004.jpg

More airflow under the hood?-cam-gear-pics-005.jpg

sorry it took so long and for the semi bad quality pics, but hopefully you get the idea, but turbodremz did you ever get around to finishing yours, i would like to see your take on the same idea
Old 09-28-09, 10:05 PM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

That looks awesome!
Old 09-29-09, 07:40 AM
sc4demon
Lexus Test Driver

nice i like your take on the high beams....I have a question..I've got an intake w/o a heat sheild and when i first installed it the intake was great and sometimes sounded alike to a bov but now after 3 months I lost that sound and I feel it was a lot meaner before and it feels a bit of power loss..I didn't put in the heat shield b/c it couldn't fit and i had to cut it but didn't have the tools. Do you think if I put a heat shield in now I will gain my power back or is it too late?
Old 09-29-09, 11:33 AM
Papajorgio
Advanced

Originally Posted by sc4demon
nice i like your take on the high beams....I have a question..I've got an intake w/o a heat sheild and when i first installed it the intake was great and sometimes sounded alike to a bov but now after 3 months I lost that sound and I feel it was a lot meaner before and it feels a bit of power loss..I didn't put in the heat shield b/c it couldn't fit and i had to cut it but didn't have the tools. Do you think if I put a heat shield in now I will gain my power back or is it too late?
i dont think the heat shield is going to make to much if any difference at all, but are you sure your not just getting used to the way it feels, thats a problem i have with every mod i do, once i get used to the new found performance it feels slow again, when in actuality its still fast i just adapted, if not maybe you need a tuneup other then that im not sure, GL though
Old 09-30-09, 10:54 AM
KingSoarer
Pole Position

Just a word of caution to anyone thinking of spacing out the rear of the hood. My friend did this on his S15 drift car, anyway whilst driving it on the street he had a slow head on collision traveling around 30km/hr with the other car going 30km/hr aswell. Anyway because the hood was spaced it smashed into the windscreen. Luckily the speed wasnt that fast however he said and i saw the car after words that the hood was on a perfect angle to cut both his and his girlfriend head off if they were going fast enough and the bonnet went through the windscreen. Pretty scary thought and so i wouldnt advise anyone to go this pathway, way to dangerous.
Old 10-01-09, 12:54 AM
Papajorgio
Advanced

Originally Posted by KingSoarer
Just a word of caution to anyone thinking of spacing out the rear of the hood. My friend did this on his S15 drift car, anyway whilst driving it on the street he had a slow head on collision traveling around 30km/hr with the other car going 30km/hr aswell. Anyway because the hood was spaced it smashed into the windscreen. Luckily the speed wasnt that fast however he said and i saw the car after words that the hood was on a perfect angle to cut both his and his girlfriend head off if they were going fast enough and the bonnet went through the windscreen. Pretty scary thought and so i wouldnt advise anyone to go this pathway, way to dangerous.
dang thats good to know, glad that didnt happen to me when i love tapped my corolla... if i had a passenger i dont think the hood would have been the problem though,...
Attached Thumbnails More airflow under the hood?-corolla-te72..jpeg   More airflow under the hood?-corolla-te72.jpeg  

Last edited by Papajorgio; 10-01-09 at 01:12 AM.
Old 10-01-09, 09:34 AM
KingSoarer
Pole Position

Yeah that would have been the least of the passengers worries, they would have had 1/4 of a second to think how they could compress themselves into the size of a tennis ball to live through that

Yeah the hood actually smashed into the window was wasnt enough energy for it to penetrate it. Here are some pics i digged up, note that the two spider cracks are from his head and girlfriends head hitting the windscreen and you can see the cracks on the windscreen where the spaced up hood hit it.

Also didnt help that the hood was carbon fibre and didnt bend like metal would.
Old 10-01-09, 11:00 AM
KingSoarer
Pole Position

Oh yeah forgot to say bye bye GT-C's
Old 10-01-09, 12:39 PM
Papajorgio
Advanced

damn what devastation, glad everyone got out of that one,