SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My first sc! *pix*

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-09, 05:26 PM
saurah
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fliptrix
Nice nice. Getting straight to work I see! What coils have you gone with?
Ohlins.

Originally Posted by BazookaCat
Okay, I'm going to be brutally honest here and not kiss butt like the other dudes that have responded so far to this thread...

+1 for...

1) 5 speed manual

2) The good condition that it's in.

3) The bluish green glow that your Climate Control,Radio and **** back lighting give off.

-1 for...

1) Getting a Zenki ('92-'94) model...
A) No glass high-beams
B) No foglights
C) Hideous looking tailights
D) No 2nd interior cup holder either

2) Having a phone connection, but no phone. (Just takes up space in your arm rest container)
Damn, in that case I guess I should scrap my entire car!

LOL! I know, But that's what BazookaCat (me) is all about, That's why I think Zenki models ('92-'94) fail...hard...Then after that, we have all these Zenki-owning,noob yoohus posting multiple threads as to why they can't find their foglight switch or can't turn on their so-called "Foglights"

Can I get an amen?
I'll be one of those n00bz one day.
Old 09-24-09, 05:43 PM
BazookaCat
Rookie

Originally Posted by saurah
Damn, in that case I guess I should scrap my entire car!

Don't do that, It's a manual transmission...That's one of the things saving grace on the car....besides, You can always upgrade to '95-'96 tailights,'95-'00 glass highbeams,get a 2nd cup holder and always convert your cornering lights into "fake" foglights someday. LOL!
Old 09-24-09, 05:48 PM
saurah
Pole Position

Don't do that, It's a manual transmission...That's one of the things saving grace on the car....besides, You can always upgrade to '95-'96 tailights,'95-'00 glass highbeams,get a 2nd cup holder and always convert your cornering lights into "fake" foglights someday. LOL!

I have an idea for some tail lights, because I do agree with you, they are fugly.

Whenever I get in my car from now on, I'm going to think about that second cup holder I never had...
Old 09-24-09, 08:56 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

all SC are the same congrats, build it right and you'll be str8....(A hottie with an SC nice)....LoL
Old 09-24-09, 09:36 PM
skizzals
Pole Position

LOL! I know, But that's what BazookaCat (me) is all about, That's why I think Zenki models ('92-'94) fail...hard...Then after that, we have all these Zenki-owning,noob yoohus posting multiple threads as to why they can't find their foglight switch or can't turn on their so-called "Foglights"

Can I get an amen?
Skizzals(me) thinks that you need to relax.
everyone has their own taste i have a 94 model myself and i love it
im not worried about how to mod my car so others can like wtf its mine not theirs!
also im not trying to disrespect you in any way im just saying. . . . .
1 thing i do agree is that not alot of new sc members use the search function but o well what are you gonna do
Old 09-24-09, 10:13 PM
scfocus
Pole Position

Okay, I'm going to be brutally honest here and not kiss butt like the other dudes that have responded so far to this thread...

+1 for...

1) 5 speed manual

2) The good condition that it's in.

3) The bluish green glow that your Climate Control,Radio and **** back lighting give off.

-1 for...

1) Getting a Zenki ('92-'94) model...
A) No glass high-beams
B) No foglights
C) Hideous looking tailights
D) No 2nd interior cup holder either

2) Having a phone connection, but no phone. (Just takes up space in your arm rest container)
-1 on you for having a heavier car
Old 09-24-09, 10:26 PM
klepto2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by vinh
people always buy sc's to use as their daily's. Then they go ***** to the walls on the SC haha. Being a part of clublexus also isn't going to help your wallet at all either haha.

Nice find and enjoy it
That is so true
Old 09-24-09, 11:54 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

You should check out the southwest section forum, we have a few SC owners here from the east valley and we do meets every now and then.
Old 09-25-09, 05:49 PM
saurah
Pole Position

So I did the whole Leatherique thing. I let the product sit for about 48 hours, and parked the car outside in the sun so it would get that "sauna effect" the instructions mention. I'm not too excited about the results. I guess it did make the leather a bit softer, but it didn't do all I expected it to. Maybe my leather was a little more damaged, and needs some more TLC.
But I also did my bf's g35 drivers seat, and it did make a improvement. It looks a lot better!

Before:

After:

Oh, and does anyone have any recommendations on where to find wheels? I've been stocking Zilvia, searching ebay, and keeping tabs on rbmotoring.
I'm looking for like 18's, maybe 19's with LOW OFFSETS. ABC, Weds, Works, Vienna... yada yada. Thx. <3
Old 09-25-09, 05:57 PM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^RBWheels.com
also, try Zymol leather cleaner... my recommendation.
Old 09-25-09, 06:18 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*rbmotoring runs rb wheels.

It looks like your seats are actually dirty, might want to get something that cleans the leather, as 96SC4 said.

-1 on the bf.

lol j/k. Great choice on Ohlins, did you pick them up from RB?
I talked him down to $900 a while ago, but then decided that I was definitely not keeping my SC... So didn't pull the trigger. GL w/everything. There's a ClubLexus wheels classified btw- sometimes some good stuff there..
Old 09-25-09, 06:28 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

hit up 1khpwrx. I believe he is selling some AME's in the fitment you're looking for. I forget the specs but i think its something like 18x9.5 18x10.5 +0 or something around that range.
Old 09-25-09, 06:40 PM
Black Fire
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
*rbmotoring runs rb wheels.

It looks like your seats are actually dirty, might want to get something that cleans the leather, as 96SC4 said.

-1 on the bf.

lol j/k. Great choice on Ohlins, did you pick them up from RB?
I talked him down to $900 a while ago, but then decided that I was definitely not keeping my SC... So didn't pull the trigger. GL w/everything. There's a ClubLexus wheels classified btw- sometimes some good stuff there..

+1 on the -1.
Old 09-29-09, 02:20 PM
saurah
Pole Position

Well I got my Ohlins yesterday, from RB motoring. Bad news! They're stripped. Yes, stripped, as in the collars on one of the fronts can't be moved. And one of the adjustment ***** on the rears are broken.
RB Motoring fail. The people are nice enough and have offered me a full refund, including shipping. I'm just sad no one noticed two MAJOR problems.

No coilovers for me.
Old 09-29-09, 02:42 PM
HellFish
Lexus Test Driver

damn im sorry to hear that. ohlins would have been baller on the car. RB has had a terrible rep, so i would never buy from them. but im glad they honored it and are refunding your dough. good luck to ya.

Quick Reply: My first sc! *pix*