SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

2JZ-GTE Vs. 1UZ-FE

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-02, 10:26 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anthracite, Mo has never been able to get that GS to run right, don't believe them when every other sentence they say includes '...the SRT 800hp GS'. Oh, and Clint's car is headed way past 700rwhp, watch and see. There will probably never be a race between Mo and Clint, but if there is, i'll put big money on Clint, unless Mo gets at least 10 cars and the leave. We've had this discussion a hundred times, turbo is mo' betta...

P.S. - Bean, his full name is Mohammed Chowdhurry, he's a nice guy, but the only tuner I know that pushed over 2 bar into a 1UZ with stock head gaskets. Scary.
Attached Thumbnails 2JZ-GTE Vs. 1UZ-FE-srt-gs4-motor-ati-procharger.jpg  

Last edited by Lex Luthor; 04-23-02 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-23-02, 10:39 AM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally posted by Bean
very doubtful

I hear that SRT keeps blowing up EVERY motor they put the big blower on

there are no SRT cars running around with 700 flywheel horsepower reliably... they all blow up; thats why the setup is not available

Clint's old car made 765rwhp... this one should make a good bit more; SW runs a T72 and ran mid 9s @ 153mph; Clint has a bigger turbo

765rwhp equates to 900bhp

the race between Clint's new SC3 and Mo's GS4 would be a joke imo not that I don't like GS4s; I just don't like the idea to go against the grain for no other reason than to just go against the grain; both motors are perfect for turbocharging; and turbos are so much better than centrifugal blowers in every way if Mo (that's his name right? never met the guy) had spent as much time on a TT kit for the 1uz as he did on a SC car; he'd have something...

Your absolutely right, for the money the spent on he GS(like $66k+ total) he could have spent that money to Twin Turbo the 400 and make bigger, more reliable hp
Old 04-23-02, 11:26 AM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some objective observations

First off, before I begin, I'm a BIG fan of Muhammad AND Clint.
Always have. I've corresponded w/both guys over a couple years in this forum.

Both of them are great guys and both have great cars.

Regarding Mo's swift GS400 1uz-fe(the guy, the engine, the reliability of supercharging):

Maybe you guys know more than I do, but from what I remember, they only damaged his engine once, and it was NOT from the boost of the supercharger. It was actually something else..that I can't divulge, just out of respect to Mo and his company.

All the people I've met who've been his customer have been happy. I got a torque converter through them a year or so back and I've been happy w/that. He's a cool guy and knows his stuff too. He's shown his car's speed too. The earlier version was 700hp and pulling 12s

I think the 60K spent on his car as a supercharged car as opposed to a turbo car, IMO, is justifiable because it's never been done before.

No one has supercharged a street car 1uz-fe attempting that kind of horsepower, so a lot of that cost is probably for a one off project(R&D, custom parts..etc).

Regarding Clint's turbo imports 2jz-gte Sc300(the guy, the engine, the reliability of turbocharging):

I think Clint's engine is a work of art. Engineering precision at least! Lots of custom stuff in here too. Stuff I'm not even qualfied to comment on. Just from the picts..looks awesome.

Clint seems to walk the walk and backs up everything he's done. His cars make big hp and he provides proof of em. Very solid.

In terms of cost, many people have worked on the 2JZ-GTE engine to turbo, so I would assume the cost to take on such a project is not really a one off, and should be a lil more cost effective than working on the 1uz-fe. Clint, if you are reading this...is your engine in the 60K range for cost of all that customization?

IT does seem to be the case that the turbo cars easily put up bigger horsepower numbers.

As far as reliablity...
Also, his older 725rwhp car broke a couple driveshafts, even a carbon fiber one. I think when you are putting that kind of HP in any form of forced induction, thinks could break. =)

I think that car was doing 12s too. It was a pretty even match back then between Mo and Clint's cars

Conclusion on their cars (turbo, sc) and my old dog:

I really like both methods of forced induction.
I just don't know where to go w/an old 1uz-fe and a limited budget to do anything w/it. I would like to supercharge, but I have no money.

There's not turbo kit, in the same price range as the supercharger, and I don't want to swap engines for a supra engine.

If I had an Sc3, the decision would be much easier
I'm still torn to scrap improving this car and getting an newer one. I'm still contemplating swapping for a newer vvti-300hp 1uz-fe engine(delaying my decision)

These are the age old questions I guess.

I just really like BOTH of their cars.
IF you look at pictures of both cars and their installs..they are VERY clean, and very well done quality wise..(at least from what I can tell). I've seen other forced induction cars that look almost duct taped together. These two cars look like they incorporate the best of the best products in each.

I just have a feeling both of them are going to be putting out crazy numbers again..and I'm hoping they could meet one day and settle it. (Ali vs Frasier in Lexus duds!)

So interms of reliability, I think any BIG horsepower will cause reliablity issues, (broken driveshafts, blown engines..etc).

OKay..I'll stop rambling now.
Old 04-23-02, 02:57 PM
healerhand
Lead Lap

Looks like that GS400 have a ATI supercharger. Anyone know his email by any chance.
Old 04-23-02, 03:00 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default that's their old supercharger

Healerhand.

That's the old ATI supercharger in the 700hp swift-racing car.

They now make their own much smaller and SILENT geared supercharger from swift-racing.

go to www.swift-racing.com. Their number is on there.
Old 04-23-02, 03:15 PM
healerhand
Lead Lap

New ATI blowers are self contained. No oil drilling. better inpeller design.
Old 04-23-02, 03:18 PM
healerhand
Lead Lap

something wrong with the link
Old 04-23-02, 03:19 PM
healerhand
Lead Lap

back to the SC and TT issue. It not how much the blower can produce, rather how much can the engine handle.
Old 04-23-02, 03:21 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default swiftracing.com

Sorry..I added the hyphen by accident.

Yeah, they use their own swiftracing supercharger.

Call them up

They also on this forum too.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/for...?forumid=54&s=
Old 04-23-02, 03:30 PM
healerhand
Lead Lap

I think the SRT superchargers are over priced. Stage III is over $9000. I can have the whole kit done one less than $8,000. Boost? As much as you want.
Old 04-23-02, 03:46 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default well...

Their stage 3 is including engine work and transmission work....building up the engine and transmission to handle the boost. Can you do that 8K too?

If so, let's talk. Also their supercharger is SILENT. no whining noise. Is the ATI one silent?
Old 04-23-02, 04:28 PM
healerhand
Lead Lap

If SRT superchargers are silent, then they must use internal belt driven. An example of silent SC/ belt driven would be Powerdyne Supercharger. Its nice and quiet, but the belt break all the time. I have used ATI for years. My last blower (P600B) had 60k miles without any problems before i upgraded to F1SC.

I didnt know SRT Stage III include engine and tranny work. If 1UZ can handle 800 rwhp, why are we messing with it? Self Contained SC are very easy to work with. No oil is needed.
Old 04-23-02, 04:37 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default silent GEAR supercharger

Yeah, you mentioned the self contained no oil thing a couple times.

The supercharger I was told is silent gear...no belts...

What's an F1SC?
Do you run an intercooler?
Old 04-23-02, 05:07 PM
healerhand
Lead Lap

SC runs off belt driven. I am talking about internal gearing of the supercharger. Powerdyne have internal belt (belt within the sc head unit). Others are gear driven.

F1SC? The latest blower from ATI. I has 1550 CFM and max out 36 psi. CFM wise, its about the flow rate of T76 turbo. I just talked my hi-pro mechanic about sc my LS (1UZ). I told him that he can use my car for R&D.

I told him that i want the kit to be ease of installation and safe to run. Intercooler? Yes i have.
Attached Thumbnails 2JZ-GTE Vs. 1UZ-FE-svt-lf.jpg  
Old 04-23-02, 05:08 PM
healerhand
Lead Lap

F1SC
Attached Thumbnails 2JZ-GTE Vs. 1UZ-FE-f1-right.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2JZ-GTE Vs. 1UZ-FE