SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Anyone Engine Flush? (Pagin' Lex Luthor)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-02, 07:57 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Anyone Engine Flush? (Pagin' Lex Luthor)

Does anyone here flush their engine?

(Lex Luthor I heard you talk about flushing your engine)

Does it run cleaner afterwards? Is it worth it? What brand do you use? Do you do it when you change your oil?

Where do babies come from? Why Am I here? J/K on last 2... sorry for all the Qs!

Just a little curious.

George...

I mean.... John
Old 04-22-02, 09:43 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem...i think.
I hear a constant "water-flushing-noise" whenever I step on the accelerator. I went to the dealer to check it out, and they said the problem had to do with the thermostat which somehow regulates the flow of the coolent to the engine. I had it replaced a month ago, but the problem still persists. I hate the Lexus dealer...don't know ***** but asks for *****load of money.
Old 04-23-02, 08:07 AM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Chrono, that's the question I was asking, but that's ok

There's a way in intentionally flush & clean out the internals of your engine. Lex Luthor talked about it once.

I've seen @ AutoZone this "engine flush" that you add to your old oil, run the engine for 5 mins. then change the oil. Presto... engine flush. Is this good or bad?

John
Old 04-23-02, 09:23 AM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

engine flush is not injector flush right?

does injector flush have to do when changing oil as well? sorry i'm lil confused..
Old 04-23-02, 09:53 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Question "a constant 'water-flushing-noise' when stepping on the accelerator"??? WHAT?????

Taka and John, I am suprised at you both for letting that slip by without any comment!

I have been in a lot of cars, and I have been in a lot of toilets and I've NEVER heard any similar sounds betweeen the two!

Taka- oil flush is a solvent that you mix with the oil to temporarily run through the engine- the solvent loosens and dissolves any deposits throughout the crankcase. Back in the days when I read Popular Mechanics, I recall them saying that modern oils have detergent qualities that should keep a well-maintained engine clean, so flushes aren't necessary. Besides, the solvent thins the oil so it loses some of its lubricating viscosity.

There's also radiator flush- now that's not a bad idea if your plumbing is gunked up, but most modern engines if well-maintained do not blah blah blah...you know the rest.

Certain radiator flushes are acidic, so you gotta follow the directions closely and fully flush the flush out . Don't do what my sis did with her Gremlin and leave it in, otherwise you WILL hear a flushing noise when it eats through the system and all the coolant gushes out!
Old 04-23-02, 10:09 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Sup John. Any time I buy a car used, I use a can of motor flush (like the stuff at AutoZone, Pep Boys, etc) with the first oil change. Perry is right, it does affect the viscosity, so I perform the next oil change sooner than the required interval, and go back to regular intervals after that. You'll know if you needed it or not by how the oil looks when you drain it after the flush. Again, Perry is right, you may not need it at all, but for the buck or two that it costs, it's worth it to me. Backflushing the cooling system is always a good idea, as is cleaning the injectors. Let me know if you need more info on any of this. Why are you here? Dunno, but I was put on this Earth to make horsepower...As far as where babies come from, I asked my friend's daughter if she knew, she said that the man has sperm, and the woman has an egg, and the sperm meets the egg and a baby is made. I asked her if she knew how the sperm meets the egg, she said.....'does the woman pee on the man?'......I told her sometimes, but that's $35 extra.
- Jon

Last edited by Lex Luthor; 04-23-02 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-23-02, 12:57 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

"$35 extra"

LOL.... Only you Lex... only you...
Old 04-26-02, 10:55 PM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

my friend works at Toyota dealer, and he told me he has Bilstein R-2000 Engine Flush System. Should I ask him to flush engine?
I heard engine flush causes leak on high mileages engine (mine is high) but does this R-2000 do same thing?