New Club Lexus Member...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-02, 06:54 AM
Marcus Frost
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Club Lexus Member...

Hello everyone,

Some of you may know me from other forums (most likely supraforums). I just bought a white/tan '93 SC300 5-speed last night. Loving every minute of it. I've been looking for one as a daily driver and finally came across one locally.

I hope to contribute all that I can to the forum as well as learn some new things.

Regards,

-m
Old 04-23-02, 08:47 AM
SDSC300
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome... nice supra
Old 04-23-02, 09:07 AM
Static911

Ditto!

Ethan
Old 04-23-02, 09:36 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by SDSC300
welcome... nice supra
What he said!!!
Old 04-23-02, 10:13 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Sup Marcus, welcome to CL, enjoy the new toy. Got any timeslips with that Supra?
Old 04-23-02, 10:54 AM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Thumbs up

Welcome - props on the ride.
Old 04-23-02, 12:30 PM
Marcus Frost
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the warm response guys. The Supra is definitely a fun car... but no where near as comfy as the SC. I've been driving it around all day and man, this car rocks. I love the 5-speed... butter smooth.

Lex: No timeslips with her yet... she's running pretty rich with the new 860cc injectors... I'm waiting on the AEM ECU and a built-in wideband O2 sensor to tune with until taking her to the track. I'm not a big drag racer (at least, not anymore) so I'm not in any hurry to do so.

Few questions (I tried searching, didn't come up with much)...

Who do you guys order most of your OEM Lexus parts from?

Who do you order your performance products from (I realize most SC300 performance things are interchangable with N/A Supras, but in case there was someone who specialized in SC300s...)

Thanks,

-m

Last edited by Marcus Frost; 04-23-02 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-23-02, 01:01 PM
LexFather

Welcome, beatiful Supra!
Old 04-23-02, 02:11 PM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to CL bro.

To answer your questions (or to try to at least):
I'm not quite sure where most r getting OEM parts from now, but i know that a while ago, people were getting most of their stuff from Steve (i think thats right) from Carson Toyota. What ever happened to him?????
For performance, Toyomoto is very good (from what i have heard) and the specialize in SC3's. Try doing a search on a specific performance part that u would like and see if anything turns up.

Again, welcome to CL....U r now part of THE FAMILY

BTW:U HAVE MY DREAM CAR.......SUPRA
Old 04-23-02, 03:07 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Welcome to the club... that's one of the slickest looking Supras I've seen!! Now she has a sister . I'm sure with your Supra experience, you'll be another asset to all the SC300 tuners in here. Are you going to mod your 5-speed SC3? You know you can make them extremely quick

Carson's Toyota is the best place for OEM according to many people's experiences here (I've never dealt with them). Ask for Steve Ganz and you'll get hooked up.
Old 04-23-02, 03:11 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default Welcome Marcus

Hey Marcus

Nice Supra. Here's what your SC3 could turn into as well. Probably will rival your supra! =)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=45244
Old 04-23-02, 06:36 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome to the forums Marcus!

How's that T04R working out for ya? I was looking into one for my SC...

SR
Old 04-24-02, 07:04 AM
Marcus Frost
Driver School Candidate

Thanks again everyone. Now to answer some of your questions...

I'm probably not going to mod my SC... but who knows, being the car freak I am I will not promise anything. It wouldn't be anything crazy though, I don't want to start breaking things on a car I drive every day. Clint's last SC was going through driveshafts like most of us go through oil filters. Nothing against Clint of course, his cars are awesome.

In regards to the T04R, the numbers speak for themselves. For a 66mm turbo (comparable to the Turbonetics T66, or the GReddy T78), it is making 730rwhp - and that was without nitrous on 720cc injectors running @ max duty cycle. Preliminary dynos on the new 860cc injectors show the car was 693rwhp @ 5300 rpm (let off @ that rpm), versus ~630rwhp on the 720ccs. Once I get the AEM ECU and FJO wideband o2 sensor I'm going to raise my rev limiter to 7250rpm, lean her out a bit, and hit the dyno. With another 2000rpm from the 693rwhp, I should get some killer #s. We shall see.

If that isn't a testament to the quality and capabilities of HKS products (almost everything major in my car performance wise is HKS... cams, turbo, manifold, wastegate, exhaust, fuel rail...) I don't know what is.

The only downside would be, of course, cost. HKS Turbos and parts in general are not cheap. I suppose that just reinforces the old cliche... you've got to pay to play. Although prices from HKS are pretty high now, so you may want to consider other options which may be more cost effective.

Hope this helps. I think the alternator on the SC is in need of replacement, and she could use some new pads and rotors. I've read TRD rotors for the GS fit the SC? I'll probably get some EBC Green Stuff pads as well.

Regards,

-m
Old 04-24-02, 07:49 AM
Camshaft
Lead Lap

Welcome, you now have the best of both worlds. Don't you just love driving it around for the first few days, trying to figure out the gadgets, trying to get the seat just right and then set it for good....
Old 04-24-02, 08:33 AM
MCL
Rookie

Welcome Marcus,

I to have just recently picked up a SC 300 for my daily driver, so I decided to join CL. I know what you mean about the Lexus's though. I love my supra, but I haven't driven anything as comfortable as the SC. It almost makes me want to do somthing like Clint. Anyway, nice to have you on this forum also along with supraforums.

p.s. You supra is so nice. Love the TRD hood.

MCL

Last edited by MCL; 04-24-02 at 08:34 AM.

Quick Reply: New Club Lexus Member...