Clear headlight lens feeler thread - GB coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-09, 03:47 PM
Rides Low
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZMEGOBY
yea this is what I was waiting for...

I think you are running into a couple reasons why. The biggest is the 2 other group buys that crashed and burned. Even after he got a set in and was showing them. Then something happened to the mold and many many people sent in money and it took forever to get it back.

Second, is it different for people to put the money on the table than just send you a yea I will do it. (This is what Scott was talking about)

Third I think the cutting is really turning people off as they are not sure of their "skill" level.

I like them a lot. It is just a timing thing for me really. I am finishing up putting the car back together this week hopefully. When it is running I will then buy a used set of headlights and then will order a set of these so I can do a retro HID system. (However I did not put my name on the list ) Also a savings of $25 is not making me rush.

Just wanted to provide you some replies. I think you guys did a great job and not taking one ounce away from you guys. When I am ready you will have my money.
Originally Posted by raine
Agreed, because it's not a "true" lense replacement (where you remove the factory lense completely and the new one pops right in with perfect fitment) it might be causing many people to question if they can do this mod - since technically it's a mod, not a straight replacement lense. If someone isn't comfortable with cutting their factory lense, or is wondering what if they cut it wrong etc. they're out "under $200" and have a cut up OEM headlamp.
I appreciate the comments, no doubt about that. I am hoping that enough members will get in so that the GB can get going - have some positive feedback and good reviews about installation.

I know many are weary about the whole process (and especially the money part of it), but rest assured, I am backed, not on the verge of going bankrupt (not knocking anyone), and not out to take people's hard earned money. I am trying my best to make a name for providing a quality product.
Old 10-27-09, 04:20 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Rides Low
I appreciate the comments, no doubt about that. I am hoping that enough members will get in so that the GB can get going - have some positive feedback and good reviews about installation.

I know many are weary about the whole process (and especially the money part of it), but rest assured, I am backed, not on the verge of going bankrupt (not knocking anyone), and not out to take people's hard earned money. I am trying my best to make a name for providing a quality product.
Good to see someone who takes feedback/comments and doesn't get all butturt if they question anything

Just an idea... what about starting with a run of say, 10-20 sets - ready to ship, photographed showing that they exist (not like "made to order")? If you showed 10 sets (pairs) boxed and ready to ship - basically finished products - I bet you'd get a lot more legit (serious) buyers with money ready.**

I'm surprised... the whole "clear headlamp" thing has been lingering for a long time and yet the only alternative to overpriced JDM stuff is those ugly Ebay projectors... it's not like it's a performance item where there are proven brands and "for show" stuff, it's a formed piece of plastic =)

** keeping an eye on this thread, I have a new idea and I want to make some new lamps but I'm not buying overseas units again, not for that price =)
Old 10-27-09, 05:19 PM
snook
Racer

make it all one piece no cutting and gluing I wouldnt ever do that.

At that point I would just sand the inside of mine and your market is gone.

make a nice quality glass whole version for 200 bucks and you are set
Old 10-27-09, 09:20 PM
1jztts
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, the cutting if putting me off.
I can do it but I am skeptical, I will buy a set for sure when theres more reviews
Old 10-27-09, 09:27 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

how about this, what if we offered a service to cut the oem lens and put on the new "Rides Low" lens?
Old 10-27-09, 10:55 PM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
how about this, what if we offered a service to cut the oem lens and put on the new "Rides Low" lens?
if you guys did this, these would sell like hotcakes....
Old 10-28-09, 03:13 AM
Chawk60
Pole Position

LiCelsior/RidesLow - a 'service' to do the mod is a potential solution, depending on the cost. I'd assume volume is the way you expect to make $ here vice price.
I cannot speak for the group, but in my case everything has a finite value. I applaud you and Rides Low for even attempting aftermarket parts for a vehicle that has been out of production for nine years. In fact, I am currently doing a mod that requires clear lenses to work, but...(no reflection on you) a DIY mod with a decent chance for screwing up (the cutting, resealing, etc) which costs $175, it takes a bit of the edge off. The lens looks awesome and you've taken alot of time and effort to get where you are. For this alone CL should support you, but I am only stating the reason for my own hesitance.

Thank you for making a product for our beloved cars.
Old 10-28-09, 08:19 AM
Rides Low
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Chawk60
LiCelsior/RidesLow - a 'service' to do the mod is a potential solution, depending on the cost. I'd assume volume is the way you expect to make $ here vice price.
I cannot speak for the group, but in my case everything has a finite value. I applaud you and Rides Low for even attempting aftermarket parts for a vehicle that has been out of production for nine years. In fact, I am currently doing a mod that requires clear lenses to work, but...(no reflection on you) a DIY mod with a decent chance for screwing up (the cutting, resealing, etc) which costs $175, it takes a bit of the edge off. The lens looks awesome and you've taken alot of time and effort to get where you are. For this alone CL should support you, but I am only stating the reason for my own hesitance.

Thank you for making a product for our beloved cars.
I would love to offer a service to retro fit these lenses, but w/ shipping cost included, it could definitely turn in to a pretty big expense. We will try to determine a "fair" price for all and get it done. I would like try start off with local buyers first, then potentially move on to shipping services.

Chris
Old 10-28-09, 08:33 PM
Rides Low
Former Sponsor

I will be having 10 pairs coming in by November 15th. Hopefully the reviews from the GB people and the locals who will mod their lenses will spur on additional sales.

Chris
Old 10-28-09, 08:34 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

also any locals that are interested in getting these pm either Rides Low or I. there are already 2-3 called for locally i believe.
Old 10-28-09, 11:47 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

just one question, When and where do i pay and when do i get my lenses? LOL!
Old 10-29-09, 12:09 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

go to the vendor section for payment and arrival info or a cple posts above there is the link.
Old 10-29-09, 01:00 AM
matttai
Driver School Candidate

group buy post is here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...ml#post4954683

time to put your money where your mouth is people!
Old 10-29-09, 01:15 AM
Slade
Pole Position

Not to be a *****, but I'm going to wait for a few people to get them and try them out and see the results. I'm not going to order until I see some good results. I don't want to see new lenses turning yellow after a couple weeks in the sun. After all plastic is plastic.
Old 10-29-09, 01:28 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

do we decide if it has the eye liner around it or do they all have the black eye liner? have you done strength testing on these? i have money sitting aside in my pay pal waiting for these just waiting for good results..

Quick Reply: Clear headlight lens feeler thread - GB coming soon