SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My 1995 Buildup Thread w/ pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-09, 10:06 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got a lot of work done today. Boy was getting the harness to fit a PITA. I barely got it to fit without getting the ecu wiring. Also the heater hoses are a real pain if you didnt do them while the motor was out like I did =\.

Other than that its just piecing stuff together and doing little things here and there. All I have left is to throw some tranny and diff fluid in, install the shifter assembly (Do youself a favor and remove this when putting a motor in or out...it makes like 10x easier), and shes ready to fire up!

Also I had a question for a plug located next to the battery. there are two connectors that sit right behind of the battery, one fits fine but the other one is totally different and has a total of 5 wires while the plug thats on my car has only 3. Any suggestions?
Old 11-09-09, 09:24 AM
grhed1jz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Man, nice build. Looks to be going very well. Thanks for the awesome posts, these are helping lots of people all over the place(int, sus, eng.....)

I got a question about those LCAs. You installed the MKIV supra LCAs i see. Do you know if they have the same geometry? Are you still running the stock SC steering knuckles? My pass side ball joint is bad and im looking to replace just that side for now, so i need to know if the sc LCA and the MKIV supra LCA are the same?

I have a 93 400 with a 1jzgte and a w58. Glad to see one more of us! THANKS MAN!
Old 11-09-09, 09:36 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great build, see you work a lot at night, good effort, we appreciate the pics !!
Old 11-09-09, 09:40 AM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by grhed1jz
Hey Man, nice build. Looks to be going very well. Thanks for the awesome posts, these are helping lots of people all over the place(int, sus, eng.....)

I got a question about those LCAs. You installed the MKIV supra LCAs i see. Do you know if they have the same geometry? Are you still running the stock SC steering knuckles? My pass side ball joint is bad and im looking to replace just that side for now, so i need to know if the sc LCA and the MKIV supra LCA are the same?

I have a 93 400 with a 1jzgte and a w58. Glad to see one more of us! THANKS MAN!
Im not 1 of you guys yet..it hasn't started yet! Hopefully i'll fire her up tonight and see what I got myself into

As for the Arms. The supra LCA's have the same geometry but the bushings are stiffer and not hollow like the SC's are. If your ball joint is out, the supra LCA is defiantly the way to go. Its about half the price as the LCA from Lexus and its an upgrade in performance....a no brainier for me.

Originally Posted by tromly
Great build, see you work a lot at night, good effort, we appreciate the pics !!
Ya its alot cooler over here at night. But the past copule days I've started around noonish and worked till about 11ish

I keep telling myself it will all be worth it when shes up and running. We will see....
Old 11-09-09, 09:49 AM
grhed1jz
Driver School Candidate

Sweet so what do i have to do for the bushings? Do they fit the sc or will i have to modify them? Thanks, This is some weight off my shoulders. I didnt want to pay 590+ for just one.
Old 11-09-09, 09:53 AM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by grhed1jz
Sweet so what do i have to do for the bushings? Do they fit the sc or will i have to modify them? Thanks, This is some weight off my shoulders. I didnt want to pay 590+ for just one.
absolutely nothing...the new arm's come with the bushings already installed. Its just a matter of taking your old ones out and throwing these on. That's it.

Just a word of advice. Take a sharpie and mark all your alignment settings so that when you reinstall them you could put it back to where it was and not be too far off until you get your realignment.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-09-09, 09:59 AM
grhed1jz
Driver School Candidate

Man, really Appreciate this. Good luck on the build. Im going to get on one real quick.
Old 11-09-09, 05:38 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can't wait for more pics
Old 11-09-09, 06:09 PM
VIP_Rob
Driver School Candidate

looks good keep it up and then slam it lol
Old 11-09-09, 09:08 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VIP_Rob
looks good keep it up and then slam it lol
You know...ill be honest. I had the car sitting about an inch lower than it is now. I got sick and tired of the ride quality and slowing down for everything. I'm over the slammed car look and I actually think it looks better with the "just under" 1 finger fender gap. The car rides so much better and is much more enjoyable. I dunno, maybe im just getting old
Old 11-12-09, 09:35 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

SHE'S ALIIIVE!!!!!

She started on the first turn! Purred like a kitten. I'm so happy!!!

All i have to do now is finish up the front mount and throw the radiator back in, finish up the TSX retro and ill be ready to roll!

Oh and btw, the ACT Xtreme disk with the street clutch feels awesome. Not too stiff which I was worried about.

make sure you change your fork and fork support if your clutch is starting to feel heavy...it makes the world of difference.

Ill post some pics when i get teh front mount piping on....
Old 11-15-09, 11:08 AM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Intercooler is on....shes almost ready to drive...just a couple smaller things...

I have been spending the day doing the TSX retro install.

Here are some pics....

Ill post some more later.

These were taken with some test generic xenons (5000k). The 4300 phillips will go in when they are on the car.

On to the pics:

Approximately 3 feet away

At approximately 40 ft away:

And some random ones:

I will be working on the 3k fogs later on today as well.

Ill keep you guys posted.
Old 11-15-09, 11:45 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 382 Likes on 225 Posts

lookin' good!
Old 11-30-09, 02:22 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Im proud to announce that she is done and officially running strong!

I'm not pushing more than about 35% throttle cause im waiting for the clutch to break in, and the car freakin' GOES!

Ill post some pics soon along with a compilation video.....
Old 11-30-09, 03:02 PM
msc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

congrats on a successful build also has to feel great since you did it yourself

Quick Reply: My 1995 Buildup Thread w/ pics