SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

ECU and questiins

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-02, 08:06 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude, you all need to take some leamas (sp?) classes... nice slow deep breathing!... Chill out some.

For Smooth8 & CleanSC4, I think you guys would have a much firmer foot to stand on if you could publish some dyno slips. Show some before & after stuff. Data is very hard stuff to argue with. Maybe I was out of it, but I haven't seen any from you guys, I'm interested to see what your gains are. We know the weapon-R unit gives about 40 RWHP... so what does your do? I'm sure it's more convienent because there's no wire splicing & what not... but without getting into that, could you post some dyno & time slips from a SC stock, and the same SC w/ the ECU?

Curious George...
errr John
Old 04-29-02, 08:10 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paid advertisements? I don't get paid by anyone to do anything on this board. And anyway, what are you doing? Advertising! And, if you'd read my post, I said that if your full computer upgrade is like the MiNes setup, which I suspect it is, it would definitely be a worthwhile upgrade. I also don't understand why you act unbiased then slam the piggyback ECU setup in the same breath, it's an effective setup.

Last edited by MadMaxSC400; 04-29-02 at 08:31 PM.
Old 04-29-02, 08:18 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The other good thing about the weapon r is that it doesnt need to be sent in.
i believe having to send in my current ecu and waiting for it to come back wud prolly take 2 weeks
and thats 2 weeks too long
if u guys can post some dynos and find a way around that send in ur old ecu thing, might sell more
Old 04-29-02, 08:20 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok Ok...

SupraCoup3 - we intend to do a dyno very SOON!

MadMaxSC400, Chris & myself respect you and we have no intention of knocking anyone's product. You guys haven't heard from Chris (Smooth8) in a long time because he recently had a baby. So you guys can understand what a child can do to your life and how time consuming it could be.

Verylost - You read my mind. We are working on ways to get around that. It's definately an advantage for people who live in So. Cal because they can get it done in the same day.

We are all here to create products for our SC's! If anything, let's work together and improve our products. 2 heads are better than 1 right?

Last edited by ACleanSC4; 04-29-02 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-29-02, 08:26 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

thanks cleansc4.

hey random thought... one thing I like about club lexus is that is doesn't turn into a flame war anytime anyone says anything (excuse the pun) inflamitory. I like and enjoy how we can assosiate for the most part, on another level. Leave the flaming for the honda civic posers.

Club Lex is and should be above that.

EDIT: that's ironic -- I was talking about Leamas -- the breathing exercise for women in labor! Geeze... that's really ironic -- hey Smooth8, CONGRATULATIONS! -- is it a boy or a girl?

John

Last edited by SupraCoup3; 04-29-02 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-29-02, 08:33 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Our cars don't break down enough to have tons of maintenance posts, so we get bored and start flamewars over performance stuff
Old 04-29-02, 09:13 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

You gentlemen at lexussc400.com, I am truly apalled at the unprofessional manner in which you have dealt with me and several others I have spoken with. It is not my intention to badmouth you, but i'd like to watch out for my fellow CL members/Lex pushers that might not be wise enough to watch out for certain things. If you truly wish to clear the air and gain back some market share and the trust of potential customers, then let's address some issues 'publicly.' Chris ('Smooth8'), I don't even know where to start.

#1 - I never asked for a torque converter for cost, we agreed that I would help to represent you here on the East Coast, since I have alot of connections with the locals, and that you would take care of me reasonably on prices, especially since we agreed I would be ordering the ECU, converter, intake, N2O, the works. As soon as I went to order it from you, you told me you could not sell it to me at the price you had quoted me, the new price you gave me was even more than what was on the website. I asked you why and you told me Precision had just raised their prices. You told me you would give me the converter for your cost at the newer price, I called Precision, since I happen to know someone there (been using them since I had GN's), he told me they did not raise their prices any time recently. I called Mo at SRT and he offered me the converter for the same price you said your cost was, and he confirmed the prices had not gone up. To be honest, I had to teach you over the phone how a converter worked, among other things, for a guy that runs a business centered around these automobiles, you knew surprisingly little. I don't mean that as an insult, just an honest observation after spending hours on the phone with you. I didn't try to get my dealership to foot the bill at all, and i'm offended you blatently imply I was trying to get over, my dealer agreed to use an aftermarket converter, they tried to order it from you for weeks, with no success, and you made me look like bad after these guys got fed up trying to order from you.

#2 - 'our computer is simply superior to a piggy back' is simply NOT going to cut it, Chris. Leo at W-R knows his business, and he has dyno results galore for his product, and provides all the support you need, he's not MIA when you have a problem. You guys don't even bother to try to tell us why your product is better, you just knock other's products. I just received an e-mail from Tony and he said yours is better because the wires can fall off the W-R ECU! Come on, bro. Also, I told you that I could not help you to sell the ECU without knowing exactly what was changed - i.e. Timing advance, injector pulse width, converter lockup, shift points, etc. You promised me you'd get the parameters from your programmer and have an answer for me in two days, I spent weeks trying to get an answer from you, and finally found out elsewhere that you wanted about a grand for what was simply and plainly just timing changes, NOTHING else. I have no knowledge of your new ECU upgrade, so I cannot speak to that, but I can say that I can do a standalone for that ballpark of cash.

#3 - Which CL members, specifically, participate in paid advertisements? And isn't that EXACTLY what you're doing? Every single person in CL can agree that you've never been on this forum except to sell something. I on the other hand, spend a ton of time each week helping out my fellow CL members, I even meet with the local members to give them a hand when I can, I have plenty of parts I could sell here, but I don't make a practice of it, I just like to help out, everyone here will also agree with that.

#4 - I'm glad you're business is better than ever, and you have all these hits, but you refer to using 'backyard intakes and other half-@ss products,' 'if people keep talking like this', are you saying you won't serve us if we bring up the question of your business practices? Why not just prove us wrong and show that you're here to bring SC4 owners new and innovative products with proven real world gains and value, and the will to back up your products with service and tech support. There will come a time when I will leave my company and open a shop, and not have to deal with any of this. As far as your statement, 'if you don't like the product, then don't buy it,' I never got to find out if I liked the product, I was ready to order thousands of dollars in merchandise from you, as you know, basically all the perf items you had for the 1UZ, and was willing to work with you to develop a blower kit, but you suddenly stopped answering the phones, because you didn't want to pay the extra fee involved in taking phone orders, but you stopped answering e-mails, so did Chad, for weeks and weeks and weeks, some people actually speculated something bad had happened to you, because you just disappeared. Did Chad have a baby too?
Old 04-29-02, 09:45 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Ok..here we go again...

Lex, I've seen your posts on this forum and I see where you're coming from.

On the other hand, I've known Chris for quite some time and there are two stories. The thing is, www.LexusSC400.com is under new management, why? Because of the things that you mentioned. Emails weren't being answered and such...

Again, NO ONE LIKES TO BE SLAMMED or have their product slammed. So let's keep this forum & the market for great products for our cars available.

I know the Dyno was the first thing that should've been done, but hey, a guy can only do so much by himself right? There's no need for me to explain his reasons, but that's why I'm here now. To take a huge load off his back.

So please, no more name calling, bashing, whatever you want to call it.

And Lex - I didn't say that the Weapon-R ecu wires "will" fall off. I'm just saying it's a possibility...
Old 04-30-02, 07:23 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

So, you're saying Chris will not respond to my post and clear the air? Doesn't sound too professional to me, i'm not 'bashing', 'name calling' , or 'slamming' anyone, I just want my issues addressed so we can straighten things out. Sooo, will Chris answer me or no? If you are the new mgt and he has nothing to do with the business anymore than i'd like you to address my concerns, but if he's still running things, i'd like him to respond. Who's at the wheel over there? An apology for insulting me on this forum would be good too. And as far as the W-R ECU, if the wires fall off, that's the fault of the installer, not the product, do you get the impression guys are just taping the intercrew wires onto their ECU harness? Also, how about addressing the FUNCTION of the unit, what kind of gains can you offer and will you back them up? Can anyone there answer my questions in a concise, informed, and professional manner?
Old 04-30-02, 08:42 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Amen bro!!! I think we should all go in and back Lex and let him open his own shop. Maybe then we could get some product support for the 400's. I appreciate everything WR has done, but we are pretty limited to parts. I mean, a $100.00 for clear side marker lights??? People have got to be crazy. We should have kept the F-bodies Lex. Love my SC, but I guess I'll just have to be content with a middle 14 second car.

Shane
Old 04-30-02, 11:37 AM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Lex: If you want to clear the air, email "info@lexussc400.com" with your # and Chris will call you.

I think that's the best way to solve this problem. It's always better to speak over the phone than to do posting wars. But the people on this forum love those posting wars though, sorry to disappoint
Old 04-30-02, 12:38 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

posting wars don't accomplish anything.... they're a waste of time, 99% of the time.

John
Old 04-30-02, 02:20 PM
Toan Nguyen
Pole Position

Default heh

I'd like to point out that there is technically nothing wrong with a good backyard job. I'm pushing 350hp at the mo, so it cant be all that bad...

Toan
Old 04-30-02, 02:50 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

SupraCoup3: Timmy kicks a$$ Do you play Half-Life online? I have a spray of Timmy that I photoshopped.
I don't care if any of you think the mods I have are cheap, like I've said before they get the job done and haven't caused any trouble. Adam Butler said that he gets beat by his friend's Maxima in a race, and I'll kill any Maxima on the road, VQ or not. In fact, the only time i've lost in a street race so far is when I had 3 people in my car and I was racing a stripped down, turbo'ed Honda Civic... not only could I hear the turbo but I could smell the healthy shot of NOS he needed to creep by me.
Old 04-30-02, 03:12 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

yea... I used to play half life online. But now it's mostly tribes 2. I lost my half life CD .

The "Timmay" thing is kinda 2 fold... one I like that episode,

Two, my little bro who broke his leg right above the knee (completely, like the bone was almost sticking out of th skin). Got a lotta respect for the kid. Never complained, and in two months, completely rehabed, and is back as the starting catcher on the varisity team. He's only a Sophmore too. Tough kid.

So that's the inside on my avatar.

John

Quick Reply: ECU and questiins