SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Celica seats and shifter in an SC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-09, 10:53 AM
lexsc4oo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Celica seats and shifter in an SC?

anyone put celica seats in a sc? Fitment? pics possibly? and also what about the auto shift ****? it looks like the button and OD button are in same place?

Last edited by lexsc4oo; 10-22-09 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-22-09, 07:23 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Im working on my Celica seats in my SC. I got the passenger one in, need time to finish the driver side.

Its no where near a direct fitment. I cut and welded the stock SC brackets to the Celica rails to make it work. Takes some effort, but it sits about 1" lower than the SC seats and weighs 1/3 of it also.

Old 10-22-09, 07:32 PM
wikkrik
Driver School Candidate

^^^^^ damn phoenix, that looks sick. What year celica, if yous dont mind?
Old 10-23-09, 12:36 AM
lexsc4oo
Driver

welding? i didnt want to have to go that far. I bought those exact seats out of a 03 celica GT. was hopin they might bolt in fairly easy but idk. if i have to weld them i might just sell em and buy something else...
Old 10-23-09, 12:45 AM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lexsc4oo
welding? i didnt want to have to go that far. I bought those exact seats out of a 03 celica GT. was hopin they might bolt in fairly easy but idk. if i have to weld them i might just sell em and buy something else...
you gotta be realistic..

most seats from OTHER cars will not just bolt-on to your car. Even when you buy aftermarket seats, you usually have to buy aftermarket brackets for the seats to fit in your car(unless they specify that they'll bolt onto your car) or if you buy stock seats from another car you'll almost always have to detatch/weld brackets to make them fit on your car homie.

I had stock Evo 8 Recaros seats put into my old Galant and the brackets were different so i have to detach the evo bracket and weld the Galant brackets for them to fit the Galant. Things aren't always gonna be easy in this car modding culture, so you shouldn't give up just because the Celica seat rails dont instantly bolt up.
Old 10-24-09, 05:05 PM
lexsc4oo
Driver

I know **** aint easy in the car modding world. I just dont wanna weld emm. I think i might just make a bracket myself out of some 1/4in steel.
Old 10-24-09, 06:08 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Good luck with the bracket. I did that on my RSX seats that I had before.. it was a nightmare. It never sit right. I tried 2 different styles.. It just sucked, so I sold those seats and gave up.

Then I got my Celica seats for $50. So I tried it again with a different approach, the best way to do it is using the stock mounting feet on the Celica sliders.

Today I put in my driver seat. Before I did I looked to see how close they are to mounting. The front bolt holes are really close, you can get away with drilling out the Celica's feet holes larger. The rear are off by a lot. The right inner tunnel foot bolts to the tunnel, not the floor. So if you make a bracket, it will want to pivot around it (connecting to the tunnel bolt hole)... it will never stay even unless you bend a bracket to bolt it to the floor. The rear out foot is like 2-3" over the bolt hole in the floor. You CAN make a bracket for that, it just will be a pain in the *** to bolt in.

So good luck with it, I gave up on my RSX seats when I did it because the brackets are really just a temp solution. I did not have the means of welding back then. Things changed. Thanks to Proven Power, they did some badass tig welding on my seats. It bolts together like stock and sits as flat as stock seats did (which were more or less straight, lol)

Ill post some pics up when I get the seat belts in and what not. Little misc stuff I need to do.
Old 10-24-09, 06:16 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Has everyone forgot about the S2000 seats? I think those will bolt right up with the help of some washers. No welding, no cutting..
Old 10-24-09, 06:26 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Has everyone forgot about the S2000 seats? I think those will bolt right up with the help of some washers. No welding, no cutting..
they dont, that was a myth. someone stomped that awhile ago.
Old 10-24-09, 08:19 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

HMMMMMM, just going by Intellexuial website.. I guess they need to update it.. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-24-09, 08:30 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah np, Intellexual hasn't been update in a long time...
Old 10-24-09, 09:50 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Here's a shot with them in. I am still in the process of converting the whole interior to black...

So once I drive with them for a little, if I like them I will rewrap them in black leather.
Old 10-25-09, 01:29 AM
lexsc4oo
Driver

Awesome pheonix! Appreciate it alot man!
They look awesome in there, my bro just got a welder so I think I might make a run for it. But i wanna stay cloth cause for a DD leather just dont work for me.

Anyone know anything about the shifter? i dont know how to upload pics into my post but here is a link of the shift ****. It looks pretty close to the stock one.
Old 10-25-09, 01:36 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Matt seats looks nice congrats good work once again
Old 10-25-09, 07:32 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Shifter? No idea, have you looked at the SC shifter before? its a strange setup. You can take it off with the little screws on the back of the shifter to look at it.

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
Matt seats looks nice congrats good work once again

Thanks... I will be a lot happier when I have some more interior black, haha... and when the seats are black leather .

Last edited by RedPhoenix; 10-25-09 at 07:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Celica seats and shifter in an SC?