SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Almost 1 year since I bought my JZZ30 :) Help me build my DD Weekend Tracker!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-09, 01:23 PM
FuMoFFuTT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost 1 year since I bought my JZZ30 :) Help me build my DD Weekend Tracker!!

A little about myself. I'm 20 years old, still in College, and drive a 1993 Toyota Soarer... I think that's enough? :P

Firstly, I'd like to say a BIG THANK YOU to CL and helping me this far! I find a lot of information on this forum. It made me love the Soarer more than I thought I would and it also made me spend a lot of time and money o_O.. haha that's besides the point. Well, I'm hoping I can finish this project, it's the first real car that I have and I don't want to end up selling it like I see a lot of others doing.

This car has gone through a lot to get to where it is now, mostly esthetic, so now I have to plan on putting more "GO" in my DD

Here's a picture of when I first got it.. and installed HID's

Here it is as she sits now:

I think as far as esthetics, that's as far as I'll be going. It'll be going into storage in about a week or two

SUSPENSION AND BRAKES

Parts waiting to be installed -

TANABE Sustec Pro-Fives (Got them yesterday!! )
Tanabe TEAS System (Thanks ScottUrNot)
Maltech SS Brake Lines

Parts arriving soon:

TRD Front Strut Bar (WEEEHEEE )
Full SUPRA TT Brakes (Thanks ScottUrNot)

... My little 17's won't fit the calipers.. so I guess I need some new wheels

I'm planning on some Volk VS-XX (F)18x9.5 (R) 18x10.5 (What kind of offsets do I need?)

....... okay okay.. I think that's it.....

No.. not yet..

ENGINE AND PERFORMANCE

I NEED MORE POWER! 450-500rwhp with a 1JZ-GTE for a reliable ride is possible? I redid the catback when I bought the car also. 3" piping with dual 3" outlets.

It's a DD in the summer so, I'll probably even drive it on vacations for 6-7 hour drives.

I'll also be taking it to the track next season, so I'll need something that spools fast. Will I need something like a Greddy Emanage if I want to push 450-500rwp?

TRANSMISSION

I have no idea.. I have the R154 that came stock, will I need to do clutch work?

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO NEXT! CL HELP ME!!

Last edited by FuMoFFuTT; 10-24-09 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-24-09, 02:24 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great progress man! I love that steering wheel. I say go black interior next
Old 10-24-09, 03:15 PM
v8soarer91
Pole Position

have a look at these cars

http://soarercentral.com/sc-forum/me...tml?1256422133

me "v8soarer_1991" if you are looking around the forum
Old 10-24-09, 07:37 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's a daily driver, I recommend around +18 front, +22 rear offsets on those size rims.
Trans should be fine IF it's really healthy. I'd recommend something like what Greddy offers, I think it's possible to easily push around 450whp w/the right aftermarket turbo setup as long as the engine is really healthy.
Next I would say install all the parts you have accumulated.
Then get the new rims on, and really start researching the minimum you'll need to have $$$-wise to reach your power goals. Also maybe think about swapping more black items into the interior to match that nice steering wheel?

Btw, think about getting a Vertex rear lip or bumper to properly match the Vertex sideskirts. I'll possibly buy that rear lip off of you btw.
Also maybe think about some pedals that aren't that "old generic style" not that that really matters but I'm just trying to think of things for you mod, since you asked.

Lookin' good so far!
Old 10-24-09, 07:46 PM
skizzals
Pole Position

your car looks good fisrt thing i noticed is how better your wheels look . . .i remember this car was it you that posted b4 about how you were waiting for your girl outside the club and her friend was like "its just a toyota " or something like that?
Old 10-24-09, 08:18 PM
FuMoFFuTT
Lexus Test Driver

It's the Pioneer AVH P4000DVD. I picked it up for an AMAZING price. It doesn't have GPS, but I have a portable one that my girlfriend bought me

Originally Posted by ESScee400
what kind of in-dash is that? i'm looking to purchase an in-dash touch-screen here soon. preferably with nav. so far, i'm set on an eclipse.

BTW, love the whip
I used to go to soarercentral, but I find the way the forum is made to be really difficult to navigate. I took a look at a couple of those cars already, most of them are strictly for track, this is my daily drive hehehe

Originally Posted by v8soarer91
have a look at these cars

http://soarercentral.com/sc-forum/me...tml?1256422133

me "v8soarer_1991" if you are looking around the forum
I already have that planned.. Just don't know where to start

Originally Posted by SCboy
Great progress man! I love that steering wheel. I say go black interior next

Thanks for the suggestions, I actually forgot about my crappy pedals. If you have anything in mind with more GRIP. It'd be appreciated. hehe Also about the offsets, I need to make sure that these wheels will clear the Supra BBK that I'll be receiving soon.

I would say I have roughly $5,000 to play around with right now to get me into the 400rwhp mark.. Hopefully get the engine working A1 before anything. It does have roughly 100,000 miles on it.

PMed about the rear lip

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
If it's a daily driver, I recommend around +18 front, +22 rear offsets on those size rims.
Trans should be fine IF it's really healthy. I'd recommend something like what Greddy offers, I think it's possible to easily push around 450whp w/the right aftermarket turbo setup as long as the engine is really healthy.
Next I would say install all the parts you have accumulated.
Then get the new rims on, and really start researching the minimum you'll need to have $$$-wise to reach your power goals. Also maybe think about swapping more black items into the interior to match that nice steering wheel?

Btw, think about getting a Vertex rear lip or bumper to properly match the Vertex sideskirts. I'll possibly buy that rear lip off of you btw.
Also maybe think about some pedals that aren't that "old generic style" not that that really matters but I'm just trying to think of things for you mod, since you asked.

Lookin' good so far!

Better the wheels look? I can't wait to get them off hehe.. And yeah.. I just drive a TOYOTA...

Originally Posted by skizzals
your car looks good fisrt thing i noticed is how better your wheels look . . .i remember this car was it you that posted b4 about how you were waiting for your girl outside the club and her friend was like "its just a toyota " or something like that?
Old 10-29-09, 10:09 AM
chitwnsazn
Lead Lap

What steering wheel/airbag combination is that?
Old 10-29-09, 10:23 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

what the hell is that weird distortion on picture 2 and 3?
Old 10-29-09, 10:30 AM
chitwnsazn
Lead Lap

Obviously a ghost...
Old 10-29-09, 11:02 AM
FuMoFFuTT
Lexus Test Driver

It's the logo of the place I bought it. I didn't want to recommend it cause that place is GARBAGE. They tried selling me pieces of ****. I picked my baby up with my brother, had to double check all the mechanical etc..
Old 10-29-09, 11:03 AM
FuMoFFuTT
Lexus Test Driver

Lexus with camry airbag