SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What would Auto Couture front + Vertex sides look like?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-09, 08:02 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^ Jack are you talking about the Shine kit ? If yes the front bumper bumper has some major fitment issues, on of the Local guy bought the Kit , the rear and sides are fine the front is not. just a heads up
Old 10-31-09, 08:19 AM
scfou
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would look super clean! That's what I had in mind just a few yrs. back. But if you are over 30, that may look a bit riced out to older women looking at you, Lol.. I went back to a stock 98 vvti sc400 and will lower with rims and that's about it. But definitely I believe it'll look real nice.
Old 10-31-09, 10:04 AM
AztecSN95
Pole Position

The shine kit doesnt have big issues - even people with authentic AC kits have them cleaned up to be show-car quality. Shine and AIT both make a good copy (shine is better), but like anything else, for OEM quality perfect fitment, expect to spend more to have them doctored by a body guy. For your average person who is just looking for an upgrade from stock, they will BOTH work just fine.
Old 10-31-09, 11:47 AM
booja
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

vertex style sides and rear will be alot lower than the ac front. the ac sides and rear almost look stock and it matches, theres no way it would flow right. unless you add a front lip to the ac front bumper
Old 10-31-09, 01:59 PM
N00bie909
Lead Lap

it called up the guys at shine auto and they told me that they didnt use ac stlye sides they used the vetex sides and vertex rear bumper its not a lip it comes at a whole but i dont think its true the sides look way different so just an input if anyone has more info let me know
Old 10-31-09, 08:06 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AztecSN95
The shine kit doesnt have big issues - even people with authentic AC kits have them cleaned up to be show-car quality. Shine and AIT both make a good copy (shine is better), but like anything else, for OEM quality perfect fitment, expect to spend more to have them doctored by a body guy. For your average person who is just looking for an upgrade from stock, they will BOTH work just fine.
Dude do you have one on your car? no so don't try to tell the other no they don't have any issues please.
This local guy has the kit and put alot hours in that front bumper to make it fit. Big A$% gap between the headlight and the bumper ,i saw it with my own eyes.
Old 10-31-09, 08:13 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a rather in depth thread regarding the shine bumper and one member's experience. It might be worth a read if you are considering it and worried about fitment.
Old 11-02-09, 08:58 PM
BAD954BOI
Racer

that's a bad sc.... i wonder what hasn't been done to one
Old 11-02-09, 09:15 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by N00bie909
it called up the guys at shine auto and they told me that they didnt use ac stlye sides they used the vetex sides and vertex rear bumper its not a lip it comes at a whole but i dont think its true the sides look way different so just an input if anyone has more info let me know
AIT Racing kit is AC front and Vertex sides and rears

Shine is AC all around
Old 11-02-09, 09:29 PM
snook
Racer

I have a AIT Auto Couture bumper brand new painted Ren. Red if anyone is interested.
Comes with new 97+ foam and new oem grille, intrepid lights, clear markers, new chrome lexus emblem. I want to go with stock. Will also sell / trade my veilside sideskirts and rear bumper for 97+ body

To the original poster I think it'll line up just fine, a little difference isnt a big deal
Old 11-02-09, 09:33 PM
FuMoFFuTT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xknowonex

Shine is AC all around
I just checked AIT website.. they look good
Old 11-03-09, 07:19 PM
AztecSN95
Pole Position

Originally Posted by quickGS300
Dude do you have one on your car? no so don't try to tell the other no they don't have any issues please.
This local guy has the kit and put alot hours in that front bumper to make it fit. Big A$% gap between the headlight and the bumper ,i saw it with my own eyes.
I've seen 2 Shine cars first hand, and an AIT car. The AIT car had fitment issues, but nothing so overboard that it would warrant not buying the kit. For the money you'd be stupid not to. Both shine kits looked great - perhaps your super cool homie didn't have a kit fitment problem, but perhaps his headlights weren't mounted right - based on the way you're typing I'd imagine he couldn't be too bright, either, and thus made a mistake in kit mounting.

Its been documented that the kit fits great, but the PERFECTIONISTS out there may want to clean it up...which they do to ORIGINAL AC kits. As I said before (which you clearly didn't read), its a knock off kit - what do you expect? Nothing fits like OE parts.

/end thread hijacking
Old 11-04-09, 09:47 PM
N00bie909
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by xknowonex

Shine is AC all around
yeah i figured because i saw the side skirts and they didnt look vertex at all i just understood him wrong but anyways im going to do the 97 front bumper then the shine sides and rear with a front lip on my 97 are you still going to have the ac photoshoot?
Old 11-05-09, 08:09 PM
DriftPaRX7
Pole Position

ok... wow... I just went back to read this thread.. holy crap!

OK! Here's the deal... I am now persuaded to keep this car..

Sorry JDM muscle.. no air ride and fogs for you.. but photoshoot still!

By the way quik I sold your block to the guy I bought my sc off of.. lol.. same price no gas money though.. darn it..

I just got the AIT replica today COurtesy of KingLuis Thank you SOOOO MUCH!

Honestly, for what I paid for.. if I need to do some modifcation, that's fine. Not everything is 100 percent plop on except 97 conversions. It looks close, but I think next week will yield better results when it's painted and on the car.

Calm your jets.. I have the AC front, and the vertex sides, and rear. ALL knock off by the way...

The knock off vertex sticks out way too far and was designed for the wide body fenders that come with the vertex kit.

I didn't like it.. so I'm taking it off.

I will show pictures and let you know how much effort it took to get this bumper to line up. it's not the lining up problem with the fenders with these knock offs...

It's the high beams, the normal headlights... and center grille position... the vertex knock off I got.. the centergrille cutout was SOO far off from where it was supposed to be.. ScotturNot pointed it out a little too late for me..so Round 2 here we go!
Old 11-05-09, 09:59 PM
wagomaniac
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DriftPaRX7
ok... wow... I just went back to read this thread.. holy crap!

OK! Here's the deal... I am now persuaded to keep this car..

Sorry JDM muscle.. no air ride and fogs for you.. but photoshoot still!

By the way quik I sold your block to the guy I bought my sc off of.. lol.. same price no gas money though.. darn it..

I just got the AIT replica today COurtesy of KingLuis Thank you SOOOO MUCH!

Honestly, for what I paid for.. if I need to do some modifcation, that's fine. Not everything is 100 percent plop on except 97 conversions. It looks close, but I think next week will yield better results when it's painted and on the car.

Calm your jets.. I have the AC front, and the vertex sides, and rear. ALL knock off by the way...

The knock off vertex sticks out way too far and was designed for the wide body fenders that come with the vertex kit.

I didn't like it.. so I'm taking it off.

I will show pictures and let you know how much effort it took to get this bumper to line up. it's not the lining up problem with the fenders with these knock offs...

It's the high beams, the normal headlights... and center grille position... the vertex knock off I got.. the centergrille cutout was SOO far off from where it was supposed to be.. ScotturNot pointed it out a little too late for me..so Round 2 here we go!

Hey I got your message on the phone, your very welcome. Thank you for your business. Hopefully you can leave good feedback . I hope its not to much of a hassle to get it on. Let me know how it goes and post up some pics!!!!

Quick Reply: What would Auto Couture front + Vertex sides look like?