SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I'm the stupidest jackass in the world.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-09, 06:19 AM
attzor
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the adice, I'm about to go take some pics of it, As for selling it, I don't know yet, if I can find a racing school, I'm going to go to that, I think panoz does one over at road atlanta. I think I figured out the reason, It started to boost, spun kicking out the rear end, I tried to correct it, which I shouldn't have, which caused it to spin out of control. The second that turbo went into boost it wasn't going straight anymore, I know when it's all fixed, there will be no more rain driving, I have another car I can drive, and that's half the reason my mom wants me to sell it, she told me not to drive it in the rain, but I told her it was the only way to learn to drive it better. But I hadn't crashed it the other 10 rainy days, so I figured I would be fine.
Old 10-31-09, 10:14 AM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cardinale rule in my book for wet driving...drive slow and chilled like a gangster. i know you werent trying to haul *** but you know what your doing i dont have to talk anymore lol
Old 10-31-09, 10:30 AM
attzor
Lead Lap

First pic is in, I have many more, I had it toed to my house, I'm going to repair it myself, all aside from the quarter panel work. It cant go forward because something causes it to bow outward but it can go backwards. I'm going to pull-a-part to pull a the full assembly.

Heres some more:

Last edited by attzor; 10-31-09 at 10:38 AM.
Old 10-31-09, 10:33 AM
FutureSC
Lead Lap

dang that think got crushed hopefully you can find someone to do it for less than 4 grand because that is just rediculous.

that teal mist is such an awesome color......... but I may be a bit biased :P

good luck getting her fixed
Old 10-31-09, 10:39 AM
attzor
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FutureSC
dang that think got crushed hopefully you can find someone to do it for less than 4 grand because that is just rediculous.

that teal mist is such an awesome color......... but I may be a bit biased :P

good luck getting her fixed
Teal mist is cool, But silver spruce is the best
Old 10-31-09, 10:44 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by attzor
I'm going to probably have to sell it because my mom won't let me keep it, she already thought it was a POS, and now she think's it's too much for me. I don't know if I should let the insurance company total it, and buy it back then repair the damage and sell it or just repair it out of pocket and garage it for a while. I don't think I would have a problem if the car was an auto, but since it's a 5spd and I never really got formal lessons, I made quite a few errors. I don't know what I'm going to do, I guess I just have to take it 1 day at a time right now.
even if it was auto this kind of stuff can happen. i would rather have a manual car anyways. more control then an auto

Originally Posted by ESScee400
Your mom thought it was a POS? Well then, WTF does she drive? Lol that's the first time I've ever heard an SC referred to as a POS. I'm offended lol.
are you serious. he has a 93 lexus. in his mom's eyes thats all it is. she doesnt care that it is rare due to the motor swap and manual transmission. now that its crashed it definitely comes off as a POS in her eyes. i know exactly where she is coming from.

i bought a clean 93 sc300 5spd in 2006 from florida. i brought it back and to my mom it was "an old lexus." most people, and majority of the women, wont appreciate that kind of a car.

it similar to having a old ae86 corolla. you like it, your buddies like it, and you will only get props from people that are in this scene.

more women know what a camaro or a mustang is compared to the SC
Old 10-31-09, 10:53 AM
attzor
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
even if it was auto this kind of stuff can happen. i would rather have a manual car anyways. more control then an auto

are you serious. he has a 93 lexus. in his mom's eyes thats all it is. she doesnt care that it is rare due to the motor swap and manual transmission. now that its crashed it definitely comes off as a POS in her eyes. i know exactly where she is coming from.

i bought a clean 93 sc300 5spd in 2006 from florida. i brought it back and to my mom it was "an old lexus." most people, and majority of the women, wont appreciate that kind of a car.

it similar to having a old ae86 corolla. you like it, your buddies like it, and you will only get props from people that are in this scene.

more women know what a camaro or a mustang is compared to the SC
^ spot on, my friend's think it's coolest thing on the road, everyone else thinks its an old pos.
Old 10-31-09, 10:57 AM
FutureSC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by attzor
Teal mist is cool, But silver spruce is the best
Dang it, I can never tell the difference between those two colors
Old 10-31-09, 11:04 AM
ashtray
Pole Position

atleast it happened in the rear not the front.
Old 10-31-09, 11:14 PM
FuMoFFuTT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ashtray
I'd prefer the front, the rear quarters can't be completely changed out and can't be completely repaired without bondo.
Old 11-01-09, 07:12 AM
RedNeckLex
Driver School Candidate

I don't want to hear any of this "I'm only 18 yrs old" crap. When I was 18 years old I was driving a 450 rwhp 69' Chevelle. It's all about having respect for the car and what the car is able to do. The second you stop respecting that is the second it's going to bite your *** and teach you a leason!!!
Old 11-01-09, 08:06 AM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
sound like you need to take that car to some auto-x or drift events and get use to driving the car. not so you can do it better at higher speeds but simply so you know when to reach and how to reach in case something like this happens.

during the winter this can happen in a front wheel drive stock dodge neon. 400hp has something to do with it but its mostly driver error.

dont be afraid of it and practice driving it in a closed environment. cheers
I completely agree with you brother. I honestly don't think kiddo should get rid of the car. You need to be introduced to all aspects of driving and keeping it and going to an autoX event or two will help. in order for you to be able to control it you have to get used to it. From you posts I'm guessing it has a small single on it. Turn down the boost, get some gripper tires and goto some events. You'll get used to it I promise.

I went through the same thing you did. I started driving @ 15 in some stupid fast cars for my age('92 Z32TT). But you have to respect and tame the car and learn the basics.
Old 11-01-09, 11:18 AM
Vortes
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ashtray
You really want it to happen to the front on an sc, that is some serious quarter panel damage and 4k sounds normal, you might be able to get it done for 3k. If youve ever really felt and looked at the quarter panels on our cars, they are absolutely immovable, you could swing a mini sledge hammer full force to the quarter and it will barely move it if it even moves the metal at all.
Old 11-01-09, 11:30 AM
ashtray
Pole Position

oh wow..well i just figured if you take that amount of damage and apply it to the front then i think possible engine damage.
Old 11-01-09, 05:45 PM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

My girlfriend calls my car old, ugly, and noisy.

Women don't know anything.

Quick Reply: I'm the stupidest jackass in the world.