SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Vinh's SC300 w/ 1997+ Vertex Lip Slammed on Work Meister @ VIP AutoFashion Meet

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-09 | 09:31 PM
snook
Racer

wow it looks incredible!!!!! You are making me jealous, I want to just give you my 5 speed trans so your car can be perfect.

By the way what color are your seat belts? The receivers look brown that's why I ask are the belts brown too on all 4 corners?

Are your rear seats tan or black?

And you said everything came this way?

By the way you can get your seats up higher with galvanized thick washers. Just go buy a bunch of them and then you can make the front sit higher than the back or back higher than front or raise it up all 4 evenly. It might take many tries to get it just how you like it, but then once you've got it you'll be comfortable.
Old 12-03-09 | 09:49 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by snook
wow it looks incredible!!!!! You are making me jealous, I want to just give you my 5 speed trans so your car can be perfect.

By the way what color are your seat belts? The receivers look brown that's why I ask are the belts brown too on all 4 corners?

Are your rear seats tan or black?

And you said everything came this way?

By the way you can get your seats up higher with galvanized thick washers. Just go buy a bunch of them and then you can make the front sit higher than the back or back higher than front or raise it up all 4 evenly. It might take many tries to get it just how you like it, but then once you've got it you'll be comfortable.
My seat belts are black. Basically everything that from the woodgrain up came from the factory black. The pieces that I added were black rear seats, black front seats, and black carpet.

I think i might add those washers you mentioned to gain some inches.
Old 12-03-09 | 09:59 PM
snook
Racer

yes good luck I've also heard of others doing it on custom seats and it worked great after they got it where they wanted it but takes patience, Id drive around without the seats bolted in each time and add or remove washers by lifting up 1 corner at a time

Also I think it would be nice if you painted your center console arm rest black and did some black on your door panels, maybe black switches and arm rests and speaker grills and carpet there. A few of the guys have painted just the bottom half and it looked awesome, it needs something there

Last edited by snook; 12-04-09 at 08:43 AM.
Old 12-03-09 | 11:00 PM
dkangphoto
Rookie

what size rubber are you running on the wheels? are you rolled or pulled at all on the fenders. I want to run a offset like yours. just wondering what i have to do to make that happen. i currently have 18x9 +31 and 18x10 +25. Im only rolled on the rears
Old 12-04-09 | 12:02 AM
LMoney4o8
Lexus Test Driver

holy ****ing **** !!!!!!!!!!! Vinh your car looks ****ing sexy as **** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm about to get back into the game and fix the sc up again...wow just wow !!!
Old 12-04-09 | 12:42 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LMoney4o8
holy ****ing **** !!!!!!!!!!! Vinh your car looks ****ing sexy as **** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm about to get back into the game and fix the sc up again...wow just wow !!!
that is a lot of ****

The car is looking great vinh.
Old 12-04-09 | 12:42 AM
genetic
Lead Lap

so bawring! cooool
Old 12-04-09 | 01:00 AM
chrispy

Vinh, let's have a shoot.
Old 12-04-09 | 03:24 AM
vinh
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dkangphoto
what size rubber are you running on the wheels? are you rolled or pulled at all on the fenders. I want to run a offset like yours. just wondering what i have to do to make that happen. i currently have 18x9 +31 and 18x10 +25. Im only rolled on the rears
i only have a shave both on the front and rear and am running a 265/30/19 on the rear. But i should have done a pull while my car was at the body shop. I'm rubbing a lot right now and if I want to go any lower (which i do), i'm definitely going to need to pull the rear fenders
Originally Posted by LMoney4o8
haha thanks man! I'm gunna be in sj right before xmas. We should hang......we're going to be working on Don's SC3 that he just got.
Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
that is a lot of ****

The car is looking great vinh.
All thanks to your rolling shots! Oh and when i took out my rack bushings, they were still in good condition just like yours haha. I ended up changing them anyways though
Originally Posted by chrispy
Vinh, let's have a shoot.
I'm down. You guys are done with finals after this next week aren't you? My exhaust should be here on monday so maybe we can meet up when you're free.
Old 12-04-09 | 08:43 AM
snook
Racer

what year is your sc?
Old 12-04-09 | 11:00 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vinh
All thanks to your rolling shots! Oh and when i took out my rack bushings, they were still in good condition just like yours haha. I ended up changing them anyways though
We put the IS 250 to good use, after the last shoot it had exactly 8k. I'll bring the SC if we do another shoot since the bigger windows will be easier to lean out of.

I was going to just put the bushings in anyways like you did, but the day I checked my car was the day I put new shocks on the SC and my knuckles were already bleeding, so I decided to quit.

Originally Posted by snook
what year is your sc?
It should be a 97 since I think it was the only year that came oem 2 tone.
Old 12-04-09 | 11:26 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Great looking car vinh inside and out!!! Now I know why you said for me to get black carpet in my black/tan interior. It does look very good!!! Enjoy that gorgeous SC you got there.
Old 12-04-09 | 10:29 PM
UrbnSC
Rookie

Love those rims! one of my favs for sure! Stepped lips is sick! Now I really want a black car instead of a white.
Old 12-05-09 | 12:04 AM
HeisLegend
Lexus Test Driver

This car is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-09 | 12:21 AM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

lookin good vinh,

Quick Reply: Vinh's SC300 w/ 1997+ Vertex Lip Slammed on Work Meister @ VIP AutoFashion Meet