SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Big wing and racing throne... More mods for CL to hate on.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-09, 06:26 PM
ahhyes300
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ill roller
I think you are confused, taste is subjective... I assumed people would ignore the fact that this car sees the track and that the wing has a purpose, and make comments like the guy who said the car was going to take off if I didn't keep an eye on it. I came to this conclusion because of the number of people who have made these kind of comments about how beat up my car is, ignoring the fact that it's a track car.

Regardless, I'm amazed by the number of people who are saying they like it.
I can kind of see where ICE350 was going, but I don't think he knew your particular situation with people "hating" on your SC for it's "form" and missing the fact that it "functions". Lol. I believe he was more refering to situations like when people don't care for cars like Cambersc's, and 20 members attack them, calling them a "Hater" for having a different taste in modding.

Regardless, I will admit that if I saw your SC on the street, my first thought would be something negative about the wing, but then after looking it over, I would probably get the picture. However on a track day, I think the styling would probably strike me as downright sick! So to sum it up on a Street only car, the wing would= rice, but on a car that see's track time, I can definitely appreciate the GT wing. on painting the wheels gold idea.
Old 11-15-09, 06:40 PM
Danimal
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like to see people that use their cars to the fullest potential. The car's looks don't matter when you're inside it!

Keep up the good work, and have fun!
Old 11-15-09, 06:40 PM
roy1928
Lexus Test Driver

good **** man, good ****!
Old 11-15-09, 06:41 PM
tuterz
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i like it.. fits your car well..
Old 11-15-09, 07:02 PM
24boosted
Pole Position

You had a more subtle taste in mods when you had the fg2.
Old 11-15-09, 08:17 PM
Gspec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does the top "hoop" on the seat swing out of the way for entering/exiting purposes?! lol
Old 11-15-09, 11:12 PM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like your car alot. But I'm not feeling the wing. Even for a track car, it's still for looks. Those big wings are just for show on a drift car. You not reaching the speed to make it functional.

I'm liking the seat though. That should make a big difference weight wise and better control.
Old 11-15-09, 11:30 PM
ill roller
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
I'm not confused but sounds like you are.
I was simply trying to say that people have the right to not like someone else's choices. That isn't hating.
Taste is subjective but there are other factors. If the wing has a clear purpose that justifies choosing it. Looks need not matter. If it's a track car don't be concerned with what others think about it's looks.
You still seem pretty confused.

Originally Posted by ahhyes300
I can kind of see where ICE350 was going, but I don't think he knew your particular situation with people "hating" on your SC for it's "form" and missing the fact that it "functions". Lol. I believe he was more refering to situations like when people don't care for cars like Cambersc's, and 20 members attack them, calling them a "Hater" for having a different taste in modding.

Regardless, I will admit that if I saw your SC on the street, my first thought would be something negative about the wing, but then after looking it over, I would probably get the picture. However on a track day, I think the styling would probably strike me as downright sick! So to sum it up on a Street only car, the wing would= rice, but on a car that see's track time, I can definitely appreciate the GT wing. on painting the wheels gold idea.
I never said that stating an opinion the way it looks is hating... It's the people that look at a car and make idiotic comments about how the wing is pointless, or that I'm a ricer, or something equally stupid.

This car will probably only see 1-2 trackdays a month, and will be street driven between then, but I kinda like how ridiculous a slammed car with a gt wing looks rolling down the street.

Originally Posted by 24boosted
You had a more subtle taste in mods when you had the fg2.
No, I just didn't have money to do the things I wanted.

Originally Posted by Gspec
Does the top "hoop" on the seat swing out of the way for entering/exiting purposes?! lol
Nope

Originally Posted by SH_JZZ30
I like your car alot. But I'm not feeling the wing. Even for a track car, it's still for looks. Those big wings are just for show on a drift car. You not reaching the speed to make it functional.

I'm liking the seat though. That should make a big difference weight wise and better control.
I'm not gonna lie, I wanted it because of the way it looks, but it should help a little with stability on higher speed tracks (top of 3rd gear). I will also be attending test and tunes and lapping days this summer when money will allow.
Old 11-16-09, 08:12 AM
DryBlaze
Lexus Test Driver

Wait! SO you're saying you didn't get the wing so we can push it around to go get groceries???
Old 11-16-09, 09:24 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

looks good man! im not sure if my cage is going to be for sale as i may end up just keeping my car.
Old 11-16-09, 11:23 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

This makes me realize that the wing i had on my car previously would have looked cool if it was as high as the origin
Old 11-16-09, 12:04 PM
GRN MNSTR
Pole Position

i think it's nice!
Old 11-16-09, 12:09 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Lots of miss information in this thread, but that wing would not be functional in drift or in auto cross, and mainly serves as an aesthetic piece.

Nonetheless the car looks good, its nice to see these cars being driven how they're supposed to.
Old 11-16-09, 01:21 PM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The SC poops on the IS. The SC is brimming with character. Wing looks right. Perfect size. Nothing worse than a wing that is too narrow. The risers are in the perfect position too.

What trunk spoiler is that?

The only thing I dont like is the interior (not much you can do about it without gutting or spending stupid amounts of loot on it) and the CR Kai's. Give the SC the love it deserves and put some viscious wheels on it. IS is good as is and a perfect daily.
Old 11-16-09, 03:37 PM
MissyLexxx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DryBlaze
Wait! SO you're saying you didn't get the wing so we can push it around to go get groceries???

Dont even mention shopping PLEASE! I like the rear window spoiler tho, where can i get one?

Quick Reply: Big wing and racing throne... More mods for CL to hate on.