SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Might be selling 2is for sc300, need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-09, 10:49 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Might be selling 2is for sc300, need help

Hey everyone, i might be selling my MRM is350 soon to get a SC300. I want a car that is paid off, wont cost me an arm and a leg for insurance, and i can boost. I really love my car but insurance and car payments are not benificial to try and go to school with. I am going to school to become an EMT so im slowly losing more and more hours at work and the 2is is killing me. After i sell my car and pay a couple things off i will be looking at about 7k to get a car and get the XS power turbo kit, and put a garrett turbo on.

What should i look for and what other things would you guys do. what coilovers, what sways, what wheels, etc. PLEASE HELP ME
Old 11-15-09, 01:42 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont really have any suggestion. Just wanted to say have fun doing it. I love the is350s
Old 11-15-09, 02:07 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 382 Likes on 225 Posts

I'm not really sure I would recommend a car that requires more maintenance other than regular checkups to
a person in your position.
Get a cheap reliable car, go to school, and come back when you have a career and money to spend on it.

That's all I have to say about that. I'm sure some of you will disagree with me.
Old 11-15-09, 03:54 PM
wagomaniac
Lexus Test Driver

yeah try to find something that is kept up well
Old 11-15-09, 03:59 PM
roxanne
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1UZ-SC
I'm not really sure I would recommend a car that requires more maintenance other than regular checkups to
a person in your position.
Get a cheap reliable car, go to school, and come back when you have a career and money to spend on it.

That's all I have to say about that. I'm sure some of you will disagree with me.
It stings but he's right. They maintenance for my sc is killing me while in school. I might have to sell soon
Old 11-15-09, 05:47 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

im not to worried about maintanence, i love these cars, they are fun to drive. im willing to build a car and put money into it. that is the reason my 350 for the most part is stock, i owe like 17k on the car but insurance per year is nearly 4000 dollars. and that is killing me, ive wanted a boosted car forever. the most i drive to work is like 4 miles round trip if i stop to get ciggerettes.

are there any other suggestions on cars i should i get. i would like to stay in the toyota family. but i would love to stay in the lexus family.
Old 11-15-09, 05:57 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

pm me man. We can definitely get you situated in something that will suit your needs.
Old 11-15-09, 06:04 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

hey vinh, i gotta talk to my dad cause im on his insurance but im the one paying for it. but i really love sc's i have ever since i saw one
Old 11-15-09, 06:18 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I too wanted something with no payments. I came out of a lease for a 05 g35. I decided putting my money into something I can own would be a better choice. I chose a 95 5spd SC300. About a year and a half later, I have a 1J in it which im about to start driving tommorow. I hav'nt looked back and theres just something about these cars that I really love.

Also the other guys mentioning about alot of money in maintanance, I have no idea what they are talking about. Theres a reason why you always find SC's with 200+ thousand miles....they run like a clock. The only money I've put into my car was money I chose to put it, not because something did not work.

A 95+ SC in a manual would be an excellent choice, and if you can find a 97+ manual. They are worth more.....

Good luck in whatever you choose.
Old 11-15-09, 07:16 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

A stock SC is your blank canvas you can do whatever you want lip kits or full body kits (AC,Vertex,BIG WIN, or my fav Stock 97+ etc) for suspension look to either Stance,Tein,HKS,Dazien,Tanabe and thats just getting started take your time and do some reaserch and you will see how many different things you can do with an SC GL and hopefuly we can welcome you to the darkside very soon LoL
Old 11-15-09, 08:24 PM
Matador
Racer

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
A stock SC is your blank canvas you can do whatever you want lip kits or full body kits (AC,Vertex,BIG WIN, or my fav Stock 97+ etc) for suspension look to either Stance,Tein,HKS,Dazien,Tanabe and thats just getting started take your time and do some reaserch and you will see how many different things you can do with an SC GL and hopefuly we can welcome you to the darkside very soon LoL
That being said, you can also save a TON of money buying a swapped/modded car. Just be careful since there's a pretty good chance you're buying into some problems.
Old 11-15-09, 11:38 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

thanx for the advice everyone, i really like these car. i am bummed to say that i wanna get rid of my car already since its only been 4 months, but financially it sounds like the right decision to have no payment and a car i can build and put stuff in, and not worrie about missin my car note, or my insurance payment.
Old 11-15-09, 11:45 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Ian do it! There are so many ways you could go. For coils if you want something affordable get Megans. And those things can be SLAMMED.

Wheels.. depends what look you're going for. Sways I have Daizens and they work well.
Old 11-16-09, 12:02 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

i just need to find a car and get my ducks in order before i let the MRM go, i dont wanna be with out a car at all, the buses dont run early enough in the morning, first route stops by my house when im already at work! actually for some odd reason i am at work right now. i never seen the hospital this quiet

but i digress. im pretty much gunna build this bang for the buck style. i dont really mind having a pre '97. but im gunna stick to stock tranny while i do the first turbo setup. any suggestions on lip kits?
Old 11-16-09, 12:07 AM
vinh
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mv350
i just need to find a car and get my ducks in order before i let the MRM go, i dont wanna be with out a car at all, the buses dont run early enough in the morning, first route stops by my house when im already at work! actually for some odd reason i am at work right now. i never seen the hospital this quiet

but i digress. im pretty much gunna build this bang for the buck style. i dont really mind having a pre '97. but im gunna stick to stock tranny while i do the first turbo setup. any suggestions on lip kits?
the w58 will definitely hold up on a na-t setup considering you don't beat it to hell. I think pre 97 will probably be your best bet as a 5spd 97 will either be over 7k or you just won't be able to find one. Get black interior if you can, it pwns on that old man tan look.

Big win lip kit definitely looks good. I haven't taken a ride in megan's for the sc, but when i had them in my s14 i didn't like them at all. I have stance's now and i think they are the shizz.

Quick Reply: Might be selling 2is for sc300, need help