SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Just a few questions for you all knowing peoples!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-09, 05:27 PM
SCidWayz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a few questions for you all knowing peoples!

Whats up all, I am new to this forum and I will be honest I haven't even looked through them too much. So I am sure that the answers to my questions could be out there in these forums, but whats the harm of having the answers come to you.

Quick info about my SC3: 1995 3.0 I6 2JZ-GE- Auto/Trans. STOCK!

So on with the questions:

Q: What aftermarket brand of coil-overs work best for the SC300?

Q: Is Cusco brand a good quality front upper sway bar?

Q: With budget in mind, (not ebay brand), what is the best turbo kit that you recommend for the 2JZ-GE-? (Obviously TT would be awesome, but I am asking about brand quality)

Q: I know many exhaust brands, which brand would you prefer, with performance, sound, and budget in mind?

Q: I will be doing a 5speed conversion, W58 or R154?

Q: Isn't the R154 tranny paired with the 7mgte, if so will it work bolted up to the 2JZ-GE? Possibly needing the 2JZ bellhousing?

Q: During the 5speed conversion, will the ECU have to be swapped with a manual programed ECU?

Q: Has anyone seen an "Army Vehicle" color and build themed SC? (example: Flat OD green paint, white star on side, stenciled letters and numbers, stripped interior with "****-pit" vibe)

((No links, kinda spammy looking))

Thanks to all that may answer any of these questions, haters keep it to yourself! Thanks

Last edited by neurocity; 11-23-09 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-23-09, 05:45 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by SCidWayz
Whats up all, I am new to this forum and I will be honest I haven't even looked through them too much. So I am sure that the answers to my questions could be out there in these forums, but whats the harm of having the answers come to you.

Thanks to all that may answer any of these questions, haters keep it to yourself! Thanks
Seriously?...since you admit to not even looking through the threads to find the answers. And blatantly saying you would like the answers to come to you. Let me be the first to welcome you and light you up, telling you to use the search feature. We all did it...well most of us. And you can too.

I say this cause I'm a haters...Iz hates tha lazy peoples!

Here ya go...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/search.php?f=6

You write in search words (key words to things you are looking for) on the left.
Then choose a section you would like the search bot to search in. (This narrows it down significantly)
Then hit "Search Now". It works, I swear! Try it!

Last edited by neurocity; 11-23-09 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-23-09, 05:54 PM
wagomaniac
Lexus Test Driver

^^^^ damn! hahahaha.... thats how it goes
Old 11-23-09, 05:59 PM
imarshall
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SCidWayz

Quick info about my SC3: 1995 3.0 I6 2JZ-GE- Auto/Trans. STOCK!

So on with the questions:

Q: What aftermarket brand of coil-overs work best for the SC300?

Depends on what you want. Stance makes some good coilovers.

Q: Is Cusco brand a good quality front upper sway bar?

No clue.

Q: With budget in mind, (not ebay brand), what is the best turbo kit that you recommend for the 2JZ-GE-? (Obviously TT would be awesome, but I am asking about brand quality)

Depends on your budget. You didn't state if it was high or low. XS power makes a decent cheap and reliable turbo setup.

Q: I know many exhaust brands, which brand would you prefer, with performance, sound, and budget in mind?

Flowmaster or magnaflow are good. Alot of people here rock Blitz Nur Spec's or Apexi World sports.

Q: I will be doing a 5speed conversion, W58 or R154?

Are you keeping the 2jz-ge? If so your w58 is just fine. If your boosting, change your clutch and so on. Stock clutch will slip.

Q: Isn't the R154 tranny paired with the 7mgte, if so will it work bolted up to the 2JZ-GE? Possibly needing the 2JZ bellhousing?

Not a clue.

Q: During the 5speed conversion, will the ECU have to be swapped with a manual programed ECU?

You don't need to use a manual ecu if all your doing is auto to manual swap. Search "auto to manual" and you'll find out what needs to be done.

Q: Has anyone seen an "Army Vehicle" color and build themed SC? (example: Flat OD green paint, white star on side, stenciled letters and numbers, stripped interior with "****-pit" vibe)

Naaaa

((No links, kinda spammy looking))

Alot of questions can be answered by searching.
Old 11-23-09, 10:31 PM
FuMoFFuTT
Lexus Test Driver

^ yepppppppppppp
Old 11-23-09, 11:18 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahaha this tickle me...