SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Ok, help me get out of this ****!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-02, 09:53 AM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you appeal to the DMV driver safety division? And did you do it after you lost a normal trial in court?

Jason
Old 05-11-02, 10:24 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I did so after court. I was sent through the standard rocket docket because my trial was so far away i didn't want to reschedule it and come back. The court session was too casual and fast paced, it was like herding cattle. I couldn't make a case for myself for the life of me. There were basically 40 people there on trial. The judge called your name up, you made your plea at the podium, he signed your docket papers, baliff confescated your driver's license and gave you a copy of the forms.

The ****ing bastard judge didn't even have the common decency to look at you when you talked to him or respond to your explanation. After hearing your case, he'd write some crap, then give you his judgement

This was perhaps the most bull***** excuse for a court I've seen. They made me arrive at 9am, not to sign in, just to wait. My court time was 1pm, but because I "had" to be there at 9am sharp, I left home at 4am. I didn't even have to be there in truth. They could have just mailed me the verdict since EVERY LAST PERSON in court received guilty without any reduction in penalties. I feel the only reason that circus court exists, is to ***-ram me the extra mile with $200 in court fees and public humiliation.
Old 05-11-02, 10:34 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Oops, I guess I never answered your question! , You have to call the DMV's 800-number and find a local safety board near you. You call them up and set up another court date. It's more like a taped interview with a parole officer is what it is.

What you have to do is prove to the guy that you are truly remorseful, acknowledge and isolate the faults in your driving style, show him that you can change them, show him that you had a semi-legitimate reason for all of your violations, and show that you will be incapacitated without a license. I told him that all my tickets were attributed to poor lifestyle habits, procrastination and lateness to work and school. I said that I thought I could make up for lost time on the road. Then I realized that by getting up earlier in the morning to preparing things the night before would be a better approach. I told him that I went to school 11 miles away from home and worked 7 miles away. I also mentioned that there is no public transportation near my work or home. I went on about all my financial expenses and how I needed a job to support myself. How carpooling to school would mean I had to choose my classes based on my ride's schedule and not by my major. What else? Oh yeah, mention that you understand that driving is a priveledge, not a right, and now that you've lost your license you can appreciate that priviledge much more. Then say you you never fully understood the gravity of your poor driving habits until now. Blah, blah, blah, so on and so forth...

Last edited by lex400sc; 05-11-02 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-11-02, 10:48 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

lex400sc, props, you're a world class bull***** artist.
Old 05-11-02, 11:05 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
lex400sc, props, you're a world class bull***** artist.
Old 05-11-02, 11:59 AM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

Thanx lex, I just hope that appealing to the dmv works here to, I also have a phd in bull****ting

Do I need to appeal through the court though? For instance do I need to tell the court that Im appealing to the DMV or anything like that?

Jason
Old 05-12-02, 01:31 PM
chrisngrod
Driver School Candidate

Default Here in Texas...

I've heard two things here in Texas:
Radar guns must be checked for accuracy within the last 30 days or so....
You can only get a ticket with a stationary radar gun reading or the cop has to have been following you at a steady speed for 4-5 seconds to judge your actual speed (with a radar gun).

-----
92 SC400 (wrecked in 95)
93 Eldorado w/ Northstar
Old 05-12-02, 02:02 PM
SDSC300
Lead Lap

how come when I post a thread about a Lexus sc stereo install it gets moved ...but when someone else post about braking the law, the thread gets to stay here ... are you moderators hypocrites? shouldn't it be somewhere else ... please enlighten me?
Old 05-12-02, 02:24 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

I didn't move anything... It could have been a super moderator, some guys can moderate any forum on CL. Sorry it happened though. Next time, you could make a note in the thread to keep it in the forum and hopefully it works out.