SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

spontaneous purchase... new look

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-09, 02:53 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
This is ClubLexus. We do NOT talk about new mods without posting pics!
Remember where you are!
Plus, I wanna see what a Shine kit looks like.
Shine is the Autocouture replica kit.

Originally Posted by stevechumo
I think he's teasing us by not responding. LOL.
He responded to your price question a couple posts above ya
Old 11-28-09, 05:00 PM
DvSiR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we want the pics man!
Old 11-29-09, 01:43 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SCboy
..He responded to your price question a couple posts above ya
I just saw it. Thx.

$1200 isn't too bad considering there won't be too much work involved to make it fit, secured, and look like OEM. If a body kit can be installed and painted by any body shop with good fitment, security, and look, then that kit has very high quality. Most regular body shops just don't bother to fix the flaws on the kit or secure it right.
Old 11-29-09, 02:21 PM
soulific
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Sorry about not having any pics yet. I installed the front bumper last night. Im gonna go try to install the skirts right now. Ill have pics by tonight.

I would of had the thing completely on but I had/have to spend time with my fiance. Those is a relationship know what I mean. Her sitting there with a cranky look on her face while i work on my car doesnt make it enjoyable and relaxing as it should.

The skirts seem to be slightly off. But hopefully Im worng and screwing it in will solve the issue.

some pics tonight!
Old 11-29-09, 05:07 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

The user on here with the original Shine kit said he did some sanding for the side skirt fitment. Something about the door touching the top of the skirt. That my be your fitment issue.
Old 11-29-09, 07:07 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by soulific
I was feeling down, I just got fed up with life in general and needed some cheering up.

I had to call my buddie who had a truck. his tundra has a bed cover so it made getting the thing home difficult since the kit was taller then the bed know matter how it was placed. The lid would either close and smash the kit, or fly all the way up and move/shake. We figured something out with rope and supplies we bought at the big lots down the street.
Congrats on the kit
Tundras are plenty big, I'm surprised you had a hard time. I picked up a kit and hood for my GS in a Ranger once, it too had a bed cover. Now that was a tight squeeze, and had to drive 2.5hrs. But I have an even better one, 3 guys 1 GS kit, 1 IS kit and some fender flares, are you ready? In a 1g Scion XB from San Diego to Las Vegas. Luckily I was the one selling the kit that time
Old 11-29-09, 07:21 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 383 Likes on 225 Posts

some pics tonight!
ok...it's tonight.

Pics or else!
Old 11-30-09, 01:23 AM
soulific
Advanced

Ok, I tried fitting the skirts today properly. I removed plastic molding and rubber piece on the door sill. I then tried fitting the skirt. It fit better but still not PREFECT. It fits 1,000,000 times better than the vis skirt I tried before though. The shine skirts are still acceptable as is, but for me its not perfect or like the front and rear bumper fitment.

Rather than trying to screw it in, i decided to wait and have a body shop fit it before they paint it. Didn't want to spend the time doing it when the body shop will probably redo it anyways. It seems to need shaving on both sides, that it. The skirt is not short like a cheap knock off that needs extending or fiber glass work. This is far from the case. Overall Im still happy with the kit. Even the original auto couture kit I heard needs slight adjustments.

Here are the photos as promised. I didnt screw in the skirts so I sacrificed a pair of nike airmax 1's to hold up the skirt on one side. I tried driving down the driveway and had a hard *** time. My little brother had to try with my shouting/guidance, and we finally got down without scraping, so with that said I will be raising my car unless some one who is a master of getting up curbs in their dropped car gives me some pointers. The car had to be parallel and we had to use the grass. To get up we had to go up reverse.

side

side

rear, i still need to use the bolt strip and nuts from the old bumper for more securement

front , still need to figure out how to mount the splash guard, or let the body shop do it

rear side, nice fit

need to source some fogs and a grill after the installation

the gap you see in the skirt is the area thats off. not a gap, after its pushed in the end sit a bit lower, not exactly flush with the body line

I don't really notice or am bothered by the high beam gaps everyone talks about, the bumper seems fine

gotta raise this thing

I just need to find a good shop to do the body work. If anyone knows of a good shop to do paint and kit fitment, maybe even full car respray let me know. Im located in los angeles 626 area, so some where near would be great. I realized I spent alot of money on this car within the short time owning it. I only had the car for only 3 months. I need to slow down . I need to do repairs on my daily driver. So after this kit is installed i'm gonna take it slow on the sc. Oh, I also have a rear roof spoiler coming this wednesday. so that would be the last part for a while.

Last edited by soulific; 11-30-09 at 01:44 AM.
Old 11-30-09, 02:11 AM
vinh
Lexus Champion

Kit is looking good. I think it's going to come out pretty awesome in that color. As far as bodyshop recommendation's go in the Socal forum a lot of people have a lot of good recommendations. I'm sure you could find one close to you by browsing through that forum a little bit.

What roof spoiler did you get and where did you get it from? I've been trying to find one for a while now but no luck.
Old 11-30-09, 08:09 AM
ecstaticSC
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The kit looks good on your car. Can't wait to see it painted.
Old 11-30-09, 09:29 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love that color SC..this should be hot!
Old 11-30-09, 06:06 PM
jvsc300
Lead Lap

the kit looks great man!!!
Old 11-30-09, 11:05 PM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

it is going to look so great when you are done with it... congrats!
Old 11-30-09, 11:21 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good man! Do all 3 cars have the same wheels ?
Old 12-01-09, 02:14 AM
soulific
Advanced

Thanks for the comments guys

Originally Posted by SCboy
Looks good man! Do all 3 cars have the same wheels ?
My volvo has work vs-xx, my bro's scion has work equip, we have a thing for gold wheels...lol

My girl has work vs-ss in gold on her tc.

Quick Reply: spontaneous purchase... new look