SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Did someone say a tan and black interior?....check!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-09 | 09:54 PM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

I feel ya RedPhoenix, I got a load of exams/papers to finish, don't know how everyone is done so early.

OP, great combo + your interior looks amazing!
Old 12-01-09 | 10:05 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
Am I the ONLY one who has 6 exams NEXT week? wtf and why is everyone finishing early...
Haha....well if it makes you feel better I do have 2 more exams next week I will be saying a few prayers for you till the end of next week

Originally Posted by vietunit
I feel ya RedPhoenix, I got a load of exams/papers to finish, don't know how everyone is done so early.

OP, great combo + your interior looks amazing!
Its crazy because some of my friends are pretty much done this week which sucks for me but great for them.

Thanks for the comment vietunit Really appeciate it!!!
Old 12-01-09 | 10:46 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

lookin' awesome bro! nice job
Old 12-02-09 | 12:22 AM
ahhyes300
Pole Position

Your work always impresses me PRS, good work. So does your car live at that car wash? lol
Old 12-02-09 | 12:50 AM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Looks great! A little bit too much wood on the center stack and speedo IMO, but the steering wheel makes up for it.
Old 12-02-09 | 09:40 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CCC-TT
lookin' awesome bro! nice job
Appreciate it man!!! Hope to see you around one of these days at a meet sometime soon.

Originally Posted by ahhyes300
Your work always impresses me PRS, good work. So does your car live at that car wash? lol
Thank you for the kind words I try my best to come up with quality ideas for this car as much as I can without breaking the bank.

As a matter of fact I wish it did live at a car wash!!!....haha. I go to this same place like at the latest once every two weeks or sometimes even once a week to clean the car. I'm pretty **** about it being clean Those guys should give me a student discount for going so often....haha.

Originally Posted by felixsc300
Looks great! A little bit too much wood on the center stack and speedo IMO, but the steering wheel makes up for it.
Thanks felixsc300 Interestingly enough I'm probably going to be getting rid of the wood shift plate and cup holder sometime in the near future so that way the whole center console is in black again. The one by the speedo is fine with me but I'm glad the 3 spoke saved it for me in your opinion
Old 12-04-09 | 01:58 PM
krippled
Driver School Candidate

This is one of the best one out there so far. I'm almost done with mine let see if I can compete. But I like what this man did. Very simply yet looks elegant. Did he replaced the dash board with the original black one?
Old 12-04-09 | 02:49 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by krippled
This is one of the best one out there so far. I'm almost done with mine let see if I can compete. But I like what this man did. Very simply yet looks elegant. Did he replaced the dash board with the original black one?
That compliment really means alot to me krippled Thank you very much. Can't wait to see yours when you get it finished!!!

I have to agree with you that Ramon did an excellent job and its funny because he is actually not even done yet! He told me the dye has to cure for several days and then this Sunday he is going to touch up a few stops and put conditioner to really make this thing look more elegant. I have only been in the car about 3 times this week but everytime I step in it I just sit there for a few seconds because the interior really does look better than I could have imagined.

To answer your question about the dash it was the original dark tan dash that he dyed black. Not only is the dash dyed black, he even dyed the dash while it was still in the car! Even my steering wheel he dyed black inside the car. He did a good job taping up the interior, but like I said everything in this car that is black right now was either dyed or painted flat black by myself and Ramon. The only thing OEM black are the hazard, temp, and volume buttons.
Old 12-07-09 | 09:50 PM
platano47
Driver

i honestly think it looks pretty sick. pm me with details on the whole job., im def. thinking of doing mine like that and do the wood black though.
Old 12-07-09 | 10:33 PM
platano47
Driver

if u can pm me the dye you used because im going to do this asap....would save me tons of money from buying all the parts black.
Old 12-08-09 | 12:12 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the compliment platano47^^^ Black wood would look sick with this interior setup. Sent you a pm on more info on this project.
Old 12-08-09 | 05:53 AM
LexFather

Very nice.

How did u do the seatbelts?
Old 12-08-09 | 10:52 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Very nice.

How did u do the seatbelts?
Thank you

Could not do the seatbelts unfortunately. Have to go with the real deal on those which sucks because they cost like an arm and a leg to get the full set. I guess its not that bad....I saved a ton of money on OEM black parts so buying OEM black seatbelts in the near future is not so bad.
Old 01-08-10 | 06:36 PM
soaringsc3
Pole Position

The interior looks fantastic.
But I was just wondering what were the steps and type of interior dye/dyes did you use.
Thanks

Last edited by soaringsc3; 01-08-10 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-08-10 | 09:31 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by soaringsc3
The interior looks fantastic.
But I was just wondering what were the steps and type of interior dye/dyes did you use.
Thanks
Thank you very much

I was only with Ramon for some of the time he was actually dying my interior pieces. I know for sure you need to use lacquer thinner to remove any armor all or contaminants on every piece with a clean white cotton towels that are disposable afterwards.

Next is he used SEM sure coat in black but I did not get which number it was and from what he told me that particular SEM can is not available to the open market.

Other than that it was a few coats of the SEM and just wait for it to dry and it was good to go.

Quick Reply: Did someone say a tan and black interior?....check!