SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Kit Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-02, 03:57 PM
ForNgoods
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kit Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well ladies and gentleman, i've finally saved up enuff money for my body kit. I'd love to jump in on that group buy for the autoconture kit but the fact that i dont live around the La area adds to the cost and puts it out of the limit i want to spend. that and i've had my eye on that bomex kit for a really long time now. So I need some help from anyone w/ a bomex kit. What i'm looking for is a company that i can order it from that has a good rep. meaning i want to order it and get it within at least 2 to 3 weeks of the time i ordered it. I hate companied that take your payment and make you wait months to ship out your order and give you nothing but excuses untill they do. So if anyone could please give me a good honest company to order my kit from i'll be your bestest buddy in the whole world and worship the ground you walk on.

Last edited by ForNgoods; 05-07-02 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-07-02, 09:22 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

there was a guy in my neck of wood selling one for hella cheap! i'll hit him up for ya and see if he still has them. would you be insterested in trading my do-luck side skirts for your bomex sides?
Old 05-07-02, 09:52 PM
ForNgoods
Lead Lap

thanks for the reply... as much as like that do luck kit of yours it's not really my style to mix match kits. sorry I like all aspects of the bomex kit except the 7th piece that covers the middle rear. it jus doesn't look right to me
Old 05-07-02, 10:03 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

hehe, worth a shot. what's the lowest that you found a bomex kit for?
Old 05-07-02, 10:19 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

there was a guy selling a bomex kit on www.recycler.com Unfortunately, he's in socal, i think. may be the same peron that do-luck is talking about
Old 05-07-02, 10:25 PM
ForNgoods
Lead Lap

well eveywhere i was looking was pricing it around 16 G's that includes the bumper, sides, rear pieces, and the spoiler but then trudremz jus informed me that he jus ordered his kit from gtautosport and he paid 1472(shipped) so i might jus go direction. he says that include the spoiler but i'll double check jus in case. but lemme know about ur connection to cuz i like to keep my options open.

thanks

Last edited by ForNgoods; 05-08-02 at 09:50 AM.
Old 05-08-02, 10:31 AM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go to bomexaero.com and look for the dealers in your area, that way you dont have to mess with shipping to your house and junk. the time you get it all depends on if bomex has it in stock. i waited i think a total of 5 weeks or so for my kit. but trust me its worth it.

Kevin
Old 05-08-02, 10:46 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

When I bought my kit I was torn between veilside and bomex. I eventually went with veilside but I ended up buying the bomex wing. Post some pics when complete! Good luck
Old 05-08-02, 10:57 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

howie is right. the guy that's selling it is letting the whole kit go for 1100, but i'm sure i can get him to lower the price.
Old 05-08-02, 12:39 PM
ForNgoods
Lead Lap

yeah well i could go to a shop around here but i dont really think they're many of them. Even if i did your right about not paying shipping but then u gotta pay the high mark up price plus tax which would probably put the kit in the $2000 range. plus i dont really trust those people. there was something going on around here w/ a lot of stolen integras and civic and this big chop shop operation i heard about so i think i'll try to keep my car as far away from these people as possible.

If that guy is selling that kit for that low i might consider it but i really hate to buy things second hand. I prefer new that way it's in perfect condition and if anything breaks it'll be my fault and not someone elses.

When i do get the kit i'm gonna wait like a month before i put it on to minimize the time for then till nopi. I dont wanna put it on and then park to close to a curb and take out the entire front of the kit. It may sound like i'm being paranoid but i've had so much bad luck w/ my car its almost a mathmatical certainty this will happen. If everything goes as planned i'll have the kit on by the begining of school next semister or maybe sooner if i grow impatient which will probably happened.
Old 05-08-02, 05:27 PM
lexlikenother
Pole Position

Default Good choice in bodykit, but what about the rims?

Hey ForNgoods, you rollin' on FOUR 19's yet? Haven't seen your car lately. I'm getting mine painted after exams next week, we can meet up after I get it done.
Old 05-08-02, 06:50 PM
ForNgoods
Lead Lap

hahahaha..... good one . Yeah, i had to wait on a 2 month long back order list but i finally got my rim on. rides like @$$ again but it's worth it for the look.

When ever u wanna meet up man jus give me a holla. my # here in BR is 709-6655. I live in tiger plaza. Jus ask for khang. well actually it's my fone line so it should be me picking up if i'm here. It jus occured to me that i dont even know ur name anyhow i'm gonna be up here for summer school too so anytime over the summer would be kool too.
Old 05-08-02, 07:20 PM
lexlikenother
Pole Position

Yeah, we never have exchaned names. Mine's John. But I just got back from Lowe's. Found the gutter gard stuff you told me about. I'm going to buy some after I get the bumper painted. Only problem I see is where to glue it at. For your bomex kit (if you get mesh) it should be easy because in the grill, I don't think there is anything in the way. But on my bumper there is this little piece in the center, with the bumper absorber behind it (just a little though). So there is no way I can put it in from behind like most people suggest to do.

On the body kit note though, are you going to keep the same green and try to match the body kit to it, or just repaint the whole car? And while you're at it, are you going to shave any emblems? I was thinking about taking the "lexus" and the "sc300" off so there would just be the "L" in the front and the back. It sux now b/c I'm sure more than half the people coming from head on don't know my car is a lex, with the symbol missing.

ONLY thing that held me back from the bomex kit, or any kit for that matter was the fiberglass aspect of it. I saw a purplish/pinkish integra on campus with the entire front alllllll f*@*!# up, like they hit a curb or something.

But I'll give you a call after exams, it's been hectic lately.
Old 05-09-02, 07:53 AM
ForNgoods
Lead Lap

well i'd love to repaint the entire car black but that will be dictated by price and all that good stuff. Otherwise it'll remain green. It's a funny thing u bring up the emblem subject b/c i was gonna save all the emblems off the back except the L. Hahahaa great minds think alike i guess.

As with the mess thingy. maybe I can take a look at it and figure out something that might help. but i like the way the factory front looks for the later model sc's. I've never seen one w/ mess on it.
Old 05-09-02, 08:26 AM
lexlikenother
Pole Position

Yeah, that's one of the main reasons I want to put the mesh there, b/c I haven't seen any (around here at least) with it. But I'm not the first in BR to do the 97 bumper conversion. There is a pearl white 95/96 with it done that I see driving around campus all of the time. Mine will be the only one without the foglamps though