SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Stupid.. Krazy.. But Still 100% Elite! **56k **

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-09, 09:02 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DvSiR
nope. definately not stupid or crazy. crazy is putting that ridiculously looking kit on a STREET car. Drift cars are for drift tracks! not for the street! its like dressing up like superman to go to work when everyone else is wearing suits. lol. i cant ****ing stand seeing ricey *** cars rolling around on the street like, "hey look at me!" like this one:

Thanks DvSiR, only a few people on this forum agree with my direction.
Old 12-13-09, 11:03 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know i agree with you 100%
Old 12-13-09, 11:54 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what exactly are your plans with that wide body kit? because if your going with the ac kit i will gladly buy the widebody off of you lol....my car is already dwp so yeah....just a thought lol.....send me pm if interested..
Old 12-14-09, 12:29 AM
benxd
Lead Lap

Your idea of elite is to part out a well built widebody Vertex SC to build a SC with fake Auto Couture? I see where the stupid comes from.
Old 12-14-09, 04:06 AM
jgdynamics
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by benxd
Your idea of elite is to part out a well built widebody Vertex SC to build a SC with fake Auto Couture? I see where the stupid comes from.
OMG!!! i have to agree. you stole the words right from me. Please change your board name. And you are going to get better fitting volk gts? why didnt you just pullthe fenders to match those volks and then put the AC kit. Shouldve just sold widebody sc and bought yourself a stock one.
Old 12-14-09, 07:44 AM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Again, my last post on this car when I bought the car was I bought it for the engine not for the racer boy look. Sold all the parts off the white one and swapped with my black one. Money back and the car I want. Fake AC or not. The fitment is all I care about, but this is not a post to go fake vs real.

Originally Posted by jgdynamics
OMG!!! i have to agree. you stole the words right from me. Please change your board name. And you are going to get better fitting volk gts? why didnt you just pullthe fenders to match those volks and then put the AC kit. Shouldve just sold widebody sc and bought yourself a stock one.
Those volks were purchased with the wrong offsets even on the widebody. I dont like to run adapters. Those volks are already sold also. If you would kindly point me to a USDM 2JZGTE 6sp in a stock exterior pre ODB1 97+ body with 100% mint black interior ill trade you =). 3 widebody cars already im good on anymore.

Alot of people have asked me why or which not. I just think if anyone liked the car so much, why didnt they just buy it..

Also the widebody kit was posted in classifieds for a huge price off the retail value + shipping, and I only got a handful of offers. The same people that yell and cursed me for taking the widebody kit off wont even put it on their own car. for almost 1/2 of the price.
Old 12-14-09, 10:41 AM
DvSiR
Lead Lap

YES! I like your style eliteskill! Who gives a **** if its authentic or not?? Fitment is all that matters. If you buy an "authentic" kit thats way over priced and then it fits like **** and your body guy wants to strangle you, than whos the idiot then? I guarantee you that from what ive seen with this AC whatever kit, so far, it takes a **** load of modifications to make it look good, around the hood area, hi beams, fog lights, pass. side skirt needs to shaved because it hits the ****ing door when you open it....and on and on. But I like it! lol. My point being, a penny saved, is a penny earned.
Old 12-14-09, 10:53 AM
czar07
Lead Lap

well a few of the guys down under had been researching the AC copy kit shine auto made, and apparently that doesnt need a lot of modification to fit..btw that widebody is brilliant...well was i guess lol
Old 12-14-09, 03:48 PM
SuprCilver
Driver School Candidate

Well built wide body SC? Sorry man but that SC is no where close to well built. They put the wide body on, didn't even cut and tub the fenders.. What's the point of having a wide body when you don't cut the fenders out and tub the ****. It looked cool, but couldn't wear the proper wheels, hence the reason why the stance is so horrible for a wide body.

It has a good swap, good interior, maybe good paint. But the body work to accomodate the widebody was a POS job.

A good widebody job; the fender work would look somewhere along the lines of this..

Old 12-14-09, 04:32 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

^ agreed my mr2 widebody was plasma cut and lined perfectly.

One thing i noticed while fixing the quarter panel and the inside.. of this car... looks like the car might have been hit before. there is welding that i cant explain. o_O I wish the owner told me that lol oh wells.. Its all sanded down and preped today. tomorrow will be paint!
Old 12-14-09, 04:48 PM
camberSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SuprCilver
A good widebody job; the fender work would look somewhere along the lines of this..
LOL

Do your thing Johnny, the car is going to look clean.....
Old 12-14-09, 05:32 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

lol milt. thats extreme widebody =) thanks for the comment. ill be sure to bring it by the 818 when its done.
Old 12-14-09, 06:30 PM
autoboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Yo Johnny Cant wait for the outcome of these project cause this car is going to be off the hook and who cares what people say its your money, yourcar, your choice
Old 12-14-09, 09:42 PM
RjBLayz
Lexus Test Driver

can't wait to see the outcome
Old 12-15-09, 10:32 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DvSiR
YES! I like your style eliteskill! Who gives a **** if its authentic or not?? Fitment is all that matters. If you buy an "authentic" kit thats way over priced and then it fits like **** and your body guy wants to strangle you, than whos the idiot then? I guarantee you that from what ive seen with this AC whatever kit, so far, it takes a **** load of modifications to make it look good, around the hood area, hi beams, fog lights, pass. side skirt needs to shaved because it hits the ****ing door when you open it....and on and on. But I like it! lol. My point being, a penny saved, is a penny earned.
Face it, some of the elitists on here can care less about how your kit fits and the end result of the project.

I am pretty much done with the debate of authenticity vs knock-off. All I know is that our kit fits very close to the real one (there are some minor deviations) and exceeds the real one in some aspects and I get excellent customer service/support from the manufacturer while costing me much less money. Therefore, I am more than happy with my purchase and have absolutely no hesitations to recommend it to anyone

Quick Reply: Stupid.. Krazy.. But Still 100% Elite! **56k **