SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Stupid.. Krazy.. But Still 100% Elite! **56k **

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-09, 10:48 AM
BigWaveSC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

comparing this car to a clean sc with a vertex kit is retarded.
Old 12-15-09, 11:26 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by DvSiR
YES! I like your style eliteskill! Who gives a **** if its authentic or not?? Fitment is all that matters. If you buy an "authentic" kit thats way over priced and then it fits like **** and your body guy wants to strangle you, than whos the idiot then? I guarantee you that from what ive seen with this AC whatever kit, so far, it takes a **** load of modifications to make it look good, around the hood area, hi beams, fog lights, pass. side skirt needs to shaved because it hits the ****ing door when you open it....and on and on. But I like it! lol. My point being, a penny saved, is a penny earned.
Just to get the issue straight here on the the AC "whatever" kit that you referred to. It does not need "a **** load of modifications to make it look good, around the hood area, hi beams, fog lights, pass. side skirt needs to shaved because it hits the ****ing door when you open it....and on and on" Get your facts straight before you post. The Shine Kit has the same issues as the original AC Kit and in both cases the issues are minor. If you want to bash an authentic kit look at the Wald Kit. I have an Authentic AC Kit and I also like the Shine Kit because of the flexibility it offers. Funny how people start bashing the original kit because there is a cheaper kit. Nuff said...
Old 12-15-09, 12:02 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cherplex
Just to get the issue straight here on the the AC "whatever" kit that you referred to. It does not need "a **** load of modifications to make it look good, around the hood area, hi beams, fog lights, pass. side skirt needs to shaved because it hits the ****ing door when you open it....and on and on" Get your facts straight before you post. The Shine Kit has the same issues as the original AC Kit and in both cases the issues are minor. If you want to bash an authentic kit look at the Wald Kit. I have an Authentic AC Kit and I also like the Shine Kit because of the flexibility it offers. Funny how people start bashing the original kit because there is a cheaper kit. Nuff said...
You are correct, they have pretty much the same issues as a few AC owners have confirmed on here.

I think most of the new guys bash on the authentic one is because of how some of the owners of the real AC kit feel about the Shine kit. They bash on the Shine as being a rip-off, knock-off, junk etc regardless of its fitment and quality. Some even went on to say that those who rock the replica kits "should be ashamed of themselves for calling themselves car enthusiasts"

So in response, those who support the Shine kits argue that they are smarter than the other group because they paid much less for a product of equivalent quality and call the other group idiots for paying for just the name brand.
Old 12-15-09, 12:21 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by eliteskill
Again, my last post on this car when I bought the car was I bought it for the engine not for the racer boy look. Sold all the parts off the white one and swapped with my black one. Money back and the car I want. Fake AC or not. The fitment is all I care about, but this is not a post to go fake vs real.
You know if the Shine was not available I would of bought the real AC anyways.... my issue was time and accessibility to parts.. which is why i went with Shine.. the place is 30min away from me to pick it up... I care about fitment. It has to look nice on my car. shouldnt matter IF i made it from homedepo... or does people wanna start fighting over people doing homedepot lips vs getting a real lip..

Being it cars or houses or anything else.. aftermarket is aftermarket.... we all have bought something real name brand.. and also something offbrand... so everyone here that bashes on each others choices..has never gone and picked up the other brand cuz you thought "hey its only papercups or its a rebuilt alternator or used a different oil filter that was not OEM?" *enter example here* and the other way around... we always all swear by LEXUS, and would frown on anything else... please... we all have done it once or twice.. each to their own

if the glove dont fit.. ill go back to 97+ no big deal on my part, but so far the gloves fit

I just want my car FINISHED <3 everyone?

Last edited by eliteskill; 12-15-09 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-15-09, 12:25 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Can't wait for the finished one.. I remember seeing the wide body SC for sale not to long ago.. Should look tight once completed.. GL..
Old 12-15-09, 02:05 PM
DvSiR
Lead Lap

If you charge a premium price, you better produce a premium product. Vertex kits fit perfect. Big Win kits fit perfect from what Im told. Its like having a turbo kit that costs $6000 and fits like ****. Youd be pissed if you spent that much and it fit like ****! Just ask me!

Last edited by DvSiR; 12-15-09 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-15-09, 02:16 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's your car, do your own thing! Good luck bro !
Old 12-17-09, 10:47 AM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

I knew everyhing was going too smooth to not run into problems..... The shine bumper is hitting my intercooler...I already cut the fender I do not want to cut a $1200 body kit... in case i want to remove or change up the looks of the car later on i dont want a hole on the side of it... anyone have any experiance with aftermarket kits and intercoolers? btw.. im running the side mount

i might have to deal with the cutting/get a front mount/go a different direction

Last edited by eliteskill; 12-17-09 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-17-09, 11:42 AM
vinh
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by eliteskill
I knew everyhing was going too smooth to not run into problems..... The shine bumper is hitting my intercooler...I already cut the fender I do not want to cut a $1200 body kit... in case i want to remove or change up the looks of the car later on i dont want a hole on the side of it... anyone have any experiance with aftermarket kits and intercoolers? btw.. im running the side mount

i might have to deal with the cutting/get a front mount/go a different direction
You shouldn't have to trim that much to get the sidemount to fit would you? Mostly the area around the passenger side fog? I don't think the trim area would be visible from the outside.
Old 12-17-09, 12:08 PM
Garage7RP
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice progress.
Old 12-17-09, 09:05 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the whole issue of fake vs real is people with real kit understandably hates to see people with the same style and calling them real or better than real and advertising the fake product online, which is what people are doing here. IMO praising fakes is not good, it doesn't matter how good it fits. That's like girls with fake LV's going to the mall and telling every other girl to buy fakes. A fake is a fake, doesn't matter how good it fits.

For people with fake, they want to prove that it's just as good to justify buying fakes or whatever, calling themselves smarter for doing so, they feel better thinking that it's really REAL, defending their fakes. Most people on here with fake shine will post a build thread, and unless someone ask if it's real or not, they won't tell you in their first post that it's a Shine kit

Johnny, take the chance and upgrade to FMIC! Your car is going to be sick! I can't wait to see the car! 6-spd USDM 2jz, what more can you ask for?

Last edited by FormosaSC; 12-17-09 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-18-10, 09:23 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Teaserzzzzzz rain weather horrible for paint.. and this week is no different..
before...

now...

alot of plans crashed n burned going BPU+ this year and probly keeping it 97+ clean and sleeper.
Old 01-18-10, 09:24 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yay for paint! I'm getting giddy
Old 01-18-10, 09:34 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

nice and shiny black paint!

MORE PICS!
Old 01-18-10, 09:44 PM
soulific
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

looking good!

everyone is getting their WHOLE car repainted. I wish I had the funds.

Quick Reply: Stupid.. Krazy.. But Still 100% Elite! **56k **