SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Omg rwd sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-09, 12:42 PM
Kingsoup
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are you 16? summer tires on any car work like crap in winter, put them on a civic and you'll still suck around all day. RWD sucks, HAH, get some snows already, although RWD is owned by FWD in the snow, even on a good RWD with LSD.

Sweet pic in Quebec! thats some high snow!
Old 12-21-09, 12:42 PM
Neil4Speed
Driver

I was a little concerned about having RWD with out snow in Calgary buy overall it has been just fine. I have some old new (Arctic Alpin) tires and made it around just fine everywhere. Traction control has been nice, and the only time I got myself in trouble was because I disabled the snow mode (Which works surprisingly well). I had to pick up my girlfriend when her 550i was unable to cope with the ice a couple fridays okay. Overall has been a positive experience.

Otherwise it has been a blast, the low clearance on the SC is kind of a ***** too though lol!
Old 12-21-09, 12:48 PM
Rookie

Originally Posted by Kingsoup
What are you 16? summer tires on any car work like crap in winter, put them on a civic and you'll still suck around all day. RWD sucks, HAH, get some snows already, although RWD is owned by FWD in the snow, even on a good RWD with LSD.

Sweet pic in Quebec! thats some high snow!
that winter we received about 6 meters/20 feet of snow in Quebec City ahah we beat all records
Old 12-21-09, 01:22 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
i dont wanna sound like a **** but you need to learn how to drive and get right tires. i have driven my SC300 5spd(no traction control) for 3 years in chicago winters with no issues. this winter is the first time i had blizzacks.

btw my sc has a welded diff too. one of the best things i have ever done to the car. in the winter(fisrt year) the car was 1 wheel drive.
All true, this guy was driving through snow blown middle of nowhere farmland.

I drove my SC in the snow all the time.
Old 12-21-09, 03:54 PM
madmax98
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodremz
worst suggestion i have read in a very long time...the right tires and driving experience will solve the issues, it just takes some time
It was meant to be sarcastic dude!!!!! After all, i think the problem lies in the driver. Add the lack of skill to summer tires and you got a problem, it's not the car!!!

Last edited by madmax98; 12-21-09 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-21-09, 04:44 PM
bryan767
Lexus Test Driver

im on the eastern shore of maryland. we got about 20 inches of snow, and im lowered. i still havnt had a problem hah. well after i plowed and shoveled and salted
Old 12-21-09, 05:08 PM
sliva001
Lead Lap

He said its his first RWD car. You need to learn how to drive in snow and yes god invented snow tires for snow.
Old 12-21-09, 05:54 PM
b1ackhawk
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as others have stated poor traction is not a fwd/rwd issue. traction is all about the tires. With GOOD all season tires on my sc400, chicago winters are not a problem. Winter tires are even better. Blizzaks on my sc400 are better than my a4 quattro with mediocre all seasons.
Old 12-21-09, 06:27 PM
DJ420a
Pole Position

I live about 30 minutes from Baltimore and got about 2.5 to 3 feet aswell. Wierd thing is, I didnt have any problems...

...ohhhhhhh thats right, I was in my 4x4 Ram I had a balllllllll lol

Lexus sat and still sits at my shop lol
Old 12-21-09, 07:21 PM
24boosted
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hrmmm, come into a forum full of RWD enthusiasts, track, autox, drifter members and post a titled thread "RWD Sucks." Then tell us you drove in the snow in summer tires. Genius.
Old 12-21-09, 09:16 PM
ALLWiTE2JZ
Lead Lap

LOL! You guys are funny. You know, you guys really don't have to bash me or my thread criticizing me saying I don't know how to drive a RWD car, or a car in general for that matter. Because I'm pretty sure that I can outdrive most of these kiddies on this forum with FWD OR RWD. And I already know that I'm not as experienced with driving a RWD car IN THE SNOW as you guys are; since you guys have probably owned your SCs for years and I have owned mine for 3 months. Atleast I'm willing to admit that much, instead of getting defensive or arrogant like the rest of you people. Second off, like I said in my last post, its all a learning experience going from FWD to RWD. Third off, I needed to get where I was going that day so I had no choice but to ride on the wheels/tires that I currently have (I have no other set of wheels or tires at the moment). Fourth off, I'm getting new wheels/snow tires within the next week or two so it's not a big deal. The problem will be solved for the next time we get snow around here. When I started a thread that said "OMG RWD SUCKS!", I didn't mean that RWD LITERALLY SUCKS, because I know that RWD is usually better than FWD in normal driving conditions. It was ACTUALLY kind of a figure of speech about me being upset with my experience with driving a RWD car in the snow for the first time. Anyone with common sense would have known that from reading the title, and been like "WTF does he mean RWD sucks?" and opened the thread and saw that it was merely just me being upset and complaining about my PARTICULAR experience. It WASN'T anything personal against drifters or anything. You guys just took this thread way too seriously. A "damn that sucks" kind of reply would have done just fine. But I guess people tend to run their mouth a little more on the internet than they do in person.
Old 12-21-09, 10:54 PM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

Ahh, just move to SoCal.
Old 12-22-09, 04:36 AM
NemeGuero
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rooticon
LOL! You guys are funny. You know, you guys really don't have to bash me or my thread criticizing me saying I don't know how to drive a RWD car, or a car in general for that matter. Because I'm pretty sure that I can outdrive most of these kiddies on this forum with FWD OR RWD. And I already know that I'm not as experienced with driving a RWD car IN THE SNOW as you guys are; since you guys have probably owned your SCs for years and I have owned mine for 3 months. Atleast I'm willing to admit that much, instead of getting defensive or arrogant like the rest of you people. Second off, like I said in my last post, its all a learning experience going from FWD to RWD. Third off, I needed to get where I was going that day so I had no choice but to ride on the wheels/tires that I currently have (I have no other set of wheels or tires at the moment). Fourth off, I'm getting new wheels/snow tires within the next week or two so it's not a big deal. The problem will be solved for the next time we get snow around here. When I started a thread that said "OMG RWD SUCKS!", I didn't mean that RWD LITERALLY SUCKS, because I know that RWD is usually better than FWD in normal driving conditions. It was ACTUALLY kind of a figure of speech about me being upset with my experience with driving a RWD car in the snow for the first time. Anyone with common sense would have known that from reading the title, and been like "WTF does he mean RWD sucks?" and opened the thread and saw that it was merely just me being upset and complaining about my PARTICULAR experience. It WASN'T anything personal against drifters or anything. You guys just took this thread way too seriously. A "damn that sucks" kind of reply would have done just fine. But I guess people tend to run their mouth a little more on the internet than they do in person.
No, I talk just as much ***** in person as I do online. I promise.
Old 12-22-09, 11:32 AM
ALLWiTE2JZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NemeGuero
No, I talk just as much ***** in person as I do online. I promise.
Good for you sweetheart.
Old 12-22-09, 12:16 PM
NemeGuero
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks babycakes.

Did you post your car in the

"pics of SC's stuck in the snow" thread?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...snow-pics.html

Quick Reply: Omg rwd sucks!