SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

D2AUTOSPORT back to grass roots: SC300 Content

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-10 | 08:51 AM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Default D2AUTOSPORT back to grass roots: SC300 Content

Hey guys, as some of you may know D2AUTOSPORT.com got it's start with the lexus community back in 2004. Derrick and I at the time both owned lexus vehicles so it was logical that if we were going to start an aftermarket product based business then we should start with our own.

Once known as DGOT20's Derrick's user name on CL was changed to D2AUTOSPORT and I kept my user name stefwilli. We quickly began to become the go to guys of Clublexus for wheels, aero kits, suspension, exhaust, etc... With much success on Clublexus we began to branch out to the euro communities. The same result happen with the euro guys, they embraced us with open arms, using our services time and time again.

As the years went pass we began to branch out to the american muscle communities and the exotic car communities as well. With all the growth and spreading it was difficult to keep up with the newest and latest developments within every car community. We began to loose some of our connection with our core customer bases, mainly the place we got our start, Clublexus.com

In efforts to get back to our beloved lexus community we have just picked up a 92 lexus SC300 as a shop project car. We will be featuring this build from A-Z with detailed write ups on the products we will be using, Hi Res images, and monthly product features. We will even include some DIY projects for those that want to learn the how to of their vehicles. Please feel free to take part in our project with suggestions, comments, and questions. Please keep in mind that D2AUTOSPORT.com is mainly an aesthetic based retailer, therefore there will be no performance aspects of this build.

Below are pictures of our project to come:

Old 01-13-10 | 09:04 AM
GKourp
Rookie

Can't wait to see how this turns out. You guys picked up a great base, that car is beautiful for what it is.
Old 01-13-10 | 09:21 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

cant wait to see this build and I know it gonna be rockin some D2 wheels. Is this going to be a performanced based build or luxury ?
Old 01-13-10 | 09:45 AM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
cant wait to see this build and I know it gonna be rockin some D2 wheels. Is this going to be a performanced based build or luxury ?
Thanks guys, and yes it will be a luxury build being that we don't do anything engine related at D2. As for the wheels this car will not be getting a D2FORGED wheel simply because the wheels alone would almost take up the entire budget, lol. We are building a very realistic daily driver car that almost every one can afford to build on their own.

This build has a $6,000 budget total which includes:
Wheels
Tires
Suspension
Body Kit
Exhaust
Lighting Upgrades
Tint
Major Clean up
Small Interior needs
Old 01-13-10 | 09:57 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

awww yeah i cant wait to see this leave that blue too
Old 01-13-10 | 10:05 AM
LiCelsior
Retired
CL Folding 500000

GL with this build Stef, this is going to be a nice one.
Old 01-13-10 | 10:08 AM
sc5sdanny
Lead Lap

nice and clean car to build...
Old 01-13-10 | 10:20 AM
Wheel_Man
Lead Lap

Wow!!! Looking forward to the progress of your SC
Old 01-13-10 | 10:20 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Stef, I was suprised and happy when I got the call about D2 picking up a SC. That's a very rare blue, can't wait to see how it will turn out. About that stuff we spoke about, you're first in line just let me know what's up.

*cough* boost it......
Old 01-13-10 | 10:40 AM
nysupraman
Racer

aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite......lookin forward to what you do with this stef
Old 01-13-10 | 11:24 AM
ashtray
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cherplex

*cough* boost it......
+1. and keep the paint! or just redo it.
Old 01-13-10 | 11:28 AM
pmack400
Driver School Candidate

great car, and when you're finished with this one you can start on mine,lol.
Old 01-13-10 | 11:35 AM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Originally Posted by cherplex
Stef, I was suprised and happy when I got the call about D2 picking up a SC. That's a very rare blue, can't wait to see how it will turn out. About that stuff we spoke about, you're first in line just let me know what's up.

*cough* boost it......
Originally Posted by ashtray
+1. and keep the paint! or just redo it.
Come on guys with this boost stuff, lol. This car will be clean, low, and slow, boost is not in the budget neither is it necessary for what we need out of this car.

Originally Posted by pmack400
great car, and when you're finished with this one you can start on mine,lol.
That's the idea, do this one and on to the next one.
Old 01-13-10 | 12:02 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Stefwilli
Come on guys with this boost stuff, lol. This car will be clean, low, and slow, boost is not in the budget neither is it necessary for what we need out of this car.
Come on now! 1-Hovas are quite cheap these days! If sticking with auto, could do it for $1k!

Either way, I'm in. Good luck with the build and please please please, get rid of that pin stripe!
Old 01-13-10 | 12:45 PM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Hey Stef,

I was very pleased to hear you were getting back into the Lexus game. Through the years we have kept in touch and enjoyed conversations as true auto enthusiasts. You've made a great choice for a reliable project car and wish you good luck. Please feel free to give me a shout if you need any help. I've always thought of CL as more of a community than just another faceless forum.

Quick Reply: D2AUTOSPORT back to grass roots: SC300 Content