SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Garage Club photoshoot with baby Vinh

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-10, 07:49 PM
benxd
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garage Club photoshoot with baby Vinh

I’ve been meaning to post these pictures and do a write up for a while but I’ve been busy with a few other things.

So chrispy (Chris), ElitistK (Kenny), and I had planned on getting together for a photoshoot for a while. For some reason our cars are never complete at the same time. With more parts coming in from Japanland, we thought it would be nice to take some pictures before our cars go under the knife again. I hadn’t gone home to LA in over half a year so we planned to get together on Christmas Day and catch up. We didn’t really have any set plans but playing everything by ear turned out to be tons of fun.

The plan was for me to drive an hour from La Jolla to Kenny’s place in Dana Point and take photos there. Chris, being the lazy guy that he is decided to forego the trek down from his place in OC.

Forget Wheaties, this is the true breakfast of champions. I had to wake up at 9 and wash my car. Apparently La Jolla doesn’t buy into the whole global warming shabang because it was a balmy 40 degrees outside and my toes went numb. The things we do for our cars…

I made the one-hour drive up to Dana Point and Kenny and I immediately set out to take pictures. Rolling shots came first since we were going to do stationary shots with Chris.

I love this photo. If you look closely, the VW Bus has a surfboard sticking out from the rear window. The full Fabulous equipped GS with Bazreia’s probably helps too. By now the sun was up and it was a pleasant 80 degrees. So Socal.

It was around noon so we decided to go home to grab some lunch. Kenny's mom always has some delicious food laying around. We told Chris we would get to his place around 2 and made plans for dinner. Word spread and soon we had over 10 people joining us.

On the way back we rolled past this amazing car. Proper. Kenny’s neighbor has a nice Lincoln but it was gone by the time we returned. While driving I called Ray to see if he was free but he had family commitments. Chris called baby Vinh but Vinh was too busy with presents. I heard he got a gold plated Snow White Disneyland license plate frame.

Kenny and I got to Chris’ place and 30 seconds later Vinh shows up out of nowhere. Pretty ninja. We roll out to Brea and right as I leave, Ray calls me and says he’ll meet with us.

This is the outcome... Unfortunately the sun was going down way too fast and we left our tripods at home.
Improvised but pretty awesome.

That's the Garage Club building in the back.

Kenny’s car with full Fabulous kit sitting on Weds Kranze Bazreia. Chris and I give him a lot of crap for his 4x4 height so he lowered it. I think it can go lower.

Chris’ car, which needs no introduction. Before anyone asks, the wheels are Junction Produce Scara’s. Discontinued, yes.

And the new baby to the Garage Club family, Vinh! The three of us talked at length about having Vinh join the family and we’re glad he said yes. We all got down on one knee with a single white rose and Vinh jumped up and down like a school girl. Vinh and I need to swap wheels one day. Scara’s on the right side, Meister’s on the left side.

Guest appearance by Ray. His car is so subtle, so clean, sitting on Leon Hardiritt Orden’s.

We grabbed some dinner at Life Plaza and had a hell of a time angling around the speed bumps. My Christmas present was getting hit in the same spot on my front bumper as last time. Asian drivers…

I was going through some old pictures and found this one.

Here's the updated look. I put the snowman back on for Christmas.

Diamond Bar roads are amazing and they repave them every two years. The roads are so nice that I decided to lower my car another inch. I got away with it for a few days. Unfortunately, this was short lived because I was pulled over right before I got home because my car was deemed too low. Kind of funny because Chris got cited a few weeks earlier got a ticket. All I had to do was raise my car on the spot. My fronts were all the way down to the tire curb guard.

That's it for now. Until next time...

Last edited by benxd; 01-19-10 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-15-10, 07:53 PM
HeisLegend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Photos are lookin' legit!!!
Old 01-15-10, 08:09 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess you're no longer selling your car! Looks sweet...
Old 01-15-10, 08:10 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ur missing a 3rd sc lol tell kenny n chris i sayed whats up
Old 01-15-10, 08:14 PM
24boosted
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Composition of the pics look good, post editting not bad either. Are you using an SLR? In some of the pics, the focus is off.
Old 01-15-10, 08:15 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

OHH sickness.......the sickness!!!!!!
Old 01-15-10, 08:21 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

MMMMMMMMHMMMMMM CLEEAAAANN!!
Old 01-15-10, 08:22 PM
soulific
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by benxd

Diamond Bar roads are amazing and they repave them every two years. The roads are so nice that I decided to lower my car another inch.

No joke about the roads. Aren't they paving the roads now? Or is that walnut?? They only pave their roads. On a street, if the boundry is on the middle. They pave only one side. Leaving the other lanes crappy still. Rubbing it in the other cities face.

To OP, cars look great. Congratulations Vihn. Did you guys jump him in or make him do something to prove himself like a drive by or something also?
Old 01-15-10, 08:29 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Wow great pics...
Old 01-15-10, 08:32 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awww I'm happy for Vinh. Well deserved. He would jump and down like a little girl
Old 01-15-10, 08:35 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Wow very nice group.
Old 01-15-10, 08:37 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Dayyyyumm, wish we had more cars like that around north FL
Old 01-16-10, 08:18 AM
benzo555