SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Na-t feed lines?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-10, 07:06 PM
Holtspeed
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Na-t feed lines?

Ok, I have bin searching and haven't came up with what im lookin for...

You Na-t guys out there running your oil feed lines, i've seen taping the union bolt by the oil filter and i have heard you can use a sandwich in between the filter.... is anyone out there using that method?

If so, what one are using? Is there something i should look for when buying one?
pics always help too

thanks
Dale
Old 01-18-10, 05:13 AM
trancuongv
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by d32
Ok, I have bin searching and haven't came up with what im lookin for...

You Na-t guys out there running your oil feed lines, i've seen taping the union bolt by the oil filter and i have heard you can use a sandwich in between the filter.... is anyone out there using that method?

If so, what one are using? Is there something i should look for when buying one?
pics always help too

thanks
Dale
Sup Dale, I see that you are getting that boost itch now huh? I know Chris ( turbodremz) used a sandwich plate for his NA-T project and he said it works perfectly fine. I believed he said he got it for around 50 bucks or so, you can PM him for more details. I am still looking for Stance coilovers then I will be prepared to order that motor.
Old 01-18-10, 08:37 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

sandwich plate is for the loose just for getting oil for your turbo.
why interfere with your oil filter when you can get a dedicated line from the union bolt for your turbo.
I bought the union bolt from an IS300 from the dealer for very cheap, cheaper than a sandwich plate. It already has a hole there, no tapping was needed for me. plug and play.
I really don't see how you can beat that. you just use a 1/8 to -3AN or -4AN depending on the size of your lines and bam, no need to mess with your oil filter.

mines hasnt leaked a drop, and this method is cool cause you can use a T here and add oil sensors if you like.

please read: (just imagine it says line instead of pressure sensor)
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/oil...mod/index.html
Old 01-18-10, 12:13 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got a sandwich adapter..alisc3 is giving me second thoughts..lets see what happens.
Old 01-18-10, 12:47 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went with the sandwich plate for a couple of reasons..IF I ever decided to go back to N/A, I wouldnt have to replace the union bolt if tapped, or if I happened to lose it. Second, it has 2 auxiliary AN fittings to easily install oil pressure and temperature sensors when it comes time without having to install extra fittings.

Now as for it interfering with the oil filter or oil pressure or any other oil/mechanical related issues, never heard of any problems from people using sandwich plates, nor have I had any problems with it myself. Not saying its better or worse than tapping your union bolt, it just made sense with the convenience of having the extra outlets for oil related gauges later on, and it took less than 5min to install it, and like I said, IF I ever decide to go back to N/A, remove it, plug the pan and Im done.

Its personal choice really..spend a little more, and have something easy to install that doesn't require extra fittings for gauges, or spend less for the union bolt, and a few cents more for a "T" fitting for gauges..neither will interfere with oil pressure, or your oil filter or oil changes for that matter..its just $50 vs. $20(?) for the union bolt..
Old 01-18-10, 02:32 PM
SC300_704
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

even though i'm not turbo'd yet, i'm using it as a oil pressure for now and when i am turbo, i'll use the other holes for an oil feed for the turbo. i bought mines for like $30 or so from here http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/Oil-F...-Adapters.aspx
Old 01-18-10, 02:33 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Great way to put it Chris. Thanks.
Old 01-18-10, 07:26 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SC300_704
even though i'm not turbo'd yet, i'm using it as a oil pressure for now and when i am turbo, i'll use the other holes for an oil feed for the turbo. i bought mines for like $30 or so from here http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/Oil-F...-Adapters.aspx

same exact one I am using..just seems to be cheaper there than ebay.

Originally Posted by ashtray
Great way to put it Chris. Thanks.
no problem.
Old 01-18-10, 07:41 PM
Holtspeed
Driver

Originally Posted by cuonggs300
Sup Dale, I see that you are getting that boost itch now huh? I know Chris ( turbodremz) used a sandwich plate for his NA-T project and he said it works perfectly fine. I believed he said he got it for around 50 bucks or so, you can PM him for more details. I am still looking for Stance coilovers then I will be prepared to order that motor.
Whats up man, ya Im gettin it like a kid gettin chicken pocks haha, but ya im trying to gather alot of info and plan it out lil more as i get money, with being a little over 100k i think ill be ok and ya i want boost im sick of being slow haha

Anywho.. great info guys! Im taking both into consideration not sure yet but i have time to decide because im poor..
Old 01-18-10, 07:50 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Originally Posted by d32
Whats up man, ya Im gettin it like a kid gettin chicken pocks haha, but ya im trying to gather alot of info and plan it out lil more as i get money, with being a little over 100k i think ill be ok and ya i want boost im sick of being slow haha

Anywho.. great info guys! Im taking both into consideration not sure yet but i have time to decide because im poor..
you may be "poor" monetarily wise..but not class wise sir LEXUS FTMFW!
Old 01-18-10, 08:12 PM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I drilled and tapped my existing bolt, then used a copper line to the turbo. CHEAP and reliable. Same thing for the drain - copper. No leaks, no collapsing.
Old 01-18-10, 09:11 PM
1sxyrxy
Lead Lap

i drilled and taped mine, very easy. taped 1/8 thread to a -4 an feed. then just put a -4 on the turbo. bam done. if you ever go back to NA you can just buy a 1/8 plug and plug the hole