SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Windows wont work...

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-10, 11:14 PM
Justinizme
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windows wont work...

So as the title states, since the day I bought my car, the drivers nor passenger side window will go up nor down.. The buttons don't even sound as if they're actuating.. Fuse is good, not sure if there is power going directly to the switches themselves, but everything else in the handles work great..I.E:Locks,mirrors.. Kind of has me baffled, and with my daughter had just being born on the first of this month, it kind of is a necessity to have the ability for the windows to work.. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

-Justin
Old 01-23-10, 01:10 AM
blacksc
Pole Position

disconnect door harness and plug it back it . or bad regulators or check the swich it might be alil off snap it back in
Old 01-23-10, 08:45 AM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I just fixed my door problem. my windows had power but the ground wire was going bad. it would make this frying sound, kinda like a old sweeky door in your house that open really slow. It affected both doors & i made it to where the dome light wouldnt turn on when the door was open. lexus told me i needed a new door harness. does you dome light work? if not then you might have the same prob. there is a WHITE wire w/BLACK stripe that goes from your window switch, half way through the harness towards the door lock. @ that point there is a factor splice. that wire continues to the door lock where the " door open detection " sensor is. it also goes back through the harness back to the fuse box. I cut out the splice. made my own splice, & replaced the wire from the switch to the splice & back down to the fuse box, then i Y'd of the new wire & and grounded to the frame. done windows work & dome light back on. i had no windows for like 8mo killed me everytime i went through a drive through. hope this helps you too.
Old 01-23-10, 09:24 AM
Justinizme
Pole Position

Originally Posted by spdrcr771
I just fixed my door problem. my windows had power but the ground wire was going bad. it would make this frying sound, kinda like a old sweeky door in your house that open really slow. It affected both doors & i made it to where the dome light wouldnt turn on when the door was open. lexus told me i needed a new door harness. does you dome light work? if not then you might have the same prob. there is a WHITE wire w/BLACK stripe that goes from your window switch, half way through the harness towards the door lock. @ that point there is a factor splice. that wire continues to the door lock where the " door open detection " sensor is. it also goes back through the harness back to the fuse box. I cut out the splice. made my own splice, & replaced the wire from the switch to the splice & back down to the fuse box, then i Y'd of the new wire & and grounded to the frame. done windows work & dome light back on. i had no windows for like 8mo killed me everytime i went through a drive through. hope this helps you too.
Well, nothing like that... Thus far... LoL

Dome light works, door alarm works, just the windows won't actuate or make any kind of attempt to go down.. Going out to my parents house and going to put the car in the shop and take a look with the volt meter. Hopefully I can pin-point this down to atleast a switch or something.. It's just odd that both windows are doing the same thing..Well NOT doing the same thing more like it..
Old 01-25-10, 02:41 AM
Lexus082
Pole Position

What I would do first is to make sure the switches light up when you turn the parking lights/headlights on. I would also remove the door panels and test each window motor to start with. Just hook up 12v and a ground to the window motor harness. You can reverse the 12v and ground connections on the window motor harness and the motor should turn in the opposite direction. That way you can rule out the motor as being the problem. Since they both don't work you probably have a faulty switch or there's an issue in the wiring somewhere. But I would start by testing the motors and rule that out.