SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Smashed SC

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-02, 03:06 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or you could just leave the car how it is and tell people "That's what happened last time someone pissed me off and didn't let me in the club!!!"

Lex Luthor, that's a member's ride. "his_eminence" I believe.

Madmax, a deal that went sour

Hey VSsc400, was that a Kodiak bear?
Old 05-21-02, 07:33 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow...a BEAR? That's some CRAZY SHIAT! Let's see some pictures...I'm curious!
Old 05-21-02, 07:56 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The alarm was off asi was in a camping ground... The sunroof was on tilt and the windows were partially open to let in air... i had so muck kk because it was supposed to be "camp fire" food instead of smores but a few people were allergic...

In the San Gabriel mountains, right near bukhorn and chilao, there are bears... in fact, its bear country, but no one really ties there food up anymore and lets it sit in the tree... i guess it was my open windows and tilted sunroof that did the trick.

Pics??? Im having one hard *** time gettin pics, yet alone, scanning and uploading... everytime i try to upload to a thread, it stops at 100, and then boom, nothing happens... thepost gets posted but w.o a pic...

When i try to send something through AOL, it reformats the file and does a whole lot of **** that pisses me off and makes me want earthlink...

If i dont get it fixed and sell it to the body shop, wherever it is right now, ill prolly buy an sc300... i really like clints and want his car...i think his car is so so so so phat...

BTW,
No shotgun... my parents would just have woken meup to let me know what happened.. but then they thought i would never go to sleep and be up all night till the crack of dawn...
Old 05-21-02, 09:35 PM
EmeraldLexuSC3
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
Post Hungry bears prefer meals in imported cars

YOSEMITE, California (CNN) -- Shrouded in an almost surreal blanket of fog and mist, Yosemite National Park's recent weather seems to have discouraged tourists -- but encouraged full-time residents of the woods to come out in the open to search for food.

Park rangers warn the few campers who brave the elements to be on the lookout for black bears. The big furry creatures account for a six-fold increase in car break-ins over the last six years.

Hundreds of bear-proof boxes are located throughout the park. Bears know they can't pry open the steel contraptions, but many visitors fail to use the boxes, leaving food in their vehicles instead.

Intelligent foragers with a keen sense of smell, bears skip the boxes and head for the autos -- which to them are little more than canned food containers -- ripping them open with powerful claws and teeth.

Bears raided cars at Yosemite more than 1,100 times last year alone, according to a new Park Service report. The study indicates that bears seem to prefer Honda and Toyota sedans.

"Bears don't know a Honda is a Honda. They don't know that a Toyota is a Toyota. They don't even know a car is a car," says Ranger Shelton Johnson. "They just see an object that has textures, that has smells, that has a physical surface. And sometimes within that physical surface there is food."

Shelton thinks bears like the Japanese imports because of their lightweight construction.

"It's just obviously more likely that a bear is going to break into the vehicle that's easier to get into," he says.

One generation of bear teaches the next the intricate skills of foraging, Shelton says. Bear mothers may even teach their cubs what shapes to target.

"The sow is a good parent and she teaches the young what to do, and if she's breaking into a particular type of shape or object, then there's a chance that the young will learn what she has taught," he says.

Bears only break in when they smell food inside a vehicle, Park Service officials emphasize. Yet despite signs posted throughout the park, visitors continue to tempt fate.

The ursine marauders (type of bear) average one car every eight hours. Last year alone, they ran up a car repair bill totaling $634,000.

Last edited by EmeraldLexuSC3; 05-21-02 at 09:46 PM.
Old 05-21-02, 09:44 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

The study indicates that bears seem to prefer Honda and Toyota sedans.

That would be my and all of your cars.... It wasnt Yosemite, but it was 7500 ft. high and it was pretty forest like.
Old 05-21-02, 09:47 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Toog4me, you may be the last person in the world that still uses AOL. Why pay $20 a month for phone modem service when you can pay $30 for CABLE MODEM and FREE EXTENDED CABLE TV? Or $40 a month for a very secure ADSL line and your very own IP (well on it's own subnet)? Then just transfer your AOL screen name to instant messenger and you maintain all your AOL contacts (minus the email address). I ditched AOL over 6 years ago and haven't been happier! BTW, speaking as a webmaster, AOL's web browser sucks major, major *****! If you're going to keep your AOL service, at least use IE6 or NS6 as your browser.
Old 05-21-02, 09:50 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

I have Adelphi DSL, but my parents are smart and block me from a lot of ****... we also have AOL because of email and i am actually able to do more on AOL then on normal internet, which i have... so i use aol... but i think the problem is that the server doesnt allow me to upload or some **** like that.. its ****ed up that my parents trust me with two cars but not on the internet, but thats a whole other story...
Old 05-21-02, 09:58 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

How do they block you? Are they using parental controls via your web browser or filters via a server/admin computer? There are ways around every filter For instance, if they block you from say Clublexus.com, all you have to do is take the DNS server IP, convert each number into hexadecimal, combine all four values, paste it as a string into the address bar and bingo! Not even government filters block that. I showed my cousin at West Point how to access all the sites he wanted to
Old 05-21-02, 10:00 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

AOl is parental controls... via internet explorer, they did it through internet properties, crushed them on that one, and then they did it through adelphias server... tell me how to bypass that ****... im not sure it would help though wheni upload a pic on cl, i think i need to be totaly unblocked... but let me know, for example, how i could get onto rotten.com, for say... its just a site that would be blocked that if i could get into, i could get into anything.
Old 05-21-02, 10:22 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

If you're not blocked from web anonymizers you can connect to them, assuming that it's not software and the censorship is actually server side. There may also be cracks for the server side or workarounds. Remember - the rules of any computer system (including the Matrix) can be bent or broken. There's ALWAYS a way.
Old 05-21-02, 11:13 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Well, my hex trick doesn't work on IE6, apparently Microsoft DID change something in IE5. It still works in NS6 though...

For Rotten.com (don't know why you'd EVER visit that site) try this in Netscape or IE 5.x...

NSLOOKUP shows rotten.com to have an address of 216.218.248.174

Some simple math...

http://3638229166 (decimal converted to hexidecimal, strung, and converted back to decimal)

http://216.119470 (dword simplified format)

If neither of those work, I could try a combo of decimal, hexidecimal, octal, and dword with some other obscure labels. If you have a very secure (expensive) firewall, it may be beyond my means...
Old 05-21-02, 11:24 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

the DNS server still thinks you're on crack The A records are for DDN IP address to CNAME resolution and back again with the PTR record. Ain't no hex translations.
Old 05-22-02, 12:05 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

MadMax, my method cuts the address records out of the loop because there is no need to associate a domain name (right?). However, shouldn't the pointer record be able to somehow translate a hexidecimal/octal/or otherwise internet protocol address into the point-decimal form in order to associate it to the corresponding canonical name? I come to this conclusion because it has always worked before (IE 4.0, IE4.5, IE5.0, IE5.1, IE5.5, NS4, NS5, NS5.7, NS6)--unless of course the translation/conversion was done inside the web browser??? Anyway, I'm confusing myself now, so I'll shut up. I'm not even MCSE/CCNA/etc certified so I'm probably talking out of my ***!
Old 05-22-02, 05:46 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by lex400sc
Or you could just leave the car how it is and tell people "That's what happened last time someone pissed me off and didn't let me in the club!!!"

Lex Luthor, that's a member's ride. "his_eminence" I believe.

Madmax, a deal that went sour

Hey VSsc400, was that a Kodiak bear?
don't know what kind of bear but it was one bad *** ****
Old 05-22-02, 10:32 AM
1BomexLex
Lead Lap

just to throw it out
my cousin was in north carolina hunting for deer with a bow and arrow....
and he came across a bear...and i guess he was threatened...and started
making a fuss .... so my cousin just put an arrow in the bow and shot him ... he said the bear kinda ran off and he followed
then he followed the blood...and there he was laying down dead below a tree....
and he took a pic of it so im not really makin this up
but ... i dont think it was one of those 12 foot bears you have over in cali.. it was prolly more like 6 feet tall

Quick Reply: Smashed SC