SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Smashed SC

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-02, 07:34 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smashed SC

I didnt know if this thread got posted cuz i couldnt find it... here it is...

Well, this weekend (thursday-today) my family and a bunch of family friends went campin in the San Gabriel Mtns, and the drive there was sweet... for 30 min, the road was so windy and fast, etc.

but damn am i pissed... i brought the SC up b/c it was only me in the car, and about 24 sierra mistyies, crispy kreme dougnuts, and a lot of other food, and i didnt think a bear would notice.

Wake up this morning at 7:30, the roof of my car is partially missing, the whole drivers side windows gone, the windshield-gone...

my trunk kinda chewed away, my spoiler happened to make its way to my tent area...

My parents told me they heard it but didnt want to wake me and they eventually scared the bears away...

DAMN AM I PISSED.. most of my add-ons not covered by insurance i can still take off... and get this- 432 dollars to tow the car back to la. and its only 45 miles away...

Dont know what im gonna do now, but im gettin an estimate to see how much damage was done...
Old 05-20-02, 07:41 PM
ChrisSC300
Pole Position

Unhappy

Ouch man. Thats truly sad. Dont bears have any respect for our rides, especially a 2k SC4 . That REALY sucks and its unfortunate. God luck with the repairs.
Old 05-20-02, 07:48 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Smashed SC

Originally posted by Toog4me
I didnt know if this thread got posted cuz i couldnt find it... here it is...

Well, this weekend (thursday-today) my family and a bunch of family friends went campin in the San Gabriel Mtns, and the drive there was sweet... for 30 min, the road was so windy and fast, etc.

but damn am i pissed... i brought the SC up b/c it was only me in the car, and about 24 sierra mistyies, crispy kreme dougnuts, and a lot of other food, and i didnt think a bear would notice.

Wake up this morning at 7:30, the roof of my car is partially missing, the whole drivers side windows gone, the windshield-gone...

my trunk kinda chewed away, my spoiler happened to make its way to my tent area...

My parents told me they heard it but didnt want to wake me and they eventually scared the bears away...

DAMN AM I PISSED.. most of my add-ons not covered by insurance i can still take off... and get this- 432 dollars to tow the car back to la. and its only 45 miles away...

Dont know what im gonna do now, but im gettin an estimate to see how much damage was done...
WTF? Your car got demaged by bears? That's a new one. Sorry man. As long as you're okay, then you can always get another car. I think your parents were right. This comes from someone who got chased by a brown bear once.
Old 05-20-02, 07:57 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

Well, i never thought it could happen... I saw pics of old beater cars gettin smashed, but never a lex or anything, and i didnt even think i was in such a bear country... guess i was wrong, and for that, my cars are never leaving asphalt. Im glad im alright, i was just extremely pissed esspecialy cuz i had to go home in a f+++++ tow truck...
Old 05-20-02, 08:29 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you implying that the bear can tell the difference between a hooptie and a Lex? They're not all as smart as Yogi, you know. Sux to have a bear eat your car, but why didn't you hang the food up in the trees like every other camper does? And what were you doing with that much Crispy Creme anyways? Not sure I wanna know.......
Old 05-20-02, 09:43 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

oh man dude that sucks, i feel for yous ince i was just in a wreck, but hey i wish my car was eaten by a bear. =]
Something to tell my kids when i have some. lol
Old 05-20-02, 10:23 PM
007lexus
Driver

Sorry to hear about your lex. I have a few questions:

1. Aren't our Sc pretty much air tight, did you have any windows or moon roof open?

2. If your parents would have waked you up, what could you have done? Did you have a shot gun?

3. Did the factory alarm sound? this is only if you still have it activied or replaced with after market one?

Still glad to hear your ok?

Old 05-20-02, 11:47 PM
SDSC300
Lead Lap

hmm I wanna see pics !!
Old 05-21-02, 12:57 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Your Lexus was mauled by a bear in LA? That's a new one on me! How the hell did it rip apart sheet metal and metal pillars? Got any pics?

007, Everyone in LA has a shotgun , but think if he missed the bear. :eek: ...
Attached Thumbnails Smashed SC-gs-fuck2.jpg  
Old 05-21-02, 03:03 AM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by lex400sc
Your Lexus was mauled by a bear in LA? That's a new one on me! How the hell did it rip apart sheet metal and metal pillars? Got any pics?

007, Everyone in LA has a shotgun , but think if he missed the bear. :eek: ...
Nice pic, been causing trouble with the Gambinos again?
Old 05-21-02, 04:35 AM
hoops_24
Pole Position

He wasn't after the food. He saw the SC and just wanted to sit in it.
Old 05-21-02, 05:57 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Max, no bears around here, but I used to live close to a couple of Gambinos, and went to school in Queens with Carlo's grandson. lex400sc, I hope that's no ones' GS that you know, nice spread on the buckshot, and yeah, a bear could rip through the pillars, though 007 brings up a good point about how well sealed these cars are, I hope you didn't leave the moonroof open Toog.....
Old 05-21-02, 07:31 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the biggest bear caught to date was 1600lbs and when its on its hind foot it can look eye level with the roof of a 1 floor house, so I guess that would put the bear about 12' tall on its hind leg to the head. the paw was 22 inches wide. it took 12 shots to bring the bear to death. Sorry for the damage to your lex. Its a good thing that you stayed in the house.
Old 05-21-02, 01:41 PM
silversc3
Rookie

now that some of the roof is missing, you might as well chop the top... or make it convertible...

it might end up cheaper than getting it fixed

and it'd look TIGHT
Old 05-21-02, 01:48 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by silversc3
now that some of the roof is missing, you might as well chop the top... or make it convertible...

it might end up cheaper than getting it fixed

and it'd look TIGHT
I diG

Quick Reply: Smashed SC