SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Single Exhaust with pics and sound Clip

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-10, 09:02 PM
Farino81
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not to be rude but dual exhaust on any car looks way better than single exhaust. I dont know what ur reason was for converting to a single exhaust but you can change it back now..lol..doesnt look good at all in my opinion
Old 02-01-10, 09:04 PM
Farino81
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Dustin2JZ
not exactly electrical tape. lol

None of my friends have been able to even tell until i pointed it out, they didn't even know it had a cut out on that side factory

But I Stretched black vinyl over it and put a thick paper in the cut out for support. it worked really well imo. and i know it won't last forever. but comes off easy and is completely free. you can get free scrap vinyl from nearly any sign business.

this is what I want. wish i knew where to get one without having to go custom.
real ugly bro. why would you wanna ruin the look of ur car and go to single exhaust? dont be that guy..lol
Old 02-01-10, 09:10 PM
Wheel_Man
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Farino81
not to be rude but dual exhaust on any car looks way better than single exhaust. I dont know what ur reason was for converting to a single exhaust but you can change it back now..lol..doesnt look good at all in my opinion
That's like saying that a 1,000+HP Supra with a 5in. exhaust looks ugly. I think NOT. It's all personal preference. Personally, I like it
Old 02-01-10, 09:13 PM
Farino81
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Wheel_Man
That's like saying that a 1,000+HP Supra with a 5in. exhaust looks ugly. I think NOT. It's all personal preference. Personally, I like it

lol...makes no sense at all...i know its all about preference but ive just never seen anybody convert a dual exhaust to single, only the other way around. dual exhaust evens out the look of the rear and looks alot better, im saying single exhaust on sc's ruins the look of the rear, its ugly in my opinion. But youre point about the supra with the 5inch exhaust made no sense, sorry bro
Old 02-01-10, 09:16 PM
Farino81
Pole Position

and by the way, this thread is about changing dual exhaust to single, the supra comes factory with single exhaust, so i have no idea why you said anything about a supra having a 5" exhaust
Old 02-01-10, 09:27 PM
Wheel_Man
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"dual exhaust on any car looks way better than single exhaust"

This is why I brought up the Supra. No need to get offended, I also mentioned, it's personal preference.

Sorry for upsetting you.
Old 02-01-10, 09:30 PM
Farino81
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Wheel_Man
"dual exhaust on any car looks way better than single exhaust"

This is why I brought up the Supra. No need to get offended, I also mentioned, it's personal preference.

Sorry for upsetting you.
lol..my bad bro, i wasnt upset i was just bored so i felt like debating. Ur right though its personal preference, i just think the dual exhaust on the sc looks alot better
Old 02-01-10, 09:31 PM
Dustin2JZ
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you say so. you can think what you want but what is the point running all the exhaust into one pipe just split it back into two. on a V8 (or any V motor) I can completely understand duals, but inline motors with duals just seem dumb to me.

and not trying to be rude but regaurdless of what you think looks good, i'll do my car my way and your do yours your way.

i don't mind you haveing your opinion but please don't tell me how to build my car.

and I suppose this car is ugly right?
Old 02-01-10, 09:33 PM
Dustin2JZ
Rookie

BTW I just found this too.
http://www.vertex-usa.com/catalog/pr...&cat=23&page=1

looks like i found what kit i'm getting, later on down the road of coarse
Old 02-02-10, 01:36 PM
Farino81
Pole Position

if you say so. you can think what you want but what is the point running all the exhaust into one pipe just split it back into two. on a V8 (or any V motor) I can completely understand duals, but inline motors with duals just seem dumb to me.

and not trying to be rude but regaurdless of what you think looks good, i'll do my car my way and your do yours your way.

i don't mind you haveing your opinion but please don't tell me how to build my car.

and I suppose this car is ugly right?

lol...are you talking about the car itself or the exhaust? dont get off topic bro. and since ur asking no i dont like the look of that car, especially the exhaust. You can do ur car any way you like but dont start trippin when somebody gives there opinion about ur exhaust that you dont like. There are some cars that only look good with single exhaust and some that only look good with dual exhaust and the sc in my opinion only looks good with dual exhaust. Just like the 300zx, if somebody put a single exhaust on that it would take away from the look of the rear. its not about the performance aspect to me its the look of the car. If you think ur gonna get a big horsepower gain from running a single exhaust then you need to do some more research. Dont get all bent outta shape. do ur car ur way i could care less, i gave my opinion and i dont like it. if you cant take feedback then you shouldnt of posted the picture
Old 02-02-10, 03:45 PM
supralative
Pole Position

Posted mine here for anyone interested.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ml#post5193526
Old 02-02-10, 08:37 PM
Dustin2JZ
Rookie

Lol...are you talking about the car itself or the exhaust? dont get off topic bro. and since ur asking no i dont like the look of that car, especially the exhaust. You can do ur car any way you like but dont start trippin when somebody gives there opinion about ur exhaust that you dont like. There are some cars that only look good with single exhaust and some that only look good with dual exhaust and the sc in my opinion only looks good with dual exhaust. Just like the 300zx, if somebody put a single exhaust on that it would take away from the look of the rear. its not about the performance aspect to me its the look of the car. If you think ur gonna get a big horsepower gain from running a single exhaust then you need to do some more research. Dont get all bent outta shape. do ur car ur way i could care less, i gave my opinion and i dont like it. if you cant take feedback then you shouldnt of posted the picture

I was refering to both. I wasn't getting off topic. You are the on that said any car looks better with dials. Was just shoewng a pic of a clean jdm car that has single exhaust. And I don't mind you giving your opinion. You don't have to like it. But you also don't have to act like no one else should either.

"real ugly bro. why would you wanna ruin the look of ur car and go to single exhaust? dont be that guy..lol"

And where did the 300zx thing come from

I also never said anything about expecting big power gains.

And again I don't mind you give your opinion. You just didn't have to be a **** about it and basically tell me I should change it back.
Old 02-02-10, 09:00 PM
Farino81
Pole Position

I was refering to both. I wasn't getting off topic. You are the on that said any car looks better with dials. Was just shoewng a pic of a clean jdm car that has single exhaust. And I don't mind you giving your opinion. You don't have to like it. But you also don't have to act like no one else should either.

"real ugly bro. why would you wanna ruin the look of ur car and go to single exhaust? dont be that guy..lol"

And where did the 300zx thing come from

I also never said anything about expecting big power gains.

And again I don't mind you give your opinion. You just didn't have to be a **** about it and basically tell me I should change it back.

youre right i didnt have to say it like that, i just dont think a sc looks good with single exhaust. i brought up the 300zx because that is another car that comes with dual exhaust that would not look good with single exhaust because it would take away from the look of the rear. anybody on here can do anything to there car and as long as they like it thats all that matters. Me personally i like the look of dual exhaust and dont see any reason or need for anybody to change it on a sc. But again thats all on u what you wanna do.
Old 02-02-10, 10:21 PM
Dustin2JZ
Rookie

I completely agree about the 300zx. I have to say they would look weird with single exhaust.
But they are V6s so duals seam more logical to me anyway.

As far as Sc300s with single exhaust I prefer them that way mainly because I have always loved the Vertex D1GP Soarer. And SCs share so much in common with supras which all have single.

I actually wanted a SC400 which would have gotten the dual 5zigen mufflers. But I wanted a 5 speed.
Old 02-02-10, 10:38 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 425 Likes on 349 Posts

Nice burnout! That was pretty sick!

Quick Reply: Single Exhaust with pics and sound Clip