SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

wtf worst day ever

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-10, 09:40 PM
willhickey
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation wtf worst day ever

So today i went to the post office to send off a package and i forgot my money in the car so i sent my boy out to the car to grab it ( line was crazy like it always is) so anyways i send the package get ready to leave and ask my boys for my key.... he hands them to me and i notice the key to my sc isnt on there ...... we start looking and of course its locked in my car.and its raining. So i had to go to work and when i got off an hour and a half ago. i called the cops to come unlock it ( free what a dumb decision that was) , so i sign the waiver and they start to slimjim and i try to explain about the wires in the door the two that if they come undone the door wont unlock etc. and they brush it off ( shouldnt have signed the waiver should have told them to stop right then but of course once again I was being cheap) well they finally got in on the passenger door and get it unlocked i grab the key thank them go to lock the door and nothing of course just as i had told them they knocked off or broke that wire.... well i leave to go pick up my boy so i could get this bad boy home so he could drive the camry back i pick him up and we get back to the post office go to crank it and nothing happens............................. so i try to troubleshoot it ( 1145 no tools ohm meter or flashlight) , i found the relay is clicking but the starter isnt doing anything .......... wtf? this is bull im so mad right now. and the light and horn work and the stereo and no dimming etc. the starter has never hung up and has always been extremely strong so i guess my question is is there any wires that run through either the driver or passenger door that they could have torn while using the slim jim that could maybe cause this? it must be something electrical that happened tonight while they were doing this because i have never had any starting system problems other than the alternater. just trying to start my order elimination ..... sorry for the 5 page story i just had to vent and my old ladies sleeping so cheers and hopefully i get this figured out between me and the help of you guys
Old 02-02-10, 09:41 PM
willhickey
Lexus Test Driver

oh yeah and by the way i signed a waiver................................... so it is definitely only my problem not theirs
Old 02-02-10, 10:08 PM
Papajorgio
Advanced

Originally Posted by willhickey
So today i went to the post office to send off a package and i forgot my money in the car so i sent my boy out to the car to grab it ( line was crazy like it always is) so anyways i send the package get ready to leave and ask my boys for my key.... he hands them to me and i notice the key to my sc isnt on there ...... we start looking and of course its locked in my car.and its raining. So i had to go to work and when i got off an hour and a half ago. i called the cops to come unlock it ( free what a dumb decision that was) , so i sign the waiver and they start to slimjim and i try to explain about the wires in the door the two that if they come undone the door wont unlock etc. and they brush it off ( shouldnt have signed the waiver should have told them to stop right then but of course once again I was being cheap) well they finally got in on the passenger door and get it unlocked i grab the key thank them go to lock the door and nothing of course just as i had told them they knocked off or broke that wire.... well i leave to go pick up my boy so i could get this bad boy home so he could drive the camry back i pick him up and we get back to the post office go to crank it and nothing happens............................. so i try to troubleshoot it ( 1145 no tools ohm meter or flashlight) , i found the relay is clicking but the starter isnt doing anything .......... wtf? this is bull im so mad right now. and the light and horn work and the stereo and no dimming etc. the starter has never hung up and has always been extremely strong so i guess my question is is there any wires that run through either the driver or passenger door that they could have torn while using the slim jim that could maybe cause this? it must be something electrical that happened tonight while they were doing this because i have never had any starting system problems other than the alternater. just trying to start my order elimination ..... sorry for the 5 page story i just had to vent and my old ladies sleeping so cheers and hopefully i get this figured out between me and the help of you guys
sorry to hear about your troubles, it sounds like you've had a pretty eventful day, but as far as the starter not engaging or even trying to crank i would say first check your fuses, they could have grounded one of the alarm wires out that run into the door when they were trying to jimmy the lock, second if the fuses are good i would pull the door panel and check what they did, because its almost a guarantee that they caused the problem if you weren't experiencing any problems prior to this,

but also i think my friend can top this, he had a 1974 toyota corolla that ran mid 12s quarter miles, well one day he was driving home from work and it was raining something crazy in hawaii, like we've never seen before, i think it rained 40 days and 41 nights straight, no lie! but anyway his dual 45 carbs sucked in water on his way home hydro locking his motor, so as he was stranded on the freeway he called his brother to come pick him up and in the short time he was outside his car he got his phone wet enough to also take a crap on him, but to top it all off when he got home he started feeling a little under the weather (no pun intended) and he ended up getting pneumonia because he was in the rain to long, so although you had a bad day no doubt at least you can feel some comfort that someone else has had it worse at some point in time then you, good luck and i hope you figure it out
Old 02-02-10, 10:20 PM
willhickey
Lexus Test Driver

thanks for the up look bud i do feel a little better and yeah i will start at the fuses and then the door panels...... thanks thanks thanks thanks ima have to tell my diesel teacher that i have to take care of this tomorow
Old 02-03-10, 12:47 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah , sounds like your alarm is still activated, thats why your doors and ignition is dead.
Old 02-03-10, 07:45 PM
willhickey
Lexus Test Driver

haha pulled the fuses and put them back in none were blown so you must be right because it started right up...................... thanks for the input to all that helped me
Old 02-04-10, 08:41 PM
Asha'man
Lead Lap

Paragraphs, capitalization and spelling are your friends. I didn't make it more than a few sentences in. You sure have a lot of "boys".

Apparently you had a crappy day, though, so that sucks.
Old 02-05-10, 05:55 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Asha'man
Paragraphs, capitalization and spelling are your friends. I didn't make it more than a few sentences in. You sure have a lot of "boys".

Apparently you had a crappy day, though, so that sucks.
:lolz:

OP - glad you got it fixed.

Jonny
Old 02-05-10, 06:04 AM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just for future reference. and others.

Anytime your car gets "broken into" the Car will kill the starter and EFI. Simply close the doors, Lock it, Unlock it, lock it again, then unlock it, and you should be good as it resets the Theft prevention
Old 02-05-10, 10:27 AM
willhickey
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks bud and for you guys with the comments on my spelling sorry if it made you mad but i would prefer if you keep your comments to yourselves . Im not in english and you dont own me so i would like to spell etc. the way I want to , I was just trying to get help for a problem I had which obviously you guys didnt have a solution to or you would have posted it so next time dont bother posting if you cant help me or somebody out and have nothing but negativity to speak of.
Old 02-05-10, 10:31 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Dang it man... At least your car is working now.. So be happy!
Old 02-05-10, 11:11 AM
willhickey
Lexus Test Driver

You are right so thanks everybody that helped me