SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Clutch Sticking

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-02, 03:43 AM
Camshaft
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clutch Sticking

My clutch is starting to stick a little. I added just a bit of fluid, and it got a little better, but is still sticking. I can engage the clutch when I let off the pedal, and it comes out a bit, but I usually have to tap it a couple of times to get it to return to the normal place. I crawled under and lubed the points where I could see. Any ideas?
Old 05-22-02, 11:18 AM
hwallen172
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago, and I hope your solution is as simple as mine was. It felt like a serious clutch problem because the pedal would stick on the floor and it would take a tap or two to get it to come up. Turns out it was getting hung on the floor mat.
Old 05-25-02, 01:03 PM
Camshaft
Lead Lap

No, the mat is not the problem. Is there a certain tool needed to install the clutch properly? It is starting to squeak a little while being depressed, and a strange whispery sound when it is held down. Really agravating.
The following users liked this post:
LEXXIUM (06-27-21)
Old 11-27-02, 04:35 PM
lawman
Driver

Default sticky...

My clutch pedal seems to stick every once in a while once last week and a couple time yesterday. When I engaged the clutch pedal it just stays on the floor, I need to put my foot under the clutch pedal and the pedal just shoots right back up. Any ideas on what to do? Lube where?

thanks
Old 11-27-02, 10:29 PM
Tryk
Pole Position

Default Re: Clutch Sticking

Originally posted by Camshaft
My clutch is starting to stick a little. I added just a bit of fluid, and it got a little better, but is still sticking. I can engage the clutch when I let off the pedal, and it comes out a bit, but I usually have to tap it a couple of times to get it to return to the normal place. I crawled under and lubed the points where I could see. Any ideas?
It sounds like you might need to get your clutch system bled. I had a similar problem in an rx7 years ago, and that helped out.
Old 11-27-02, 10:30 PM
Tryk
Pole Position

Default Re: sticky...

Originally posted by lawman
My clutch pedal seems to stick every once in a while once last week and a couple time yesterday. When I engaged the clutch pedal it just stays on the floor, I need to put my foot under the clutch pedal and the pedal just shoots right back up. Any ideas on what to do? Lube where?

thanks
Lawman, your problem sounds like something on your pedal might be getting stuck in the carpeting holding it down. Have you installed aftermarket pedals? sometimes the screws on the back of these can get stuck in the carpeting enough to hold the pedal down.
Old 11-28-02, 07:15 AM
Camshaft
Lead Lap

Mine turned out to be the system needed bleeding and a sticky slave.
Old 12-03-02, 10:02 PM
lawman
Driver

Default clutch parts help

Thanks for the help. My master has a leak so I need to replace the master and slave as well. Any thoughts on where to get the parts? Carson Toyota? Lexus and Toyota dealers here are all out! Thanks for any help.
Old 12-04-02, 04:31 AM
808state
Driver

check around... although carson or parts.com maybe cheaper than lexus of hawaii (then again, who isn't when you're a monopoly), you should note they might come out equal in the end (depending on the item) because shipping is a ******.

also, how soon do you need it? carson and parts.com can probably get you the part faster than lexus of hawaii.

if you decide to order your parts from steve, i didn't have any probems with the part coming in. i also didn't have any problem with lexus of hawaii when i ordered parts.

good luck.
Old 12-04-02, 06:17 PM
lawman
Driver

Default 808state thanks

Lexus hawaii is telling me about 2 weeks! The head parts guys at lexus used to have a 5-speed had to wait 3 weeks for the same parts - head parts guy had to wait - dang. Anyway, I emailed steve to see what the costs and all are going to be. It is a pain in the **** to drive with the clutch sticking a lot of the time. So I would like to get the parts ASAP. Thanks