SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

losing interest in my sc3, 5spd...should i sell it or keep it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-10, 07:01 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 383 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by MongooseGA
Threads like this make me realize that a majority of the people on this board are idiots. There are a lot of really innovative and intelligent people here, but most of them are retarded.

Half of you people bought 15+ year old cars for most likely less than $5,000. That doesn't make you cool, money, cultured, polished, or envied by anyone else. Stop acting so elitist. If you want to brag about something, buy a car like this new and make sure you actually have the money to brag about, if that's your thing to do. There's still no need for bragging; there's always someone with more money, and faster car, a hotter girlfriend, and a bigger *******.

To the original poster, do what you want. There's a huge bias on this site from people who have no place providing opinions.
The King has spoken.
Old 02-07-10, 07:28 AM
willhickey
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do agree with mongooseGA I try to respect cars for what they are not the brand if thats your thing thats your thing honda lexus acura nissan mitsubishi. A modded car is a modded car and everyones entitled to their own opinion so..... Do what you do but when you made that comment about being behind on school payment THATS YOUR FUTURE and if you can come out ahead trading for a civic and get better gas mileage I say do it, I mean like you said you can always get a supra mk4 when you get a good job etc. play on playa
Old 02-07-10, 07:58 AM
potatoBBQ
Intermediate

Well let's see... 1) since this is the SC forum, I would imagine that most of the people reading your post probably generally like SCs so they will tell you to keep it, or... 2) they will tell you to sell it, hoping that there will be one less person to ask pointless questions in the SC forum.
Old 02-07-10, 08:16 AM
wickedsc3
Driver

Personally i woud just keep the lexus i mean even if its not modded it still a lot nicer car than a civic. And eventually if u save long enough your car will be above and beyond any civic.
Old 02-07-10, 09:10 AM
platano47
Driver

i love the comments whether be negative or positive. i've decided to keep it and do it up little by little and mongoose was dead on with his comment, for sure this is a lexus forum but we should respect all cars for the simple fact that the same car we speak of had a huge impact on the import scene weather you would admit to it or not. but i thank you all for the input and it gave me a perspective on alot of views, like 10-15 years ago, car enthusiasts have'nt changed one bit.
Old 03-06-10, 11:52 PM
platano47
Driver

come to think of it, they are more 7,8,9 second civics then they are 10 second sc300's....appreciate the fact that ya love your cars but ya speaking out your asses!!
Old 03-07-10, 12:52 AM
yetmaaxx
Rookie

sell me the tranny
Old 03-07-10, 02:13 AM
2turbo1sup
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

If you judge a person by their preference in cars, then you are a hopeless moron

Buy whatever makes you happy. Dont settle for less, and especially dont settle for anything so others can give you "mad props" for it since they own the same car.

I was bored of my SC300 5speed too, they're not really that exciting for a car to begin with. I was considering going back to s2000s but I stumbled on a good deal on a turbo kit. Since im already familiar with working on supras/SCs, that sparked new interest right away.

Do whatever feels right. Dont listen to these guys that love to pose under the "Lexus" baller type front with their $5,000 cars lol.
Old 03-07-10, 09:54 AM
BIGCTY
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MongooseGA
Threads like this make me realize that a majority of the people on this board are idiots. There are a lot of really innovative and intelligent people here, but most of them are retarded.

Half of you people bought 15+ year old cars for most likely less than $5,000. That doesn't make you cool, money, cultured, polished, or envied by anyone else. Stop acting so elitist. If you want to brag about something, buy a car like this new and make sure you actually have the money to brag about, if that's your thing to do. There's still no need for bragging; there's always someone with more money, and faster car, a hotter girlfriend, and a bigger *******.

To the original poster, do what you want. There's a huge bias on this site from people who have no place providing opinions.
You, my Commonwealth Brethren, deserve a standing ovation. This sadly is the status quo on many forums where there are massive amounts of youngsters with no experience in anything and live and die by what they drive. The SHO forum was JUST like this. Makes me just shake my head.
Old 03-07-10, 11:55 AM
Justin bro
Driver School Candidate

loled at this thread.

but if you change your mind and get a civic... drop a F20C in it and call it a day then drift it. hahah. youll get cool points from me

Old 03-07-10, 06:49 PM
jimmysc3
Driver School Candidate

keep the sc. i had to drive my brothers ek for a couple of weeks while mine was in the shop after an accident and mannnn, it made me realize how much i appreciate my sc.
Old 03-07-10, 06:54 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 431 Likes on 355 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by jimmysc3
keep the sc. i had to drive my brothers ek for a couple of weeks while mine was in the shop after an accident and mannnn, it made me realize how much i appreciate my sc.
I had something similar happen to me to. My SC was at the dealership for a few weeks, so I had to go back to driving my Saturn everyday(which isn't a big deal since it was my daily driver that I've had since 12th grade) and it really made me appreciate my SC while it was gone. I was super depressed while it was gone, but the one thing I didn't miss was crappy gas mileage. Definitely keep it for as long as you can and save up for a Civic on the side.
Old 03-07-10, 07:37 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGCTY
You, my Commonwealth Brethren, deserve a standing ovation. This sadly is the status quo on many forums where there are massive amounts of youngsters with no experience in anything and live and die by what they drive. The SHO forum was JUST like this. Makes me just shake my head.
I laugh at the people say it's "their dream car" or that we should be grateful to have these cars. Get over yourselves. If this person is you, you should have higher aspirations for life. A ~15 year old Toyota, while great cars, isn't something I'm writing down on my bucket list. I'll probably have my SC400 forever, but it's because it was my first car.

Honestly guys, think about if someone on 6speedonline would post a link to this thread on their forum. They'd have a hay day laughing at most of you. Hell, I'm broke and I still do.

The key to life is making yourself happy, not someone else. Unless you're married.
Old 03-07-10, 08:02 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

Why do we even have stupid threads like this to begin with? If this guy wants to sell the car...let him do it. This is beyond ridiculous.
Old 03-07-10, 08:34 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What i would like to know is Why in the hell do you care and beg for the attention and approval of others who clearly have a bias opinion. You setting you self up for both failure and ridicule.

If you are this dessperate of the approval of others, go get your civic, Keep all the Super tight jdm parts, Throw one of those JDM "new driver" Signs on your car and you and all your jdm brothers can go rev your engines at anything and everything on the road and try and race every modded car you see. I garentee you will find the approval you are so intent on finding.

Quick Reply: losing interest in my sc3, 5spd...should i sell it or keep it?