SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

gated shifter knob replacement ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-10, 01:57 PM
Papajorgio
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gated shifter **** replacement ?

hey all, well like the title says i have a gated shifter and wanted to change the **** on it to the lexus IS style ball shifters, so i patiently waited for an is300 to come in to my shop to test fitment, but when one finally came in to my surprise it didnt fit, the IS shift **** thread was larger then the gated shifter thread, and in larger i mean it was larger in diameter, i thought that lexus auto screw on type shifters were interchangeable but i was wrong, i know other models like the gs shift ***** work but thats not the style im looking for, so to wrap it up i was wondering are there any manual shift ***** that might work on the gated shifter? ie honda toyota and the like standard shift *****, thanx in advance to all the helpful club lexers
Old 02-13-10, 10:01 PM
RawkusX187
Lexus Test Driver

did you do a gated shifter conversion on your car?
Old 02-13-10, 10:24 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I know it's not what you're asking, but I have a few friends that got buddies of theirs who do shop work to machine their own custom *****.

If you've got a friend with access to a shop that does that sort of thing, you may try that route. And, you would most likely have access to a few more options such as size, material, color, engraving, etc...
Old 02-13-10, 11:57 PM
Papajorgio
Advanced

Cool

Originally Posted by RawkusX187
did you do a gated shifter conversion on your car?
yezzer i did the conversion, and i love it so far except for the ****

Originally Posted by MongooseGA
I know it's not what you're asking, but I have a few friends that got buddies of theirs who do shop work to machine their own custom *****.

If you've got a friend with access to a shop that does that sort of thing, you may try that route. And, you would most likely have access to a few more options such as size, material, color, engraving, etc...
i do have a couple friends that are machinist/fabricators but i would really want to stick with the easiest/cheapest/least fabrication route as possible but i understand it is what it is and beggars cant be chooser's so i might do a one off **** myself not sure yet, depending on the results of this thread ill determine my final decision
Old 02-14-10, 03:07 AM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why are you only interested in oem *****? I have an NRG **** on one of my SC's, which is just like the IS one, but in CF ofcourse.
Old 02-14-10, 06:16 AM
Papajorgio
Advanced

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
Why are you only interested in oem *****? I have an NRG **** on one of my SC's, which is just like the IS one, but in CF ofcourse.
cool ill have to look into those, i really just want the same type of **** not necessarily oem, but would you happen to have a pic? i would love to see what it looks like before i buy one...

Edit: nevermind i just seen your sc in your link below your sig and the shifter looks pretty good on there, so i just ordered one but not in carbon fiber, so thanx for your help everyone the search is over:-)

Last edited by Papajorgio; 02-14-10 at 06:47 AM.
Old 02-19-10, 01:29 AM
supratp23
Rookie

I cant find the pic of the **** your are talking about that u ordered. can u help?

Thanks