SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

One-year anniversary

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-10, 09:43 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1UZ-GS
Ah yes I remember when you got your '99 SC.

Didn't remember that it was Valentines day, though.
Yep, true love.

Originally Posted by 96SC4
i like a lot.
can't wait to see what the next year brings...
A lot hopefully haha. My goal is to finish in 2 months (not including the wheels)

Originally Posted by willhickey
I love it and have you ever ran it at the track with those mods? Thanks
Yea I ran it at Irwindale's 1/8th mile. Didn't really know what I was doing so I only ran around 9.1. Never burned out or launched properly. I'm not the racing type

Originally Posted by LEXXIUM
Ride is tight Hil!
No tint is the **** on black cars!
Love it.
Thanks bud, yea I love no tint . I might do a really light one though, like 60% or higher

Originally Posted by TroySC300
Looks awesome! What rear lip is that?
Raceonusa vertex knockoff. I put on a 92 bumper for it cause I like it better than the 99 rear.

Originally Posted by Blurr
Clean!!! Black on black i always a win. Your car looks brand new.
Thanks, I wish it was brand new!

Originally Posted by cleansc4
Ooh that Hot SC!. you should feature into Heavy Hitters Magazine or super street. LOL

you don't think so?
I wish. I'd settle for HF

Originally Posted by TankMR
Damn I haven't seen your car in months. Used to be a clone of mine but now u got cf trunk, some Wald kit and those sick Meisters on it. Good work
haha anything new with yours? They're SSR SP1 btw. Vinh's got the Work S1's
Old 02-16-10, 09:57 PM
RjBLayz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love at first sight on vday huh. Haha Happy anniversary. U never mentioned her name SCman!
Old 02-16-10, 10:17 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DAMN... thats a sexy B!@#H...lol
Old 02-16-10, 10:37 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hil
Dope, haha, just take out the bulb. I have a Dragon Torque Converter, get onee

Dragon Torque Converter, SS headers, full mandrel bent exhaust with Magnaflow resonators and mufflers (will be replaced with my Blitz Nur), I have an SRT intake I haven't put on yet

Other than that I have supra brakes, Tein CS, torsen LSD, etc.

It's pretty much where I want it performance wise
Taking the bulb off is not going to cut it knowing there is still CEL LoL..... You gotta take me out for a spin. I want to experience first hand the difference of one with TC and one without which is mine..... You have a nice set of mods there. Curious, how are your smog results? I want to do minor mods but at the same time don't want to affect my smog. Not that much anyway. I haven't seen an awesome smog result in a very long time till I owned my SC . Definitely on the list will be the TC and LSD. I'll save up on both and do them one weekend
Old 02-16-10, 10:59 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlayzSC4
Love at first sight on vday huh. Haha Happy anniversary. U never mentioned her name SCman!
Her name is Scarlet

Originally Posted by BAD954BOI
DAMN... thats a sexy B!@#H...lol
Thanks, Akon

Originally Posted by masagsxr
Taking the bulb off is not going to cut it knowing there is still CEL LoL..... You gotta take me out for a spin. I want to experience first hand the difference of one with TC and one without which is mine..... You have a nice set of mods there. Curious, how are your smog results? I want to do minor mods but at the same time don't want to affect my smog. Not that much anyway. I haven't seen an awesome smog result in a very long time till I owned my SC . Definitely on the list will be the TC and LSD. I'll save up on both and do them one weekend
haha for sure. I can hit you up when I get home for spring break. My car has CLEAN emissions. I forget the numbers but it's ridiculously low. The only thing that wouldn't pass visually is my headers, but no smog guy really goes out of his way to check em. And they're just silver, nothing flashy. Yea I like my LSD as well. Torsen makes a good LSD. My buddy has Kaaz and it's louuudd
Old 02-16-10, 11:11 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Sweet.... Same here. My emissions are very low as well..... So would you say the Torsen LSD are better than Kaaz? I guess time to do research on that. I know PI Dragon TC are good but pretty pricey. I'm leaning towards Lextreme's TC at the moment. Labor work is not a problem as I can pretty much do all the installs myself
Old 02-16-10, 11:30 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Sweet.... Same here. My emissions are very low as well..... So would you say the Torsen LSD are better than Kaaz? I guess time to do research on that. I know PI Dragon TC are good but pretty pricey. I'm leaning towards Lextreme's TC at the moment. Labor work is not a problem as I can pretty much do all the installs myself
For everyday use I would say it's better. Simply because mine doesn't make noise. I don't know the advantages of either say.. on the track. That would probably have to be researched. I've heard some negative things about PI but I personally would give it a shot. I think those who have had a bad experience tend to use their cars on a performance level. I remember there were plenty of threads in the Performance section covering the pros and cons of both
Old 02-16-10, 11:42 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, i've been reading about various threads about TCs. There is probably no chance that I would track the car. I'd like to have one just to be able to maneuver through traffic quickly when I need to. Right now it just seems like there is no power when you give it some gas.
Old 02-17-10, 10:40 AM
TankMR
Lead Lap

My car, thanks for asking, needs some body work thanks to a stupid lady in a Grand Cherokee. I have enough $$$ right now, I'm going to debadge, install another OEM bumper, and get the dent filled in less than a week. I got some 5Zigen Fireballs brand new but I'm going to trade for Nur Specs instead.

You have a Dragon???... you don't need the SRT Intake really. Your going to blow the doors off anything out there, sell it to me
Old 02-17-10, 11:49 AM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

i fotgot u changed ur name lol i thought u were newb lol u should call u self scking or somthing like that
Old 02-17-10, 03:03 PM
00whiteek
Rookie

good looking car
Old 02-17-10, 05:29 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah, i've been reading about various threads about TCs. There is probably no chance that I would track the car. I'd like to have one just to be able to maneuver through traffic quickly when I need to. Right now it just seems like there is no power when you give it some gas.
You should invest in a shift kit. Stevechumo was talking to me about it. Shaves 1/2 a sec off. It costs around $600

Originally Posted by TankMR
My car, thanks for asking, needs some body work thanks to a stupid lady in a Grand Cherokee. I have enough $$$ right now, I'm going to debadge, install another OEM bumper, and get the dent filled in less than a week. I got some 5Zigen Fireballs brand new but I'm going to trade for Nur Specs instead.

You have a Dragon???... you don't need the SRT Intake really. Your going to blow the doors off anything out there, sell it to me
Nice, who are you trading the 5Zigens with? I got nurs...

Originally Posted by t70 supra
i fotgot u changed ur name lol i thought u were newb lol u should call u self scking or somthing like that
Ha I ain't king status yet. Maybe SCpawn.
Old 02-17-10, 05:45 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hil
You should invest in a shift kit. Stevechumo was talking to me about it. Shaves 1/2 a sec off. It costs around $600
Will look into it... By the way, what is the gear on your LSD? I've been doing some reading. The one I saw here on CL was something like 3.76 and the one I was just reading at work over at Lextreme's website was 4.27. The guy claims that its better than 3.76. I'm still reading the pros and cons bettwen the two tho.

Got a link on that shift kit? I'll read about it and see whats up.
Old 02-17-10, 06:28 PM
IonFeright
Lead Lap

So nice! So clean! Beautiful ride!
Old 02-17-10, 08:29 PM
JDMfoLIFE
Driver

Dammn i Love that ****! its so siccccck

Quick Reply: One-year anniversary