SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

How much is my Turbo SC worth?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-10, 06:36 AM
Jeembo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much is it worth? Well underneath everything, it's a '94 with 166k miles and body issues. Upgrades don't give cars a whole lot of extra value, especially if they weren't installed by a reputable shop. I'd say no more than $2000-3000
Old 02-24-10, 01:19 AM
Mortal300
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeembo
How much is it worth? Well underneath everything, it's a '94 with 166k miles and body issues. Upgrades don't give cars a whole lot of extra value, especially if they weren't installed by a reputable shop. I'd say no more than $2000-3000
Thanks for your opinion. I however strongly disagree with you about how your saying its worth more if the install was done at a reputable shop. There garage floor and mine is not a difference on a simple na-t install. Its not rockest science and as a matter of fact me doing the install with a fellow member of CL(blk97sc300) andthen having FSR MOTORSPORTS look at it after I'd say is just as good as a shop doing the install if not better since you know how much sweat and hard work to make it a high quality job you put in your car not just some random shop whose after your money for a minimum labor install.
Old 02-24-10, 06:33 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeembo
Originally Posted by Mortal300
Thanks for your opinion. I however strongly disagree with you about how your saying its worth more if the install was done at a reputable shop. There garage floor and mine is not a difference on a simple na-t install. Its not rockest science and as a matter of fact me doing the install with a fellow member of CL(blk97sc300) andthen having FSR MOTORSPORTS look at it after I'd say is just as good as a shop doing the install if not better since you know how much sweat and hard work to make it a high quality job you put in your car not just some random shop whose after your money for a minimum labor install.
Mortal - you can disagree all you want, but you are looking at it from a sellers perspective and not a buyers. For a buyer, it is important to know that a car is done right. Some people (not saying you) don't have the technical know-how or skills to build a turbo car. Thus, installing at a reputable shop provides the peace of mind most people would require when buying a boosted car.

I would say your car is worth around $5000 however. Current market, probably $4500. Good luck,

Jonny
Old 02-24-10, 07:44 AM
snook
Racer

A 97 5 speed with GTE swap sold for 12k a month ago
These guys are lowballing the price because that's what they want to pay for one
I've never been on a forum with such young and poor kids in my life...keep that in mind
you are talking with first time drivers in most cases, havent you ever tried to buy or sell anything here!? How did that go for ya?

BTW if you go back and have it reinstalled at a professional shop and get a stand alone they will give you another 100 for the car

Last edited by snook; 02-24-10 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-24-10, 01:03 PM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

These guys are lowballing the price because that's what they want to pay for one
I've never been on a forum with such young and poor kids in my life...keep that in mind
you are talking with first time drivers in most cases, havent you ever tried to buy or sell anything here!? How did that go for ya?

Don't generalize just because you can't sell your '96.

Honestly, the car is 16 years old with high mileage, and from what you've described needs paint and an interior refresh to be presentable. Considering that, I'd say around $6000. You may be better off selling the car stock and keeping the parts, as some others have suggested.

Good luck with the sale

Last edited by SC_coupe; 02-25-10 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-24-10, 01:16 PM
snook
Racer

he wont sell it on here for what he wants..not all the people on here are the same but for the most part thats the theme Ive felt

It has nothing to do with me selling my car, I dont care to sell it really I love it and the money isnt going to do much at all but help on a few things with my other project
Old 02-24-10, 08:18 PM
Mortal300
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Dx3
Mortal - you can disagree all you want, but you are looking at it from a sellers perspective and not a buyers. For a buyer, it is important to know that a car is done right. Some people (not saying you) don't have the technical know-how or skills to build a turbo car. Thus, installing at a reputable shop provides the peace of mind most people would require when buying a boosted car.

I would say your car is worth around $5000 however. Current market, probably $4500. Good luck,

Jonny
Dx3 - I get your point in this scenario. But then again I can also list you people i know that went to a "reputable shop" and their install does not meet the standards of how i set-up my turbo on mine. But hey your point makes sense because people want to hear that it was done "professionally" But most of the 'people' are first time turbo users and sorry to say, noobs. Anyone who has gotten their hands dirty on here with a NA-t (which isnt that dirty of work) knows that installing yourself is the best way. From here on out my only way to prove this would be for the buyer to see it in person and they can pay me for my gas to take it to their 'reputable' shop and they can scan it out if theyd like as i already have done that. Thanks for the opinion!

Snook - i understand what you mean. Many people that are quoting me in private messages and on this thread haven't seen NA-T hands on before. But on the other hand, some have and i respect that. The economy is horrible right now so I wasn't expecting a huge price. I'm just getting an idea for general reasons.
Old 02-24-10, 09:02 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

5k looking around thats what they seem to go for.
Old 02-24-10, 09:50 PM
RjBLayz
Lexus Test Driver

Maybe worth around 5k but in this market 1k less?
Old 02-25-10, 05:47 PM
Mortal300
Pole Position

Any takers on the turbo kit? As a whole not parting out currently? Just to get an idea of whose interested.

Please dont low ball me. I've had members PM me with prices so low id be losing money on shipping. -_-