SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

i want 600hp out of my na 2jzge....can it be done?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-10, 10:27 AM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can get 600hp out of a 70trim turbo. hose hks t and r series turbos are very heavily price. Get a TT head gasket, turbo setup with manifold etc, AEM to get rid of the maf sensor, injectors, fuel pump, built auto or swap out for a r154 and take her to get a tune and 500+whp should be attained without too much effort. I mean this is all dependent if you're engine is in good shape with a compression test and stuff. No need for pistons or rods, with the head gasket the stock bottom end is good for 6-800hp, record is at 900 on stock bottom end i believe but thats a crazy number for any street car.
Old 02-20-10, 10:51 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You will that goal with T67DBB or the new Billet 6265 or 6765.
Just Check "Lexforlife" signature for what you will need and you can go from there.
Oh yeah don't get BC cams get the TTC or some HKS and get then machine to fit the Na Head .GL
Old 02-20-10, 03:15 PM
platano47
Driver

thanks guys for the input. true fanatic i have a 93 or 95 supra na motor...dont know if its the same as a 92 sc300 motor. matter of fact im thinking of 500-600 and i'll jus buy new stock pistons just to rebuild it, save me some money with the forged. also i am not using an aem but a microtech from austrailia, i had one on my talon and ran awesome plus my cousin is very good tuning them. i will def keep you guys posted.
Old 02-21-10, 05:02 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

If you wanna rebuild, don't install the GE pistons back in there go with the TT pistons/ rods/ bearing, and ring set you can get from TMS for about 550 brand new and all you have to buy from toyota is the bearing and the ring.
Old 02-21-10, 06:53 AM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

^Listen him^ but its not necessary to do a build but if you have an extra motor sitting out i dont see why not just throw in some TT internals. All you'd need really is the TT pistons, ge and gte has the same rods. Go ahead and get some head bolts, head gasket and some TT cams put into the head and from that point its whatever go fast toys you wanna throw in.
Old 02-21-10, 11:27 AM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Microtech, huh? The LT12?
1.Turbo- You're going to run into fitment issues with the manifold- the Turbonetics log style allows you to clear up to a 67 (might be a 61), Boostlogic will bring you up to a 76 but you don't need that. No ebay manifold for you sir. Look up the PTE6176 or the 6262 if your gay on billet. I have a 71 with the antisurge- I like it. Go bb.
2.Fuel- Twin Denso fuel pumps (you can hang them on the same hanger- don't waste $ on a custom). Injector Dynamics injectors (come in like 725, 1000 and 2000)- RC Engineering if you want to go cheaper- go with 7-something. I'd trash the restrictive stock rail and buy one (try Titan Motorsports). FPRegulator, FPGauge-look at me being thorough here. Wideband.
3.Transmission- You can probably use a non-built r154. Note:search the forum for shifter location issues and the other parts you need to throw this in before you think it'll just cost you $700. I mean, The add-ons can really stun you-I mean crap like an angle drill, pedal, master etc. If you want the rundown on what tranny's are available and what they'll cost you read this https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...vs-r154-2.html.
4.Get around a 2.0mm headgasket- I like Cometic but you can do Greddy or HKS. Arp head studs- not bolts. You can run a mild cam if you want- 264's. I have Web Cams- they do the trick. Titan has some on the market I'd also recommend.
5. The BIGGEST thing you need to do before you dive into this is contact a technical genius. Mario Deniz is great- he built 9 second sc300 and has helped me a lot. 407 277 8423, Mario@titanmotorsports.com, AIM Marioattitan. Mark at Real Street Performance is probably one of the most knowledgeable 2j guys out there and stays on top of what's hitting the market- he can minimize your do-overs. Mark@Realstreetperformance.com, Realstreetperf, 407 695 0699. Hit them both up before you start.
Old 02-21-10, 11:54 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by trufanatic
^Listen him^ but its not necessary to do a build but if you have an extra motor sitting out i dont see why not just throw in some TT internals. All you'd need really is the TT pistons, ge and gte has the same rods. Go ahead and get some head bolts, head gasket and some TT cams put into the head and from that point its whatever go fast toys you wanna throw in.
Dude i just give him my suggestion since he was talking about replacing the Ge pistons with some brand ge pistons
Did you read the post # 18 ? and who are you telling?

Back to topic can you please post some pics whne u start the build thanks
Old 02-21-10, 06:02 PM
frankdms
Pole Position

ge motors stock* with +sise HG arp's are just fine. Spend your money on EMS. Pump gas will get you only so far. If you want 600hp look into E85 (if its avail around where you live) I run Electromotive in mine, AEM is plug and play (cheaper too). You will need to find a 61mm or bigger turbo for those numbers. BW s372 will do it easy. If you want great midrange I would go for a 67mm. Make sure you look into the correct sise/ar ex housing to match your hp goals too. The larger the turbo the easier VE it is to get high hp numbers with lower boost. After the EMS find a forward facing Intake mani.
Many opinions all over this topic, here is mine. GL.
Old 02-21-10, 06:32 PM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by frankdms
ge motors stock* with +sise HG arp's are just fine. Spend your money on EMS. Pump gas will get you only so far. If you want 600hp look into E85 (if its avail around where you live) I run Electromotive in mine, AEM is plug and play (cheaper too). You will need to find a 61mm or bigger turbo for those numbers. BW s372 will do it easy. If you want great midrange I would go for a 67mm. Make sure you look into the correct sise/ar ex housing to match your hp goals too. The larger the turbo the easier VE it is to get high hp numbers with lower boost. After the EMS find a forward facing Intake mani.
Many opinions all over this topic, here is mine. GL.
Forward facing intake helps take a lot of the headache out of piping it too but he won't need it for 600hp. I'm not a fan of E85- too many experienced players are blowing their **** up on it. Stick to C16 at the track and pump off it. Props like a **** for recommending Borg Warner. And what's up with dropping Volumetric Efficiency right in the middle of that sentence?!