SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

sc400 Instrument Cluster

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-10, 11:11 AM
Woody426
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400TT
I am an OG and I noticed those of you posting on this thread are all really new to the club, so, first, I welcome you here. This is the most widely accessed and membered Lexus forum in the world. I have been a member of CL for many, many years. There is a lot of good camaraderie here, and there has been a good sense of "brotherhood" in the forum.

I am posting because I want to encourage you all to be patient while asking for information on the boards. The SC forum has had a lot of members, and there are few subjects that have not been thoroughly discussed and researched at one time or another here. So when a member suggests you "search", it is because there is information on it in this forum. Sometimes it may take a few minutes to search, but you can gererally find the information without too much difficulty.

GL on your future searches and your experiences on this board.

Elites, I understand your frustration, but please do note that you rudely responded to a Forum Moderator, and even though you were frustrated, you might consider a little more patience, and definitely show a little more respect to the moderator. He is here to help you, and even though you weren't feeling it, he made a good suggestion.

Great info Luis. I did not know about these guys. I sent my cluster and AC controller to Lextech, and I am very satisfied with their work. I also changed the colors. The early clusters used bulbs not LED's, and Lextech's latest version of their white "32" is a tremendous improvement over stock.

ishoot, good example of "helping".

Wood, I would tend to think that people just don't know, not that they don't want to share....

Keep in mind guys that people don't just read every thread that is posted up on the boards. So again, may I suggest some patience when looking for information.

Enjoy CL guys, and please do not get offended by my comments and suggestions to each of you. I am only attempting to make your stay here a little better.....

Ryan
Thank you for the advice, while I am new to this forum I have been posting to automotive forums since the late 90's, mostly muscle cars and have been a moderator on Autobody101.COM for many years, you do have a point, it does take time for people read and respond to posts and some people intend to respond in a helpful manor and in rare instances responses can seem antagonizing and condescending (Im not referencing your post). When someone posts asking for the pinouts its not helpful at all to respond with "cant you just unplug yours? and plug it up to your car.. should be quick" and when the OP responds with "I wanted to test it out before I pulled the one in the car out, my garage is full of projects and this is gonna be a driveway swap, snow on the ground and in the twenties, not gonna be fun, so I wanted to know for sure and replace any bulbs that were out before I did the swap" it does not help one bit to respond with "It takes all of 5 minutes.....snow or no snow." This site is full of tons of priceless information and helpful people, I hope to be a helpful a helpful contributor throughout my stay here and I hope this rant doesnt offend anyone.
Old 02-28-10, 05:22 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great post Wood, and I agree. We need members like you to keep up the great posting.

Ryan
Old 02-28-10, 07:14 PM
Elitesrule
Driver School Candidate

Good post SC400TT you are right, sorry neurocity mod. I had just recently joined this board and have been looking around for the answers to the lighting thing also. I had just come off the front page sticky and read where the mods weren't supposed to "just say search" so when I got that response I got a little hot etc. I shouldn't have done it and apologize. How was he to know that i had just come from scouring Lextech.Org and it led me here to this board actually. It was kinda like phone tree hell where you get transferred around over and over. I should have explained that instead of being a smart ****. Everyone is right, this is an absolute fantastic board. I just got my SC400 in October and I didn't know it had a cult following and was very happy and proud to find out otherwise. I am now excited about restoring my car to pristine shape and glad to have a place to gain knowledge and insight about the inner workings. Thank you for the kind welcome SC400TT. SC1992 I am in Mount Juliet TN and about to do the Lextech.Org thing where I send in the cluster. I just met CarFreak (who knows a TON about SC's and has a Gorgeous SC300 5 speed which is nearly flawless) last night in person and he helped me out tremendously. He lives in the Nashville area also. Also, RtR Forever my friend. PM me anytime. what part of Bama you in?
Old 02-28-10, 07:55 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Elite, you are welcome. You newbs are all right in my book!! You take constructive suggestions positively and humbly. You are great additions to this forum. My hat is off to you!!

I can't wait to see how you all progress with your rides. I love the SC. It is a phenomenal car. Once of the best coupes ever made, IMHO!! In fact I love mine so much, I have modded it extensively. And it is almost done, a one-off V8 twin turbo. Check it out here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...oject-car.html. It is a long read so don't plan to read it all at once. You can see the trials, tribulations and triumphs I have faced over 4+ years to get this project to where it is.

Here is a link to ScottURnot's supercharged SC: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...d-4-7l-v8.html

Here is a link to Deron's car: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...storation.html

Just a few that you may want to look at that have had extensive mods made to them.

Ryan
Old 03-02-10, 03:59 PM
Woody426
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SC400TT
I am an OG and I noticed those of you posting on this thread are all really new to the club, so, first, I welcome you here. This is the most widely accessed and membered Lexus forum in the world. I have been a member of CL for many, many years. There is a lot of good camaraderie here, and there has been a good sense of "brotherhood" in the forum.

I am posting because I want to encourage you all to be patient while asking for information on the boards. The SC forum has had a lot of members, and there are few subjects that have not been thoroughly discussed and researched at one time or another here. So when a member suggests you "search", it is because there is information on it in this forum. Sometimes it may take a few minutes to search, but you can gererally find the information without too much difficulty.

GL on your future searches and your experiences on this board.

Elites, I understand your frustration, but please do note that you rudely responded to a Forum Moderator, and even though you were frustrated, you might consider a little more patience, and definitely show a little more respect to the moderator. He is here to help you, and even though you weren't feeling it, he made a good suggestion.

Great info Luis. I did not know about these guys. I sent my cluster and AC controller to Lextech, and I am very satisfied with their work. I also changed the colors. The early clusters used bulbs not LED's, and Lextech's latest version of their white "32" is a tremendous improvement over stock.

ishoot, good example of "helping".

Wood, I would tend to think that people just don't know, not that they don't want to share....

Keep in mind guys that people don't just read every thread that is posted up on the boards. So again, may I suggest some patience when looking for information.

Enjoy CL guys, and please do not get offended by my comments and suggestions to each of you. I am only attempting to make your stay here a little better.....

Ryan
Thanks for the welcome, I am confident with the knowledge base that is present someone here has the information, maybe it just takes time for the right person to read the post.
Old 03-02-10, 05:23 PM
BBriBro
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ishootstuf
92-94 are compatible. In 95, Lexus switched the polarity on the needles. At least that's what I have discovered in my cluster conundrum between my 95 SC3 and my 94 SC4.
To add confusion, I have a late '94 and it's got the '95 style needles, and '95 reddish odo and time lens.

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Elitesrule, Lextech has everything you need for what you need, the needles, backlighting, radio, etc. Contact KillaHZ by PM or call them.
There must have been a falling out, I haven't received a PM from him in 6 weeks, although he did answer email and said he doesn't post here anymore did they ever publish a phone number?
Old 03-02-10, 06:26 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

No phone number, only email for Lextech. I don't know if Brian dropped out of Lextech again. Maybe he sold it back to the OG? Does anybody know?

Ryan
Old 03-02-10, 06:54 PM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes I have 96 cluster with full working needles... bought it thinking it SHOULD work but nice people at toyota decided to make it difficult for us.. Polarities are switched. I was thinking of modifying it to fit.
Old 03-02-10, 09:15 PM
willhickey
Lexus Test Driver

so again i ask a 95 wont work in a 94? sorry im just extremely confused
Old 03-02-10, 09:53 PM
KA8
Instructor

if your cluster needle is orange(92-94 I think) it won't work with 95-96 red needles. But it will work if you swap the entire cluster. My 95 cluster has 40K more miles so I have to wait like 6 yrs to get correct mileage.
Old 03-02-10, 09:58 PM
willhickey
Lexus Test Driver

oh so if i put the whole cluster in ill be okay? yes thats what I was planning on doing anyway!!!! thanks thanks thanks nice 300z by the way i have always wanted one but after looking under the hood i kinda got scared haha
Old 03-03-10, 09:37 AM
KA8
Instructor

No problem! My z was sold recently but definitely looking to get a z32tt in the future.
Old 03-03-10, 11:37 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Im in Athens, AL., just off of I-65 about 10 miles.
Old 03-03-10, 11:41 AM
Elitesrule
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Im in Athens, AL., just off of I-65 about 10 miles.
I got my marriage license in Athens lol. You are about 2.5 hours away
Old 03-03-10, 08:57 PM
willhickey
Lexus Test Driver

get another 300z thats a timeless design!!! and a headturner.. its your money though i suppose.

Quick Reply: sc400 Instrument Cluster