SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

***OFFICIAL: POST a Pic of your ride - RIGHT NOW! SC Style***

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-18, 10:59 PM
Shayy
Intermediate

Received 132 Likes on 47 Posts

So sorry to blow you guys up but I've been taking lots of pictures on my new camera. I thought maybe someone would like the pics in the future

The following users liked this post:
acacg (07-07-18)
Old 07-03-18, 11:52 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Shayy
So sorry to blow you guys up but I've been taking lots of pictures on my new camera. I thought maybe someone would like the pics in the future

Did you coat this car too?
acacg (07-07-18)
Old 07-04-18, 08:24 AM
Shayy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
Did you coat this car too?

Yes sir 22PLE and once that cured I put a layer of Carpro Reload on it
Old 07-04-18, 12:44 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Yes sir 22PLE and once that cured I put a layer of Carpro Reload on it
Nice, did you go with HPC or a different one? I still haven't had a chance to try 22ple.
Old 07-05-18, 09:57 AM
Shayy
Intermediate

Nice, did you go with HPC or a different one? I still haven't had a chance to try 22ple.
I used their VX1 Pro2 coating. I enjoy the high gloss it gives off. It really hides how old my car's paint is while making it very easy to clean during car washes. That Carpro Reload really helped with the hydrophobic properties too. I'll be maintaining Reload on my finish as long as I can.
Old 07-05-18, 10:49 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I used their VX1 Pro2 coating. I enjoy the high gloss it gives off. It really hides how old my car's paint is while making it very easy to clean during car washes. That Carpro Reload really helped with the hydrophobic properties too. I'll be maintaining Reload on my finish as long as I can.
I use Gyeon Cure for the added hydrophobic properties, but it's hard to argue that it is a better product than Reload. Reload is cheaper (per oz) and supposed to last 6 months compared to the 1.5-2 months for Cure.

I've done a LSP sampler for my friends a few times now (I make them wash all their cars on the same day and apply a different LSP on each one while I supervise), and Reload has been voted as the number 1 choice multiple times by guys that don't know a lot about paint care.
Old 07-05-18, 10:58 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,202 Likes on 833 Posts

That blue is something else... It looks great thank you for sharing!
Shayy (07-06-18)
Old 07-05-18, 02:11 PM
SpectraBlu
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by RudysSC
That blue is something else... It looks great thank you for sharing!
I was thinking the same. Anybody know the color? Every time I see one you guys cars with Meister's on it, makes me question wether or not to keep my Equip's or sell them and get Meister's lol. I haven't seen another wheel that goes so well with SC's IMO.
Old 07-05-18, 02:35 PM
Duck05
Pole Position

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by SpectraBlu
I was thinking the same. Anybody know the color?
I asked that exact same question in May.

"It's 8J5 Midnight Indigo Pearl on USDM cars in Japan its Dark Blue Mica"

But now I know the paint protection product added to the "pop" of this color.... Nice....
Old 07-05-18, 02:40 PM
SpectraBlu
Advanced

Originally Posted by Duck05
I asked that exact same question in May.

"It's 8J5 Midnight Indigo Pearl on USDM cars in Japan its Dark Blue Mica"

But now I know the paint protection product added to the "pop" of this color.... Nice....
Nice, thanks man
Old 07-05-18, 09:25 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SpectraBlu
I was thinking the same. Anybody know the color? Every time I see one you guys cars with Meister's on it, makes me question wether or not to keep my Equip's or sell them and get Meister's lol. I haven't seen another wheel that goes so well with SC's IMO.
keep the equips. Good condition equips are becoming rarer every day. It's something that would be very hard for you to replace.
Old 07-05-18, 10:39 PM
SpectraBlu
Advanced

keep the equips. Good condition equips are becoming rarer every day. It's something that would be very hard for you to replace.
That's a good point. They're true 19" reverse lip, not 18" step lipped up as well. Thanks for the advice
Old 07-06-18, 10:22 AM
Shayy
Intermediate

I use Gyeon Cure for the added hydrophobic properties, but it's hard to argue that it is a better product than Reload. Reload is cheaper (per oz) and supposed to last 6 months compared to the 1.5-2 months for Cure.

I've done a LSP sampler for my friends a few times now (I make them wash all their cars on the same day and apply a different LSP on each one while I supervise), and Reload has been voted as the number 1 choice multiple times by guys that don't know a lot about paint care.
I heard good things about Reload and after using some CarPro products in the past I thought I'd give it a shot. I have no idea if it's the best but I have a whole bottle still and it works great for me. I'll continue using it for sure. As far as paint care, all I used on my paint when I got this car was Meguiar's Ultimate Compound because I was skeptical of how much clear coat was left on this 26-year-old paint. The roof has been resprayed at some point because I see a cutoff line. It's not bad for the age of the car though. Overall it turned out pretty good for how old it is IMO. The trunk lid has a decent amount of imperfections in it and judged off the shower curtain I found in the trunk when it delivered, this thing was sitting halfway out of a carport of some sort when it was in Japan.

It probably sat for years at a time. This car has about 230k km on it (around 142k miles) and most people told me that's high mileage for an imported car. I saw it as a car that was actually driven and didn't rot away. The biggest issue is the digital cluster going bad over the years. I have a feeling it has to do with them sitting. The capacitors leak. Now I've seen some very beaten up Soarers in person with extremely low miles on the clusters and begin to question if those clusters are even original.
Old 07-07-18, 06:18 AM
Upshaws
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1993 SC400. 116K miles.

Last edited by Upshaws; 07-07-18 at 06:25 AM.
Old 07-08-18, 12:00 AM
Shayy
Intermediate

[
acacg (08-21-18)

Quick Reply: ***OFFICIAL: POST a Pic of your ride - RIGHT NOW! SC Style***