SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

3inch turboback exhaust clip/AFR idle readings with revs and some death

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-10 | 06:47 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Default 3inch turboback exhaust clip/AFR idle readings with revs and some death

Okay guys...heres the vid...sadly it is in black and white...but you get the idea...keep the volume somewhat LOW because once i start talking my voice is kind of loud..sorry. Enjoy. Let me know what you think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6BO5flcc2k

New 3inch piping from turbo back, to a HKS Hi Flow 4.5 inch outlet. Also, check out the AFR readings and car temp and rpms. Notice the smoke from the exhaust?? it aint cold outside..im not sure if thats rich or lean..i think rich.

UPDATE AFR VIDEO ON PAGE 3

Last edited by ashtray; 02-28-10 at 12:18 PM.
Old 02-22-10 | 08:17 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

that little bit of smoke is just from the rich condition caused from the bov opening and being vented to atmosphere same with the boggin/stalling..but im trying to figure out why its staying as rich as it was at idle for that long...

BUT once we can get you back down for another day/weekend, we will set you up with a blow through, readjust the safc and you will be boosting and reving as much as you want with no stalling..

and the exhaust sounds great, cant wait to have you back down so we can get it set and get some action videos
Old 02-22-10 | 08:19 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

i cant wait either man. Its frustrating driving around town and worrying about afr readings lol. im just gonna drive slowwwww till its ready to go fasttt.
Old 02-22-10 | 08:29 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

damn ur boosted nice
Old 02-22-10 | 08:59 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Originally Posted by t70 supra
damn ur boosted nice
Yepp. not boosting though till some bugs are fixed. Thanks.
Old 02-22-10 | 09:05 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

^still sounds good
Old 02-22-10 | 09:07 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Thanks, i like it also, the vid does not do it justice..especially in black and white what was i thinking??!? Thanks though.
Old 02-22-10 | 09:13 PM
Slade
Pole Position

Yes!!! now my turn. Those mvp headers didnt do justice for our cars haha

::edit also that check engine, is ur 2ndary 02 sensor hooked up? pm a part list you used buddy. I need some ideas.

btw your car is running a little rich. Its better rich than lean, but, hope you get ur safc tuned.
Old 02-22-10 | 09:35 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

It wont be tuned till the 6th should i just not drive it as much as possible?? Im considering it...and ill get a list asap.
Old 02-23-10 | 02:10 AM
nolexhere
Driver

Since the vid didn't show you running under load it's hard to say. What kind of readings to you usually get driving around?
Old 02-23-10 | 05:31 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

congrats sounds great
Old 02-23-10 | 05:38 AM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Slade
Yes!!! now my turn. Those mvp headers didnt do justice for our cars haha

::edit also that check engine, is ur 2ndary 02 sensor hooked up? pm a part list you used buddy. I need some ideas.

btw your car is running a little rich. Its better rich than lean, but, hope you get ur safc tuned.
Send him the list because that was my first thought.
Originally Posted by ashtray
It wont be tuned till the 6th should i just not drive it as much as possible?? Im considering it...and ill get a list asap.
You can drive it as long as you're not pulling super-low o2 killing afr readings. It'll cost you your plugs but it'll get you to work and back.

Originally Posted by nolexhere
Since the vid didn't show you running under load it's hard to say. What kind of readings to you usually get driving around?
I'd like to know this one too.
Old 02-23-10 | 10:17 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

when we took his car out for the first drive, keeping it out of boost, it was reading from mid 13's to 15.3 while cruising, which is dead on to what my car was depending on throttle%. The couple times it started to make boost, it would drop to low 11's up to 4psi, then jump to 14's after 4psi and throttle was cut immediately. But I have a feeling that is due to the FP ECU still being in tact and the stock pump just not keeping up once positive pressure is built.

All the factory o2's remained in place, except the factory 3rd o2 that was on the midpipe was not connected during the initial drive. but Carlos did say that he had a CEL before we even started the swap, so if its still present when he comes back down for the finishing touches, Im gonna run a diagnostic on it and see what the CEL is for.

Just a little more tweaking on the weekend of the 6th, and all the bugs will be worked out.
Old 02-23-10 | 10:22 AM
ashtray
Pole Position

Hey Chris, can we do this this saturday? Ill drive up to chorpus in the mid afternoon and see what we can get done before nightfall, then get a real early start in the morning so i dont gotta drive her for so many days untuned.
Old 02-23-10 | 11:04 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

I have to work this weekend, but if something comes up I will let you know.

Quick Reply: 3inch turboback exhaust clip/AFR idle readings with revs and some death