zhillz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice work!
Old 03-01-10, 01:02 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys. I will have more updates tomorrow and hopefully have the one light completed and mounted.

As for delining the inside of the housing, I think the lens will be thin. Im going to try and measure the depth of the lines inside, and the total thickness of the lens itself and see how much room I have for error, but will keep you all updated.
Old 03-01-10, 01:30 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Ok another update, and the passenger side should be finished tonight mounted and sealed, so I will have more pics once its 100% completed, but here it is with the lens on, and 3000k HID installed with the 6000k HID headlight.

With the lens on, the light is scattered just a bit, but from what I can see during the day, they still have a nice cut off. I will be checking them later in the evening, and if its too scattered, I might figure out a way to make the housings sit flush with the bumper and mount it all up with no lens.
Old 03-01-10, 02:02 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

wow, thank you for doing such a nice job.
I had no idea it would come out so nicely. pls excuse me while I go remove my fog lights and order some new slim ballasts.

do you have a link for the exact fogs you used? or where to get em.

I just noticed your lenses are different than mine (1995) style. mine have an extra line in them.
check it out,
**Edit** i dont think they are interchangeable, gonna see what I can do with the 95's

Last edited by Ali SC3; 03-01-10 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-01-10, 02:10 PM
zhillz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by turbodremz
I might figure out a way to make the housings sit flush with the bumper and mount it all up with no lens.

Im wondering how hard it would be to mold your own clear lens? People have done it with headlights/taillights that dont curve around to the inside and mount flush like our headlights do. Are the fogs the same?
Old 03-01-10, 02:20 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
I had no idea it would come out so nicely. pls excuse me while I go remove my fog lights and order some new slim ballasts.

I just noticed your lenses are different than mine (1995) style. mine have an extra line in them.
I wonder if your style will bolt in or a lens swap is possible...
check it out

his are pre 95 corner lights not fogs he converted them to fogs and the lenses are shaped differently so it wont work
Old 03-01-10, 03:01 PM
kanderson
Driver

Excited to see the end result. Our cars really need the extra light!
Old 03-01-10, 03:33 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks real good man. Coming along very nicely. Make sure they're sealed really well.
Old 03-01-10, 04:39 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

check it out,
**Edit** i dont think they are interchangeable, gonna see what I can do with the 95's
Like Yea2jZ said the 95/96 lights are acutal fog lamps, so all you have to do is throw in some HID's. The 95/96 fog lights are physically larger, and shaped just a bit different, so interchangeability is a no-no.

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
his are pre 95 corner lights not fogs he converted them to fogs and the lenses are shaped differently so it wont work

Originally Posted by zhillz
Im wondering how hard it would be to mold your own clear lens? People have done it with headlights/taillights that dont curve around to the inside and mount flush like our headlights do. Are the fogs the same?
I was considering this, cause the stock lens does throw the lighting off just a bit, but Im going to test them again once its a little darker. But I dont think making acrylic lenses would be too hard, and I will look into it later on.

Originally Posted by kanderson
Excited to see the end result. Our cars really need the extra light!
exactly what made me pursue this. I wanted actual fogs that would be cost effective and wouldnt require going to a 95/97 bumper, but that still retained the factory look. More pictures will be up shortly.

Originally Posted by ashtray
Looks real good man. Coming along very nicely. Make sure they're sealed really well.
Thanks Carlos. They will be sealed to keep water out, but I want them to beable to breathe just a little. A total seal would eventually lead to condensation inside, but I will deal with venting at a later time.
Old 03-01-10, 06:22 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Like Yea2jZ said the 95/96 lights are acutal fog lamps, so all you have to do is throw in some HID's. The 95/96 fog lights are physically larger, and shaped just a bit different, so interchangeability is a no-no.
I tried that, it's pretty terrible without a projector. eventually i will retrofit them.
again, nice job
Old 03-01-10, 06:50 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Ok here they are, no more pictures after this till the other light is finished, but other than a bit of scattered light, they seem to have come out decent.

cutoff line is still present, but not 100% clean cut

cutoff line from fogs does not go higher than the headlights

Standard halogen bulb on right with no lens to show the difference with the HID's

darkened to show the difference

Last edited by turbodremz; 03-03-10 at 10:10 AM.
Old 03-01-10, 10:15 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

I tried that, it's pretty terrible without a projector. eventually i will retrofit them.
again, nice job

Thanks again..as for the projectors that I used the closest I can find are on ebay..just search P1 Projector lights and they will come up..BUT I dont know if those have the cutoff line in them, and they use H3 bulbs, mine have 800series bulbs in them.
Old 03-01-10, 10:25 PM
willhickey
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry but how exactly did you wire up fogs in your 92? I got a 94 with a 95 front bumper and fogs .. Any help would be appreciated and ps i would really like to use the factory fog switch from a 95 since i have a parts car I can take the switch off of.
Old 03-01-10, 10:30 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

They are currently wired in with a relay(may be moved into the factory fuse box) and an aftermarket switch. When my new shifter trim comes in, it will be fitted with an OEM fog switch to make it look as factory as possible.

Quick Reply: Any pre-95 retrofitted corner lamps?