SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Help Fast!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-10, 01:33 PM
FinalSC
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Fast!!

Hey CL after buying my sc the car was suppose to only have some tlc like the power steering pump and air sensor! i don't mind that but the car did not pass smog and sometimes dies after starting and the mechanics said there are more problems with the engine... four to five problems... i bought the car for 2300 and spent around six hundred or so for the parts and oil change... fair to get back 2000 and give him the car back?? HELP ASAP!!1
Old 02-23-10, 01:35 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

you sure you can return the car?
Old 02-23-10, 01:37 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1jz swap buddy might wanna call j-hot
Old 02-23-10, 01:37 PM
FinalSC
Driver

Originally Posted by jadu
you sure you can return the car?
idk ima call the guy up.. cause damn the car wont pass smog ive lost around sic hundred already and im wanting only 2000 back frm the price he sold it to me for 2300...
Old 02-23-10, 01:38 PM
FinalSC
Driver

Originally Posted by t70 supra
1jz swap buddy might wanna call j-hot
i want to but im more on VIP than HP
Old 02-23-10, 01:41 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look at jgdynamics sc
Old 02-23-10, 01:46 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Originally Posted by FinalSC
idk ima call the guy up.. cause damn the car wont pass smog ive lost around sic hundred already and im wanting only 2000 back frm the price he sold it to me for 2300...
arrite good luck with that. It sounds like the car is running. What have you done already?
Old 02-23-10, 01:48 PM
FinalSC
Driver

arrite good luck with that. It sounds like the car is running. What have you done already?
ive done nothing but parked it in my backyard and fixing it... but needs to drive so took for smog and it didn't pass!!! its running alright but how can it be a daily driver without smog? its illegal to sell a non-pass smog right... i love it but this can't b my first car...
Old 02-23-10, 02:11 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

I''m unfamiliar with the legalities and will have to look that up. maybe someone else can chime in. If you havent already, have you tried seafoam, new plugs, rotors, caps, and checked for timing?
Old 02-23-10, 02:19 PM
FinalSC
Driver

I''m unfamiliar with the legalities and will have to look that up. maybe someone else can chime in. If you havent already, have you tried seafoam, new plugs, rotors, caps, and checked for timing?
will if i do that then its not even right for him to sell me the car... cause all he said that need to b replace was the air sensor and power steering pump. cause there more problems on the engine so i doesn't pass smog.
Old 02-23-10, 02:20 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

by law the previous owner (seller) is spou to take care of smog before xfer of the car... but we all know 99% of the time the buyer ends up taking care of the smog. sorry for headaches looks like u have a long road infront of you with your car dont let it discourge you these are great cars but u might have got one that was mistreated

Last edited by eliteskill; 02-23-10 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-23-10, 02:29 PM
FinalSC
Driver

Originally Posted by eliteskill
by law the previous owner (seller) is spou to take care of smog before xfer of the car... but we all know 99% of the time the buyer ends up taking care of the smog. sorry for headaches looks like u have a long road infront of you with your car dont let it discourge you these are great cars but u might have got one that was mistreated
so should i keep it and can't drive it or ask for 2000 back? its more than 5k to get it back in shape and i don't have that kind of money...
Old 02-23-10, 02:33 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

what did your mech say is wrong with it?? where in ca are you located. I have a great mech that can tell you whats wrong if your mech cant figure it out. Is it drivable at all?? you sayed it starts tho.

I just hate it when people scam others -_- let me know ill try to help you out if possible
for 5k you can buy a perfectly running SC, so if it costs that much to fix its not worth it and try to get your money back.
Old 02-23-10, 02:39 PM
FinalSC
Driver

Originally Posted by eliteskill
what did your mech say is wrong with it?? where in ca are you located. I have a great mech that can tell you whats wrong if your mech cant figure it out. Is it drivable at all?? you sayed it starts tho.

I just hate it when people scam others -_- let me know ill try to help you out if possible
for 5k you can buy a perfectly running SC, so if it costs that much to fix its not worth it and try to get your money back.
don't know the number codes but there are four major problems with it. im located in marysville ca. its drivable but sometimes die for no reasons. true i could have bought a better sc but i figure i would save when i bought this one and do more mods. maybe my name does fit me.
Old 02-23-10, 02:41 PM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

Be more specific. Unless these 4 or 5 'engine problems' are correctly identified by your mechanic and diagnosed we can't tell you if the car is worth keeping. If you say the car needs $5000 in work to be in good shape, well that's why some used SC's are worth $1000 and others $10,000.

As far as passing smog, the stuff jadu mentioned is a good place to start, also make sure you're not getting any O2 sensor codes from the ECU. If you're desperate you could try one of those products that claim to make your car pass guaranteed. I've seen them in bottles at Parts source etc. but I'm not sue how effective they are.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Help Fast!!