Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
really... again.
^what he said.
Old 03-02-10, 07:40 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I cant believe all of the negative feedback. All I wanted to know is why the Supra is so much more and the SC seems to be worth less as it gets older? If you cant post something about what I ask about then dont post. Who cares if is been posted 10 billion times, so is every question, wheel, drop, spring, bushing, exhaust, color, and interior combo, gauges, motors, and brakes on here, so then what next....

I try to post comments to help every one on here for problems that I have ran into, encountered, and my findings, not criticize, or degrade someone. Thanks.
Old 03-02-10, 08:05 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its not that people are trying to be rude, criticize, or degrade, just simply stating that this particular topic has been run in to the ground like a $2 hooker..

SC's are getting lower in overall value simply cause of their age and lack of "super car status" like the Supra, and it has been discussed before..so why talk about it again?
Old 03-02-10, 08:13 PM
MarcusMIA
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
I cant believe all of the negative feedback. All I wanted to know is why the Supra is so much more and the SC seems to be worth less as it gets older? If you cant post something about what I ask about then dont post. Who cares if is been posted 10 billion times, so is every question, wheel, drop, spring, bushing, exhaust, color, and interior combo, gauges, motors, and brakes on here, so then what next....

I try to post comments to help every one on here for problems that I have ran into, encountered, and my findings, not criticize, or degrade someone. Thanks.
He has a point. How many ****ing times do you go into a thread of some guy showing his new buy and everyone says, "Great, now you just have to drop it like it's hot." Really.
Old 03-02-10, 10:05 PM
jtamulis
Pole Position

In a direct answer to your question before the thread gets locked, and so people can always point to this thread.

The MKIV Supra became a "classic" and it's value stayed up for many years, then the movie fast and the furious came out, and the value tripled overnight. It is slowly coming back down now, but Supras are still very much overinflated with the price. That's why the supras are worth so much, and the SC300s depreciate like normal. And less people are interested in the "luxury" sc over the SPORTS CAR Supra.

I decided on a 1st gen GS300. I'll be able to have a VERY CLEAN 11 second daily driver GS300, 500+rwhp, ability to seat 4, with upgraded suspension/brakes/tires/the works for about $12-$15k.
A better car for 1/3 the money, or the same money as a N/A MKIV.

I've had ****loads of MKII/MKIII Supras. The MKIV is a great car, but it's certainly not $30k better than my Aristo.

A Supra with the same mods would sell for $40k.

Is the supra worth the overinflated price? no.

Will people still pay for it anyway, yep.

And that's why the price is so high.

There's your answer.

/Thread
Old 03-02-10, 10:34 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

so basically dont buy a supra and make a fast lexus for half the price. case closed.
Old 03-02-10, 10:42 PM
MrAceBaBii
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
so basically dont buy a supra and make a fast lexus for half the price. case closed.
Pretty much, Yaaa
Old 03-02-10, 10:43 PM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jtamulis
In a direct answer to your question before the thread gets locked, and so people can always point to this thread.

The MKIV Supra became a "classic" and it's value stayed up for many years, then the movie fast and the furious came out, and the value tripled overnight. It is slowly coming back down now, but Supras are still very much overinflated with the price. That's why the supras are worth so much, and the SC300s depreciate like normal. And less people are interested in the "luxury" sc over the SPORTS CAR Supra.

I decided on a 1st gen GS300. I'll be able to have a VERY CLEAN 11 second daily driver GS300, 500+rwhp, ability to seat 4, with upgraded suspension/brakes/tires/the works for about $12-$15k.
A better car for 1/3 the money, or the same money as a N/A MKIV.

I've had ****loads of MKII/MKIII Supras. The MKIV is a great car, but it's certainly not $30k better than my Aristo.

A Supra with the same mods would sell for $40k.

Is the supra worth the overinflated price? no.

Will people still pay for it anyway, yep.

And that's why the price is so high.

There's your answer.

/Thread
This.

This is how I think of it.

SC = Poor man's Supra but more luxurious

Which is why I'm getting a SC though I plan to get a MKIV when I have enough money.

Oh yeah, in before lock
Old 03-02-10, 10:44 PM
jtamulis
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
Yep. Exactly.
Old 03-02-10, 10:45 PM
MrAceBaBii
Pit Crew

Stick with your SC and dump your money into it. Don't invest in a MKVI. Unless you find one for dumb cheap which is impossible. Lol
Old 03-02-10, 10:46 PM
MrAceBaBii
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by vietunit
This.

This is how I think of it.

SC = Poor man's Supra but more luxurious

Which is why I'm getting a SC though I plan to get a MKIV when I have enough money.

Oh yeah, in before lock
that is exactly what i think.
Old 03-02-10, 10:51 PM
Smokeshow
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a newb to the Soarer community but not to the Supra community. Basically the Supra is percieved as a supercar that has a cult following and has also gained a reputation from street races as well as movies. Due to its great engine and limited production the value of it is much higher than the Soarer. Even though the Soarer has the same chassis and you can swap a TT 2 j into it you are ultimatley paying for status with the Supra. I love the Supra to death and with I could afford one but I can't so I am joining the Soarer crew since there is a much cheaper entry fee to this crew. Also I like how the Soarer is not really known here in America so it is more of sleeper with not so sleeper looks! So in closing the Supra TT stock is a great performer and has supercar looks but a Soarer is not as popular but can perform just as well. Just depends on how bad you value percieved "image".
Old 03-02-10, 10:54 PM
HeisLegend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Simple answer.

We, as consumers and enthusiasts of the automotive industry, give it a certain value just as we do currency.

The more desirable a car to the public, the more the price.
Old 03-02-10, 11:04 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

I bet had the SC and Supra switched roles in that certain "Street Racing movie"...The tables would be totally turned in terms of value of the 2 cars...and we wouldn't even be having this converstation.

In before the lock.
Old 03-02-10, 11:16 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Everytime a thread llike this comes up "Supra vs SC", or "SC vs Supra", or "Should I buy SC or Supra"..etc., there seem to be always some battles of words going around, and I guess many people are already tired of it. Don't get me wrong. I'm just perceiving it that way.

Quick Reply: Supra TT or SC?