SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Project "Hwydemon" Jz swap into a 400, after having some fun with the v8 1rst.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-10, 06:21 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice build thread. I'm subscribed. I just wish I had the time and money to do something like this. Thanks for sharing and keep the pictures coming.
Old 03-05-10, 07:51 PM
queenskid9
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Nice build thread. I'm subscribed. I just wish I had the time and money to do something like this. Thanks for sharing and keep the pictures coming.
thanks bro, im a broke 21 yr old college student that just race and do side jobs, motor swaps on the side, etc etc to get my money up.

again no serious serious power is happening rite now, im just fixing the v8 and making it look all pretty and shiny and gona rock it for the summer while i start gathering swap parts,

I plan on doing the jz swap, and 5spd all at once.

I have a small lil reputation here in nyc to uphold, so when my car come out, it has to come out running good when the jz is in.
Old 03-06-10, 04:28 AM
Anti-Venom
Driver

I'm in for this thread!!!

I'm in the process of doing something similar. I'm working on building a nitrous beast. I bought mine (1995) for $800 in really good condition, but it didn't come with any seats. I currently have my engine out. I'm almost finished with the interior and plan to break down the engine, replace all seals and gaskets, and replace some of the weaker components. I'd love to see how you clean this up, so keep posting pics. Here's some pics.

Waiting for the engine stand.

Started to give it some character already.

Interior Teaser. I've been converting what was left of my tan interior to black. Since I have contracts to deal NRG Innovation parts, I snagged myself some seats, harnesses, and harness bar. I'm also going to get the steering wheel for it.

Best of luck to ya. I'm with you on the putting the engine back in part.... it felt like doing surgery when pulling it out at times.
Old 03-06-10, 06:09 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

that car was hit in the front before, make sure everything lines up
Old 03-06-10, 03:40 PM
queenskid9
Rookie

Originally Posted by aliga
that car was hit in the front before, make sure everything lines up
yup i notice that, thats why the paint on my bumper looked so fresh lol. It was just a light tap nothing is bent. i took off the bumper bracket and with a straite edge made sure everything measured out exactly the same, nothing underneath is bent everything, frame is still straite, the only damage that was done was to the previous bumper and the bumper support. I wish i sw this before i junked my other part out sc or else i would've taken the support from that one for this.
Old 03-06-10, 03:43 PM
queenskid9
Rookie

anti-venom, everything is looking good, im currently debating on just polishing up everything or just getting some engine paint and respray the silver stuff silver and the black stuff black to just get it that clean look, not sure yet. i dont wanna put too much time into the v8 since im just using it for maybe the summer thats it. But i will add 75-125 wet shot i have lying around and have fun till it blows lol
Old 03-06-10, 07:11 PM
Anti-Venom
Driver

Can't wait to see your progress. I think you will get yours on the road before me though. I have 3 jobs right now and a baby coming in July.... so I try to work on it whenever I can... which isn't very much as of late.
Old 03-07-10, 11:05 AM
queenskid9
Rookie

Originally Posted by Anti-Venom
Can't wait to see your progress. I think you will get yours on the road before me though. I have 3 jobs right now and a baby coming in July.... so I try to work on it whenever I can... which isn't very much as of late.
well see, same here with time schedule and funds, I know what i want to do but have to wait till ill have the money and time to do it, which sucks lol.

And between school, work, and also the weather, i just do what i can.

I plan on degreasing an cleaning up the engine bay today, and start taking the motor apart to get access to the starter. and then maybe even take the heads off just to look at everything
Old 03-07-10, 04:17 PM
queenskid9
Rookie

got the start pulled off today,

Ill be taken the heads off tomorow hopefully, and then start painting, cleaning some stuff up.
Old 03-07-10, 08:05 PM
Anti-Venom
Driver

Are you going to be using the Duplicolor Engine Paint?
Old 03-07-10, 08:15 PM
queenskid9
Rookie

Originally Posted by Anti-Venom
Are you going to be using the Duplicolor Engine Paint?
w/e they have in my parts store, last time i forgot which brand they had but it was rated by degress, 500, 1000, and high heat 1500. and i think even 2000. Wasnt sure if it was duplicolor or not tho
Old 03-16-10, 04:16 PM
queenskid9
Rookie

been out of town for the past week, back in town and back to work on the sc400, I would like to have it up and running for the Toyota Supra meet we have local every yr at englishtown racewaypark in NJ.

Purchasng a replacement starter tomorrow.

Pressure washed the engine bay today, and degreased most of the motor today,
Also started prepping the ls400 calipers for some paint cant decide on which color.
If anything ill go with the red for that fake brembo look lol, but idk may do gold
Old 03-16-10, 05:46 PM
MrFairlady
Driver

I'm in - About to start this weekend Pulling my 1UZ for my Singled 1JZ.can't wait

bought my SC400 for $2500 and Just bought a MINT 95 White/Blk (rare) interior for $1000 that has rod knock. Putting my 1UZ in that car and selling it.

Looking good - I was questioning if that Motor would come out ok w/ the trans still on it.Looks like it will.
Old 03-16-10, 07:26 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The only part that i always hate is when it's time to unplug the harness from the ECU and the Kick panel, because couple of the connector has the release pin on the top and the others on the botton always have to fight to disconnect the harness plug from the Kick panel lol .
I have done about 5-7 1UZ swap it's fun because i am always hating on the 1UZ lol and buddy is the true 1UZ believer.
It looks like 98% of CL members have an SC project going on haha.
Old 03-16-10, 08:35 PM
queenskid9
Rookie

yes specificly the one i believe white plug harnes at the top of the kick panel and the connector is one top, i dam near broke the skin on my finger to try and pry and pull that one off.

lol im hating on the 1uz 2, if it was cheaper to convert to 5spd i would really get into it but ppl want 1500 just for the swap kits, not including the trany, thats a 2jzgte from an aristo rite there, or few 2-300 more thats a soarer 1jzgte engine and 5SPD R154 combo.

If i didnt like having three pedals i would probrably be different and mess seriously with the 1uz but not for me bro, to each their own

Quick Reply: Project "Hwydemon" Jz swap into a 400, after having some fun with the v8 1rst.