SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Project "Hwydemon" Jz swap into a 400, after having some fun with the v8 1rst.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-10, 08:38 PM
queenskid9
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFairlady
I'm in - About to start this weekend Pulling my 1UZ for my Singled 1JZ.can't wait

bought my SC400 for $2500 and Just bought a MINT 95 White/Blk (rare) interior for $1000 that has rod knock. Putting my 1UZ in that car and selling it.

Looking good - I was questioning if that Motor would come out ok w/ the trans still on it.Looks like it will.
yes it cane out ok but dont make the mistake i did with the driveshaft, gotta split it in half,, i thought it was like an sc300 and when u lossen it while the motor comes out the driveshaft just slides off, it definetly doesnt do that, gotta pull the driveshaft then lift everything out, and the v8 is very wide so just take ur time with it to not bend, scratch, anything up u know
Old 03-22-10, 07:37 PM
queenskid9
Rookie

been sidetracked a little bit doing motor swaps and side jobs for some customer cars.

Finally had today to actually change the starter and reassemble the motor after cleaning and degreased it a good bit, Its midterms week in school right now but hopefully in between studying tomorrow ill be able to just drop the motor back into place inside the engine bay.
Old 03-23-10, 07:33 AM
bopp
Driver

lmao wow in doing 2jzgte 5speed swap to my sc4 .... nice pic she looks sweet
Old 03-24-10, 07:37 PM
queenskid9
Rookie

got her running and stated her up today, just an initial test and she started up perfectly on the first try. Now time to reinstall the rad, hyndrofan, power steering resorvior, go over all the vaccum lines, reintall driveshaft, tranny fluid, and make sure nothing is leaking.

then off to reinstall bumper headlights, start repairing the interior and then finally swap over the ls400 brakes and mkiv shocks and lowering springs i have lying around.

will updates with pics and a video tomorow depending on the weather.
Old 03-24-10, 08:14 PM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by queenskid9
got her running and stated her up today, just an initial test and she started up perfectly on the first try. Now time to reinstall the rad, hyndrofan, power steering resorvior, go over all the vaccum lines, reintall driveshaft, tranny fluid, and make sure nothing is leaking.

then off to reinstall bumper headlights, start repairing the interior and then finally swap over the ls400 brakes and mkiv shocks and lowering springs i have lying around.

will updates with pics and a video tomorow depending on the weather.
nice. after all that, you can get working on mine.
Old 03-24-10, 08:37 PM
queenskid9
Rookie

man u have no idea how hard it is to get this big wide v8 to fit bac into place lol, im sp happpy i pulled the bumper off cause my engine lift was all up on the bumper support
Old 03-25-10, 04:43 AM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

they still couldnt figure out the problem. Guess they where just stupid.

Again tried to start, still nothing, puled the plugs and there dripping with gas, the engine is really flooded, change plugs almost started, alot of smoke but plugs come out still dripping with gas and then finally the starter gave out. So motor is coming out.
LOL Maybe they werent so stupid, sounds like you couldnt get it to run either.
Sorry, I had to, Anyway, GL with the project, looks like you got a decent deal.
Old 03-25-10, 12:36 PM
queenskid9
Rookie

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
LOL Maybe they werent so stupid, sounds like you couldnt get it to run either.
Sorry, I had to, Anyway, GL with the project, looks like you got a decent deal.
got her running and stated her up today,

she is running now, Issues was motor was completely flooded and the starter solonoid gave out. My theory it was more with the starter, the starter would turn the motor, and then would cut out when the car backfired when i was attempting to start it. I think the starter was on its way out and wouldn't turn the motor fast enough to initiate a start. All i did was pull the motor, change the starter, and intake manifold gaskets, put it back in and first crank she started rite up, stumbled at idle tho, after i re did the vaccum lines,

she pures so nice now.

I feel real good tho becuse it was a pretty reputable shop, they bought a whole sc400 parts car and swap everything over ecu, injectors, etc etc and couldnt figure it out but a a kid in his backyard did lol.

will be posting a video today, its currently only headers on the car so it may be a lil loud.

also i need some motor pieces, the timing belt covers etc etc, i have stuff just zip-tied up for now to not hit any rotationg pieces
Old 03-25-10, 12:49 PM
queenskid9
Rookie

and scott ur car is badass bro, Builds like urs is what tempts me to go all out and have fun with the v8

Last edited by queenskid9; 03-28-10 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-25-10, 12:56 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

she is running now, Issues was motor was completely flooded and the starter solonoid gave out. My theory it was more with the starter, the starter would turn the motor, and then would cut out when the car backfired when i was attempting to start it. I think the starter was on its way out and wouldn't turn the motor fast enough to initiate a start. All i did was pull the motor, change the starter, and intake manifold gaskets, put it back in and first crank she started rite up, stumbled at idle tho, after i re did the vaccum lines,

she pures so nice now.

I feel real good tho becuse it was a pretty reputable shop, they bought a whole sc400 parts car and swap everything over ecu, injectors, etc etc and couldnt figure it out but a a kid in his backyard did lol.

will be posting a video today, its currently only headers on the car so it may be a lil loud.

also i need some motor pieces, the timing belt covers etc etc, i have stuff just zip-tied up for now to not hit any rotationg pieces

Oh cool, I didnt realize you were putting it back in, I thought it was pulled to be replaced, Guess I should learn to read.

Thanks for the kind words on my project, I have to get that thing back together.
Old 03-25-10, 03:53 PM
queenskid9
Rookie

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
Oh cool, I didnt realize you were putting it back in, I thought it was pulled to be replaced, Guess I should learn to read.

Thanks for the kind words on my project, I have to get that thing back together.
plz do im really curious to see a dyno, and how much rpm u plan on revving it too. I have my heart on a jz but boosting and doing a manual swap on a v8 is definetly different. All i want rite now is a lil bit more than what i was making in my supra and thats 500 at the wheels on pump gas and meth, thats all i want.
Old 03-26-10, 10:52 AM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

You should have taken the motor from the white car. It already had ARP head studs, TT head gasket and all the seals have been replaced. There's a TT denso fuel pump in that car also.
Old 03-26-10, 03:26 PM
queenskid9
Rookie

motor in the white car was in very poor condition, it was running so rich that the gas went pass the rings into the oil, making it like kerosene. Oil level was way pass full when cold from all the gas that was in it, Didnt wanna have to tear it part and do a rebuild on it at the time.
Old 03-26-10, 03:36 PM
queenskid9
Rookie

i did keep the fuel pump for myself tho lol
Old 03-28-10, 06:01 PM
queenskid9
Rookie

seems like im having a short in the harnes or something, sometimes, the car starts, sometimes it tries to start gets fuel and spark but cant start, and just floods the motor,

Check and redid some of the wiring for the cam position sensors, and still getting a stupid code 13 but now it starts rite up everytime now consistent.

Thanks to my boy SC4FANATIC for coming thru and chilling.

have a power steering pump leak to fix, get the exhaust welded back on and im good to go.

Also will be getting the 1jz motor back from the machine shop hopefully next weekend.

uploading some pics and vids of the car now

Last edited by queenskid9; 03-28-10 at 06:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Project "Hwydemon" Jz swap into a 400, after having some fun with the v8 1rst.