SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

made a bad bad decision

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-10, 10:42 AM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i had a similar incident happen to me back in 2005 where some ***** rear-ended me and mashed up my rear bumper. We agreed to keep the insurance out if it a long as he paid me for the repair. I took his personal information down, phone, license plate. So the next day i called his number twice, no answer, so i left amessage. After 4 days he never called me back.

OoohKaaaay (*in Scarface voice*).

So i asked a buddy of mine that works at the local DMV to find out where he lives for me. I got the address. Next day i showed up at his house with 2 of my dudes waiting in my murdered out Denali.

Dude opens the door with this OH SHEEIT look on his face. 3 minutes later i'm walking back to my truck with $300 cash.

end.

Last edited by MIGS; 03-05-10 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-05-10, 12:24 PM
yetmaaxx
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RyanV

thailand man haha
Old 03-05-10, 01:41 PM
ALLWiTE2JZ
Lead Lap

I had this happen to me before in one of my past cars I've had, I was in the Taco Bell drive-thru and this guy had to of been like high and drunk or something (I could tell just by looking at him) and it was 2-3am on a Friday or Saturday night so he must of just left some bar/party or something. So I was waiting in the drive-thru and this guy starts moving up slowly but surely inch by inch and I was like "whoa dude you're getting a little close there" and before I knew it he hit me rear bumper at like 5 mph. So I get out and I'm like "wtf did you do you idiot" and he was like oh my bad heres my number I'll get it buffed out for you. It was like a decent size scuff mark. I got his number and got in my car, pulled up to the drive-thru window, got my food and was ready to head home. But before I pulled out of the Taco Bell parking lot, I was like "damn I should really get that guys tag number" so I went back and while he was still in the drive-thru I wrote it down real quick and then left. The next day I tried calling him and he didn't answer just like other people have said they experienced in this thread. So I washed my car and then waxed it, turns out that me waxing the bumper with some cleaner wax for a couple minutes got the scuff mark right out. But yeah, if it wouldn't of came out, I'd of been pissed lol and then reported it.
Old 03-05-10, 01:45 PM
yetmaaxx
Rookie

damn im so pissed at myself right now for not getting his tag number
i wish my scratch would get off as easily as urs >_<
Old 03-05-10, 01:47 PM
ALLWiTE2JZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by yetmaaxx
damn im so pissed at myself right now for not getting his tag number
i wish my scratch would get off as easily as urs >_<
LOL, well keep an eye out for him on the road. Who knows, you might see him again, and if you do, then get his tag number or follow him home and kick his ***.
Old 03-05-10, 01:51 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NopainT
What's the number?!? I wanna call it! LOL
imo everyone from CL should call it lol and tell him WHERES HIS MONEY MAN

after 100+ calls from 100+ different area codes i would either change my number or pay you

btw im down to call him too
Old 03-05-10, 01:59 PM
yetmaaxx
Rookie

lol thx guys
it would be cool if all the CL members with sc300 all go to his house and get the money lol jk jk
Old 03-05-10, 02:03 PM
wickedsc3
Driver

Damn that sucks i still cant believe ppl do that. U always report it man i dont care if it is just a lil scrach ill pay 250(my deductable) to get my bumper re painted anyday. Im sorry but they could be the nicest dude in the world but when money is involved always look out for number 1 man cuz 9 times outa 10 they will f u over.
Old 03-05-10, 02:12 PM
yetmaaxx
Rookie

i know man thx tho
people said that to me a lot haha
Old 03-05-10, 04:10 PM
HeisLegend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eliteskill

after 100+ calls from 100+ different area codes i would either change my number or pay you

Genius.

I'm in.
Old 03-05-10, 06:02 PM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by eliteskill

I'm in as well
Old 03-05-10, 06:08 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Did it ever occur that they might be giving you the wrong cell number. Did you even get his voicemail or anything? I had the same thing happen to me in my Maxima, a few years ago. The dude even used my phone to call his boss, so I had his work number in my phone. he did the same thing, so i went to his house. Luckily he lived with his parents, and he didnt even tell them after a week. My Max was already in the shop getting a new spoiler and rear bumper painted. Lesson learned take pictures, and get his tag number and VIN. Sorry to hear about this, let us know what comes about it.
Old 03-05-10, 06:41 PM
luvmyaussy
Driver School Candidate

Hey,

Sorry you have to go through this kind of BS. Not many honorable anymore.

As an old insurance person, there ain't much I ain't seen. Just hope the jerk and his gf doesn't call the cops and say you backed into him.

My suggestion - If he won't pick up the phone, leave him a msg that you was able to obtain his insurance information from DMV and if he doesn't want you to file a claim on his policy he might ought to call you back and settle this.

If you know his phone number is correct, cross reference the number to get his name & address. Call some of the major insurance companies and see if he is insured with them. If you get a hit, file a claim. Also, if your state is a compulsory insurance state, you may be able to contact DMV with his name,address & car type and the DMV will have his insurance information.

Talkes a lot of foot work but the wretch will crap-a-brick when his insurance claims office calls him for an interview. If he don't have insurance, put me down for a call too.

LMA
Old 03-05-10, 06:44 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pic's of rear bumper?!!
Old 03-05-10, 06:54 PM
MarcusMIA
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah!!! Post the number!!!

Also, I'm not sure if having the plate number would have helped you, anyway. Unless you showed up to his house like the other guy did.

Quick Reply: made a bad bad decision